The Mill Resort & Suites Aruba
Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$99
Marriott's Aruba Surf Club(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$345
$295
Marriott
$682
$519
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
$117
  • Pool
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$1,299
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
$575
Hotwire.com
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
$292
$234
Hotwire.com
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$435
$228
Hotwire.com
Barcelo Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$610
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Divi Aruba Phoenix Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbeach shuttleshuttle servicehigh rise hotelsmini marthappy hourbeach areanice resortchairsjacuzziriseslizardsnightlifeoranjestadcaribbean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed here with my parents and boyfriend 5 years ago. Before that I, stayed here 8 years ago and boy did this place start to deteriote...

The staff is just lovely I have to admit that, they were ever so friendly and willing to help.I was however disappointed to find out I had been lied to, there is a new rule that you can't put toilet paper into your toilet in the Mill. I asked why this was, and the man who checked us in told us that this was a problem EVERY HOTEL IN THIS AREA (PALM/EAGLE BEACH) had.. When we stayed at the Westin Resort a couple of months later, they told us this was simply not true.

The rooms are okay, just make sure to buy some cleaning gear at the supermarket to get it clean to your liking.
The people staying here are mostly looking for a low budget/high class feeling and it's a shame because this meant whole families getting up at 5AM to put a towel over the 'best pool chair'.

When last summer I was feeling nostalgic, i wanted to grab a bite to eat at the Mill restaurant (we were staying at the Westin across the street this time), so me and three other people went over and ordered some sandwiches.... It was just the saddest thing ever, we had to share one tomato on all four sandwiches, each getting a little part of the tomato?

I have since not returned.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ManishaVaLo
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Forgetting that we were on a Dutch island, I was looking for an old English Brick mill, not a windmill !!! Check in was a little difficult as people checking out had the preference, so we went down town and came back about four hours later when things had calmed down. As we were exchanging one of our Timeshare weeks we were given a renovated room, very clean and modern with small outside patio. The bathroom was also very modern with glass door shower which didn't keep the water from seeping out. The bathroom automatic light system was a little problem: the lights went on everytime some-one passed by ! The room was very quiet until the last night when a family came into an adjacent room and you could hear practically everything that was said. We didn't eat at the hotel, which is not on the beach front, so can't compare prices but one drink we ordered was quite expensive. There is a shuttle which takes you to the beach where you are met by an attentive attendant who spreads your towel (provided by the hotel) on your chair. The beach itself could have been cleaner, lots of cigarette butts and drinking straws thrown in the sand. Not very appetizing. The staff were friendly and smiling. Would probably return but not in the high season!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Patricia I
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Check in at the Mill took about 10 minutes. We got to our room and it was clean and nice, but only one double bed. I called the front desk and about 5 minutes later they bring in a cot. I ask the man for another cot b/c there was four of us. He said he would get us one but really we should only have one. I thought that was odd.

The bathroom was nice however the toilet flushed horrible, you could not put paper in it at all. I never heard of this. I had to call the front desk to unclog it. The Hotel was full so there were no other rooms available. So for our stay, we had to walk down the hall and use the lobby bathroom for a “number 2.” Sorry to be graphic, but readers to be aware.

The pool area was nice, and they had a daily 2 for 1 special happy hour that took place from 5-7. The drinks were good, but the bar tenders were a bit slow. They did not try to hustle, but I never had to wait long which was fine. Day two I would tip $20 with my first drink, then a few bucks if I grabbed a drink or two more. Plus my kids would go up and get “ice ups” which were Philadelphia Water Ice and other drinks. Service sped up for us. LOL, You could always grab a place at the pool, no need to save a space, but some did anyway.

On Easter they had an Easter egg hunt and the hotel appeared to allow locals to participate. There had to be about 50 kids running all around. Only bad part was over the speaker they would announce what the kids needed to do in only Spanish, so we could not understand them. No big deal.
Most guests seemed to be non Americans; the Americans I did meet all had time shares, about 7 families in total. We were the only Americans who were not on the time share program. My guess is if you could pick, you would skip this place.

We did try the breakfast buffet one morning, which was just okay; the selection was about the same as the Divi AI, but not as good. We paid $52 for the four of us.

If this place is all you can afford, dont go, continue to save and pick a better resort.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel. If you must stay here, make sure you pay for a pool side room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank mjl60621
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We booked three rooms through Travelocity for a one night stay before moving to our condo. I had requested a crib in one of the rooms. When I received the confirmation from Travelocity it did not note my request for the crib. They suggested I call the resort. I sent three emails directly to the resort which went unanswered. I than contacted the resort's US rep. She assured me she would follow through. I took it one step further and actually called the resort. The person I spoke with assured me crib would be in room. When we arrived, no crib and reservation person under the impression it was one room for three nights. showed them my confirmation. Still no crib. The matter was finally resolved after several hours of wasted time at the front desk. when I was shown our rooms I immediately asked them to change our room as floor was soaking wet and moisture literally running off the walls. Was told there were no other rooms. Got everyone else settled in their rooms and realized the bedding In our room was damp. Back to front desk, new person on duty. Made security go to our room to check it out. Security actually told front desk the room was inhabitable. Suddenly they found another room (it is now midnight). Noticed that the rooms on either side of the new room not occupied so obviously rooms available . Wait staff in restaurant very friendly, but breakfast buffet is overpriced. Pool looked nice but we did not use it. The rooms have a very strange layout. Basically three adjoining rooms to each block. Their Royal room has the strangest bath arrangement I have ever seen. Big jacuzzi tub in the middle of the room. Odd shower and toilet combo,need to step up into the shower stall. Not at all user friendly if one has mobility issues. Room has a very small balcony. The middle room is sort of a studio with no balconey but does have small kitchen. Third room just an ordinary hotel room with a regular bathroom.
The front desk person was all by herself, answering phone calls, questions from guests, and trying to check people in. We saw a number of staff just sitting around . Seems to me someone could have helped out at the desk. To be fair it should be noted that due to a storm in the northeast some of the guests were unable to leave which I am sure added to the confusion. We have been coming to Aruba for twenty years and have often booked a one night stay prior to moving to our condo. We have never seen a resort that appears to be this disorganized and unhelpful to guests.

Room Tip: If you do stay there insist on the regular hotel room which has more usable floor space, a normal bathroom and a balconey
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Djw34285
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We wanted to enjoy our trip without paying a ton of money and The Mill was a great choice. It's not the fanciest hotel on Aruba, by any means, but the room was large with a huge tub as well as a separate bathroom with shower. Also had a small refrigerator in it which was a big help, and it's own private patio. Our main goal wasn't to hang out in the room so it worked fine for us.

The hotel has a good size pool and a beach bar (which is where you go to get ice for your room - not super convenient but not a huge deal). The hotel is just behind the Westin and it's a very short walk to the beach or they will shuttle you over. Once at the amazing beach they will set up a lounge chair for you in an area used by Mill customers. And you can take your own cooler!

The people at the desk were friendly although when we checked in there was one gentleman there by himself and he was busy helping everyone that walked up, which made our check-in process longer than it should have been. We've had this happen at upscale hotels as well so not a deal-breaker but we were definitely ready to zip through the process and just get to our room! Later trips to the desk were a little easier and faster although I agree with another reviewer - the younger staff seems friendlier.

We would stay there again, definitely - and have heard that next time we should ask for a renovated room. Apparently they are in the process of renovating (not sure if they are still "in process") so some rooms are nicer. We stayed at a different hotel the second part of our trip and preferred The Mill. We are already planning another trip!

Room Tip: Apparently ask for a renovated room - we learned this the day we were checking out.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple