Check in at the Mill took about 10 minutes. We got to our room and it was clean and nice, but only one double bed. I called the front desk and about 5 minutes later they bring in a cot. I ask the man for another cot b/c there was four of us. He said he would get us one but really we should only have one. I thought that was odd.
The bathroom was nice however the toilet flushed horrible, you could not put paper in it at all. I never heard of this. I had to call the front desk to unclog it. The Hotel was full so there were no other rooms available. So for our stay, we had to walk down the hall and use the lobby bathroom for a “number 2.” Sorry to be graphic, but readers to be aware.
The pool area was nice, and they had a daily 2 for 1 special happy hour that took place from 5-7. The drinks were good, but the bar tenders were a bit slow. They did not try to hustle, but I never had to wait long which was fine. Day two I would tip $20 with my first drink, then a few bucks if I grabbed a drink or two more. Plus my kids would go up and get “ice ups” which were Philadelphia Water Ice and other drinks. Service sped up for us. LOL, You could always grab a place at the pool, no need to save a space, but some did anyway.
On Easter they had an Easter egg hunt and the hotel appeared to allow locals to participate. There had to be about 50 kids running all around. Only bad part was over the speaker they would announce what the kids needed to do in only Spanish, so we could not understand them. No big deal.
Most guests seemed to be non Americans; the Americans I did meet all had time shares, about 7 families in total. We were the only Americans who were not on the time share program. My guess is if you could pick, you would skip this place.
We did try the breakfast buffet one morning, which was just okay; the selection was about the same as the Divi AI, but not as good. We paid $52 for the four of us.
If this place is all you can afford, dont go, continue to save and pick a better resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mill Resort & Suites Aruba, a tropical oasis of authentic island hospitality offering comfortable, stylish and fully equipped rooms to accommodate visiting couples and/or families. Conveniently located right across from Aruba's precious Palm Beach. Bon Bini to One Happy Island! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your The Mill Resort & Suites Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mill Resort And Suites
- The Mill Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Mill Resort Aruba
- The Mill Resort & Suites Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach