“Romantic”

Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed May 21, 2012

a wonderful location to dine and let your romantic side come out and play.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino

Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed end of April for 7 nights at the Hyatt.

The Hyatt is shadow and light because you have certain things that are very nice and other hings where you feel a bit disapointed for that pricing range.

The rooms

the room where one of the things where we felt this disappointment. We had a standard Kingzise room with sea/garden view. Sizewise the room was perfectly enough and the sleeping quality was good as well.

The Bathroom got renovate not too many years ago so you have a pretty modern shower which is important for me. The room itself was it bit too oldfashioned and is definetively in the need for a renovation. Furthermore I am not sure if I like carpet in a beach resort, maybe there are smarter way how to equip the floor of a beach resort. on the other hand you anyway don't want to spend to much time in your room but still. We Are talking about a couple hundred dollars per noight and room.

the biggest issue from my point of view is the missing balcony. Not even a small... you only have big doors/windows where you can make a step out. But to have relaxed evening with nice dinner and wine on you balcony is not possible.

The Hotel itself and the pool/beach area

The pool area is a bit like a tropica forrest and very nicley kept in shape. So there is nothing to complain about it. This counts as well for the beach area where you can get everything you need for a day on the beach (towels, chairs and installed cabanas). For little snacks and refreshments you have close by the pool bar and a smoothy bar which is my favourit. Additionaly if you don't want to leave the beach there is a beach service which brings everything you need to your sunny place.

One thing I dont like is the attempt not only to have nice flowers, furthermore to have nice anymals like macaws and black swans. I would prefer to not have such animals imprisoned because it is not really a highlight. The koi carp and the domestic lizards and birds are entertainment enough.

Bars and restaurants

The hotel runs a couple bars and restaurants. My personal highlight was the food at the beach bar, especially the Burger and a Chicken Wrap (can't remember the exacte name).

The lowlight wa sthe sushi at the Japengo restaurant. When I travel to the caribian I expect extraordinary fresh and good fish. This was at max average. No complaints about the eatability (not sure if this is a word) but I have eaten much better sushi at home in Germany and other places around the globe where I wouldn't expect to get it in that kind of quality.

Further more the Cocktails a ther Bar a of a low quality, pertly pre mixed and then just quashed into a plastic cup. Compared to other hyatt bars this is unfortunately a pitty. Esspecially as i general the beverage menus is quite compete.

Service & Staff

Everybody is really freindly and tries to help you. Unfortunately this is paired with a bit of caribian relaxed behaviour. I know I am not in arush during my holidays but waiting at the counter for minutes because only one person runs the recenption is not really Hyatt standard.

Attached to the cocktail issue it might be even more appaeling if they would hire really skilled barkeeper who know how to mix a proper cocktail.

Summary

Finally I can recommend the hotel to that extent that i think the price to value could be better. there are no major issues or mistakes. Especially as you have a couple nice restaurant on the island. Unfortunately I am abit disapointed by aruba itself as it already very developed and you don't have to much of that real caribian feeling you would expect it.

Room Tip: the poolside rooms can be potentially loud if you have weddings or parties going on occasioanlly
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
11  Thank omanolo
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We were actually booked at the Bucuti Resort (adults only), but they screwed up our reservation and rebooked us at the Hyatt. I don't really need to write a review of the Hyatt. You know what you are getting when you stay here. The service is great, and the grounds are amazing. Lots of lizards and other animals roaming around, which is pretty cool. The hotel has a massive waterside which barely gets used, so a man child like myself could run up the tower and take a few runs every time I got too hot. We didn't eat dinner at any of the restaurants, but we ate the breakfast buffet which was great (it could use pineapple), and we ate lunch at the beach bar every day, which was also excellent. My one minor complaint? It didn't seem like they raked the beach at night. This seems nitpick, but there is a lot of smoking in Aruba, and people drop their butts in the sand. Kind of nasty. They stack the chairs, so it seems like a minor thing to do. A small complaint on an otherwise excellent visit.

3  Thank Ilovetoscore
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2012

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort, Casino and Spa!

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and for taking your time to leave a review. I echo your sentiments with regard to our exceptional service team. We are sincerely grateful that you selected Hyatt Aruba as your vacation destination, and look forward to welcoming you back home in the near future.

One again thank you for your feedback and on behalf of our associates, masha danki!

Hyatt Regency Aruba Management

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Very happy with the Hyatt. We were glad that we did not go with an all inclusive hotel on this trip. There are so many places to eat and drink all within easy walking distance.
Bring your own booze and make your drinks on the beach. We ordered 2 drinks and billed them to our room at a cost of 40 bucks.
Did not have any issues with getting a covered hut on the beach, just get up early get your spot and enjoy your day. The beach is nice and we used the hotels floats every day.
Do not buy bottled water. Aruba has great water and we had no issues.
Try the water slide. It is fun.
Spa is top of the line and brand new.
Nice little store at Linda's resort next door.
We felt more safe in Aruba than any other place we have been including the U.S. There is a great brick path on the beach side of the hotel that extends throughout the hotel district.
We did not have any problems with vendors. You will not be bothered here.

Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

Love this hotel. However the bathroom was not that clean this time, called front desk took care of it fast however the whole room smelled liked bleach. Breakfast very good. Towels and cabana not so good. Towel lady is VERY miserable and moody! Asked for a hut they wouldnt give me one on the last day it was saved???? No one showed up for it. Staff thought it was a joke that I was mad. I will stay here again and if told cabana is not available I am taking it anyway and you should too. Towel and cabana staff need a lesson on manors. Hector is the best ask for him, he should be in charge

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank angelinaogt

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort & Casino.

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We really value your loyalty over the past years and we will certainly address the issues stated. We appreciate your comments as this feedback allows us to further improve our services provided to our loyal guest such as your self.

On behalf of all of our associates, masha danki

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Probably one of the best hotels in Aruba - great location, facilities, restaurants from cheap(ish) on the beach to expensive and not too impressive sushi. I understand the sushi restaurant is closing soon, to be replaced with another style of eatery.

Our room was large and comfortable, but no bat - it had a wonky shower, and for this money, why cheap toilet paper? And my pet peeve, they want $35 for internet access for a week. Damn, when will these hotels lear? Grrrr.

Unless your breakfast is included, eat out. There are a stack of great cheap places to eat within walking distance.

Room Tip: Liked our room, it overlooked the ocean.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Jethrosdad
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I really want to give this hotel a great review because this is where my husband proposed to me 10 years ago. We have returned four times to this hotel and most recently were a bit disappointed. The area is growing too fast and becoming very crowded.
The hotel itself is nice-the grounds are gorgeous and well landscaped. The open air lobby is beautiful as well.
We purchased a package that included breakfast which I recommend. Breakfast for two is $52. The buffet was great and there are plenty of options. (they give you a check regardless if it is included or not) The service for coffee/juice was spotty. Some days the server seemed annoyed-other days happy. Lunch -on the days we had it-was around $65 for two which included one drink apiece. We ate all dinners out of the hotel
The beach was a bit disappointing. We reserved a hut for the week at $35 per day. I did not want to set an alarm to get up early and I am too fair skinned to be out in direct sun all the time. Unfortunately, once you rent a hut-its the same hut for the week. And if you are near a convention of loud, obnoxious people, well too bad. I felt like I was at the Jersey shore at times.
I noted someone else posted about the ocean floor being gooey-he was right. There was a slimy layer in the ocean floor-and a lot of weed. But I think this is because there were a lot of rain storms and that is certainly not the fault of the Hyatt. It actually rained for hours every day we were there.
The room was nicely decorated and very clean. Yes, there is a glass partition btwn the room and bathroom-I assume to let natural light in the bathroom? Anyhow, bad design-there is absolutely no bathroom privacy and when you turn on the light in the middle of the night-the whole room gets the light. But that really is a minor issue. The bigger issue is the thinness of the walls and doors. We heard a crying baby the entire time and it was down and across the hall from us. And you can hear everything in the hallways. Almost as if there wasn't a door on the room at all.
We went to the small grocery store next to Wendys-a 5 minute walk-and bought some wine/beer/snacks for the room. Some days my husband would load a small cooler he brought with beer and take it to the beach. Each beer at the hotel with service charge was over $7.
Everything has a service charge-but that service charge is split among the entire staff so we always left an extra couple of dollars for the server.
The dress code for Aruba overall has gone to very casual. Some of the nicer restaurants had people with shorts and tank tops.
If you have not been here, then I recommend you do go once. IF you have been here, you may be disappointed on your return visit. I think its losing some of its classiness.

Room Tip: If you want to rest-do not choose a room with an ocean/pool view. They have nightly entertainment wh...
2  Thank Benny521
Hyattregencyaruba, Manager at Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2012

Greetings from the Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino. Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay and for taking your time to leave a review. We greatly appreciate your business and sincerely apologize for our shortcomings.

We, too, were disappointed that we did not meet all your expectations and apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while you were a guest at our resort. We value you as a Hyatt customer and hope to regain your confidence.

To that end, we hope you will once again return to our resort, allowing us another opportunity to serve you in the manner you have come to expect from a Hyatt hotel.

Again, I am so sorry that your visit with us was less than you had hoped. I thank you for your feedback and sincerely hope you will visit with us again in the near future.

Hotel Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#14 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort
#5 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino? Share your experiences!