Having stayed in Aruba 4 times previously, we were aware of The Mill's location, and as we love Aruba, and this was the best deal we could get, we were willing to put up with non water front location. I only had one request, a balcony. We enjoy our balcony for morning coffee and evenings enjoying a nice glass of wine after a day at the beach, however upon check in we were given a horrible ground floor room facing a busy street. If we had left it at that, my review of this resort would have been horrible! This room felt very unsafe, even the exterior was unlit, like an invitation to a robbery. However, we promptly took our suitcases back to the front desk and insisted on a balcony room. We weren't leaving the desk area until we were given something else. Suddenly, a balcony room became available after all! Instead of the run of the mill room (pun intended) we were given a royal suite! Lovely balcony overlooking the pool and bar area. This room had a whirlpool tub in the bedroom, and a separate large walkin shower room with toilet. Double sinks, small refrigerator and coffee maker (although you need to supply your own coffee or tea etc.) toiletries are minimal, and no wash clothes to be seen. (I almost thought I was back in Cuba!) When requesting washcloths at front desk, they were delivered to our room, but each day I had to do so again. The king sized bed was quite comfortable, and the room was kept clean. The bar played fairly quiet Abba type music, which we enjoyed off our balcony, as we ordered their delicious pizza for room service a couple of nights. We did their BBQ supper one night also, and dined outside poolside, and had a very lovely Columbian waitress. They did provide some live music as well that evening. We also sampled their lunch menu one day and they did have happy hour every day or precisely one hour and the bar tender wasn't too motivated, more interested in what was in the tv then serving customers. The pools were relaxing, with plenty of loungers and some shade, although some were reserved with towels, and were never even used. Lizards lounged around the pool by the waterfalls, as well as walking back and forth to the outdoor shower to drink, quite amusing to watch and completely harmless. The access to the beach area was walkable through the Westin, or past the tennis courts, you could o to the Holiday Inn beach, since their towels were practically identical to The Mills, and they have wonderful sunsets and happy hours there, unlike The Mills beach area were they kick you off their loungers to clean up before sunset! The Mills beach area is quite nice though with a gradual, very sandy walk into the water, unlike the drop off at The Holiday Inn. Their is also a platform out in the water that you can swim out o and dive off or sun on. Native Aruban children share their swimming lessons on the same beach as The Mill. The beach attendant is very friendly and happy to set your chairs up in sun or shade and is an expert and putting your towels on them so they won't be blown away by the ever present trade winds. Over all, you get what you pay for, but I will say, our second room was a vast improvement upon what we were first given, and we love Aruba!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mill Resort & Suites Aruba, a tropical oasis of authentic island hospitality offering comfortable, stylish and fully equipped rooms to accommodate visiting couples and/or families. Conveniently located right across from Aruba's precious Palm Beach. Bon Bini to One Happy Island! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, Vacatia, Travelocity, Expedia, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your The Mill Resort & Suites Aruba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mill Resort And Suites
- The Mill Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Mill Resort Aruba
- The Mill Resort & Suites Aruba Palm - Eagle Beach