We returned from Aruba trip ( 5/18-5/25/411) and stayed at the Hyatt on Palm Beach. Part of this stay was business and we added on 4 days for ourselves. We rate this resort to be a TOP 5 - for the price.
The people in Aruba were uniformly warm, friendly and just wonderful! This was especailly the case for the staff at the Hyatt. Everyone from the housekeeper to the waiter to the gentleman who managed the beachfront Towels/Tiki Hut reservations. This made this resort extra special.
We've stayed at 5 star Ritz Charltons, ( Maui and St Thomas) Westins ( Grand Cayman, Grand Bahamas and all over US), Marriotts ( all over US and ST Thomas), ( Casa de Campo (DRepbublic) and Caneel Bay ( St John USVI) and Little Dix Bay ( Virgin Gorda)..........so we've tried them besides renting homes/villas all over.
These are all top hotels and resorts.
But for the price we paid for the Hyatt, we know we got the BEST DEAL! Service, accommodations ( we got top floor beachfront- facing the western sunset with terrace) and ambiance and clleanliess and amenities were great given the price- that we paid for the Ritz Charltons. And the Ritz Charlton's are never on great beaches, not that the Hyatt had a great beach.
We traveled all over Aruba and the better beaches were NOT at the Hyatt or any of these hi-rise resorts.....far too crowded and filled with traffic ini the arter from all the motorized activities. This is our subjective preference..............we loved BABY BEACH and beaches where that are more secluded and w/o noise and empty.
Since we live and work in NYC, we prefer to be empty quiet beaches............not beaches like Palm/Eagle Beach.....but for the price we can't beat the Hyatt! For those who love lots of people, action with motorized sports, Palm /Eagle Beaches are it!
We prefer, EMPTY beaches where one can walk for miles and NOT see 1 other person and where one can walk from the shore and snorkel w/in 8 ft of water. This was not as common in Aruba or any of the big commercials islands where cruise ships dock.
We prefer beach in smaller more remote islands cush as Eleuthera (or other out islands in the Bahamas) Turks & Caicos, St john USVI and the British Virgin Islands. We realize this is only us and most folks love ACTION & PEOPLE , CASINOS, DIsCOS and ShOPPING. And Aruba certainly offered all this!
But again,if you love crowds, noise and action, ARUBA IS IT! And the the Hyatt and especially the PEOPLE of Aruba made the trip memorable!
P.S. We've been to Curacao 5 yrs ago and beaches might not be as expansive but more interesting landscape and less crowded. Bonaire might be less commercial but we understand Bonaire is great for diving and not much for snorkeling from their beaches.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience an oasis of gracious elegance and warm hospitality. This jewel among beachfront hotels in Aruba offers a welcoming combination of superb amenities, ideal location and outstanding service. Discover countless ways to spend your days at our luxurious Aruba hotel and spa. Play tennis, relax on the white-sand beach, race down the waterslide, or pamper yourself at Stillwater Spa. Savor delicious cuisine from around the world. Take a chance in the casino. Whether you are looking for a fun-filled family vacation, a romantic getaway or a memorable business gathering, this year-round Palm Beach Aruba hotel destination is sure to delight. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort And Casino Palm - Eagle Beach
- Hyatt Palm/Eagle Beach
- Palm/Eagle Beach Hyatt
- Aruba Hyatt
- Hyatt Hotel Aruba