We stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath ground floor condo in the Oceania Resort in the Pearl Garden building for a week - 4 adults and one child. Overall, our experience with Oceania and Prestige was excellent.
1) Beautiful condo, up to date appliances including washer/dryer. Modern, clean, bathrooms with plenty of hot water. Wi-fi was perfect the entire time. Plenty of room and enough seating for all four adults both inside and outside on the patio.
2) Comfortable beds with plenty of extra towels, blankets, and sheets. Also stocked with sand toys, a high chair, and a pack and play for the little ones.
3) Communication with Alan, Raquel, and Rachel was excellent via email and also on the day of arrival. I would not hesitate to book with them in the future due to this fact. Nice touch to leave a bottle of champagne in the fridge for us upon check in!
4) Eagle Beach was lovely - not very crowded at all and once I went to Palm Beach I enjoyed it even more due to the fact that Palm was overly crowded and full of the lower level tourists that I attempt to avoid. It was a bit rough for our 3 1/2 year old, but once you got past the wave breaks it was nice and smooth most days
5) When you are not at the beach, Oceania has three pools (and one child's pool) to choose from. We loved the zero entry pool in the older side that had sand and lines on the bottom to show when it got deeper.
6) Maintenance services were great - the day we arrived we had an unfortunate toilet block occur and help arrived within an hour.
1) Our grill was actually an electric grill, and there were no outlets outside so we had to plug it in through the sliding glass door. Odd, but at least there was a workaround.
2) I know that the resort has no power over this, but while we were there the road in front of the condo was blocked off so we had to go on a dirt road between the abandoned water park and the condo to get in and out. Odd, but again it wasn't really a problem.
3) There was nothing to do at the resort after dark, and no restaurant on site, so be prepared to walk to some of the neighboring casinos/resorts to find entertainment or something to eat. This may not be a con for everyone, but I felt it was worth noting.
I would not hesitate to stay at this condo or this resort again if I was looking for a relaxed family vacation. Also want to say that if you do stay at this resort and have a car, do not miss Baby Beach if you have young kids - it was amazing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This listing is only for the units that are managed and operated by Prestige Realty, Inc. The Oceania Deluxe Beachfront Condominium Resort is a new, and currently the only, BEACHFRONT residential condominium resort in Aruba. It is located along the Eagle Beach within the high-activity resort and hotel strip of the island. Each unit at this resort is individually owned and operated. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Oceania Deluxe Beachfront Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Oceania Deluxe Beachfront Resort By Prestige Aruba/Palm - Eagle Beach