“absolutely breathtaking!!”

Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
maryland
“absolutely breathtaking!!”
Reviewed August 22, 2010

What a wonderful place to stay. If you see a bad review about this place they need to have there head examined.. Very nice , from the check-in at the front desk to all the staff this place was incredible, we just loved it, My 4th time to aruba and my first time staying at the marriott stellaris.. our room very clean, we were on the 7th floor ocean view which u could not beat. how nice, the maids came in every afternoon to freshin your towels , boy, that was really refreshing also... we ate somewhere different each night, the food on the island is great but you must try to go to la petite cafe between 5-7 they have a dinner special, fantastic.... and don't miss the jolly pirates pirateship, on monday or fridays sunset cruise, 27.00 pp and there's a coupon in the travel book in the lobby for 5.00 off the pirateship, really nice... go and enjoy, we will be back to stay at this hotel hopefully by next year... go and enjoy.. there;s nothing not to love !!

1 Thank challenger59

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,694)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 20, 2010

My husband and I spent our 4th year wedding anniversary in Aruba and we had a great time. It was our first time in Aruba and we had a great time! My husband and I travel to exotic places such as Costa Rica, Bora Bora, Hawaii, etc. and there've never been a place most romantic and comprised of the most friendliest people on earth than Aruba! We thought the Marriott-Stellaris in Aruba would be a couples resort, but it was actually both a family and couples resort. The rooms were clean, spacious and well-kept. The pool was nice and the beach was great...actually, anywhere you go in Aruba the beach is great! We don't gamble, but it had a nice size casino. The only thing I didn't like in our resort was the process of reserving huts by the beach. You had to come to the hut desk by 4pm the prior day to bid for a hut...and of course, if you are late, you either get a hut farthest from the beach or no hut at all...then you end up finding a place under the shade of a tree (but actually, even this wasn't bad, because the staff would usually let you know if there's an open hut somewhere). We also rented a car and it's totally safe to drive in Aruba! The only thing about renting a car through Marriott Stellaris was that there was only one person at the desk and you always had to wait an hour or so for an inquiry. Make sure you book a car one day prior to wanting to use one. The food in Aruba is similar to what we have in the states, everything is convenient and the coffee is imported from Costa Rica so it's great! What I love most about Aruba is the people!!!! So diverse and everyone who comes here from anywhere in the world will fit in! My husband and I will definitely return here next year, and this time will bring the rest of our family along!

1 Thank rollinrolo
Brooklyn
Reviewed August 17, 2010

OK, I have to start by saying I am not an Aruba groupee. There seem to be people who simply love this Island and I am not one of them. That said, I found this hotel more than acceptable. It however did not "wow" me. Let me start with the pluses. The room was large and tastefully decorated. It was also kept very clean. Most the of the staff was smart, multi-lingual and gracious. The grounds are large and there is 24 hour food service and a 24 hour casino. The minuses: the thing I found most annoying was how petty some things felt. For example, there are a ridiculous number of rules for reserving a hut on the beach, and checking out a towel can make one feel as if he/she is a known criminal--eager to steal the faded terry cloth. One towel person practicality wanted finger prints. Others seemed to be more Island about the whole thing. Similarly when checking into the gym, prepare to be scrutinized. One of the attendants was channelling my HS gym teacher as she asked to see my sneakers! The charge for internet service is a hefty $15 US a day; however in the room one is confined to an ethernet cable and the wireless didn't work on the beach; I just checked my mail from the room after that, so I am not sure if it worked any better in the lobby. The pool and beach are very crowded. While the overall property is quite large, there still doesn't seem to be enough space. If I were to go back to Aruba (something I hope to avoid), I would likely stay elsewhere.

1 Thank cuzit
Wylie, Texas
Reviewed August 16, 2010

The friendly people we met from the cab driver Gina, to Frank and Roy at the hotel when we arrived. We had breakfast each morning at La Vista and met Lilibeth our server who is WONDERFUL. No matter where we traveled on the island we encountered wonderful people. If you plan to dive check out Jads. Earnie was our dive master, and i can't say enough. If your not a diver definitly grab some snorkel gear and check out baby beach. If you want to learn about the culture check out the museum in Oranjastad. We enjoyed all of Aruba and now we know why it is called ONE HAPPY ISLAND!!!!!

Bradenton, FL
Reviewed August 16, 2010

My husband and I traveled to Aruba for the fourth time this July. This was our first time to stay at the Marriott (always before we stayed at the Radisson), and we were certainly not disappointed. The employees were all friendly and professional, starting with Gionette at the Front Desk. The bell staff was wonderful; Roy was a pleasure, and all were helpful and friendly. The on-site restaurants are excellent, but Aruba has so many great food establishments that it's hard to choose.

The location of the Marriott is a big plus; it's at the far end of "hotel row," and as such, the beach isn't nearly as crowded as others. It's close to the golf course, which was a convenience for the golfers in the group.

The entire vacation was a pleasure and will long be remembered as one of our favorites.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington NJ
Reviewed August 15, 2010

My wife - who is a 4-time cancer survivor - and I wanted to celebrate our 25th anniversary in a special way. We could not have made a better choice. Everyone we met in Aruba was friendly and service-oriented. The beach and ocean were amazing. Every restaurant we visited exceeded all expectations. We are looking forward to returning next year.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
new york
Reviewed August 14, 2010

We stayed here and loved the hotel. The beach is great . . . quiet, not crowded. Particularly good for families with older children. The beach huts not directly in front of the water were free. The prime location ones were very reasonable - $10 or $15 for the day. The beach was relaxing and very clean (the beaches further into town were much more crowded and had many more younger children). The hotel was very clearn. I would have like a better option for breakfast (buffet at $22 per person, or bagel and coffee in the lobby) but that is always what it is at higher end Marriotts. The lounge chairs at pool were padded and clean and were always available all day long. Rooms were very clean and we had a great ocean view (only on 2nd floor) - but we didn't pay extra for it. The only downside which could also be a plus is the location of the hotel. It is pretty far from town. You need to take a taxi or bus to get into town. The area is so safe though many times we took the public bus. But it is a plus so it isn't overly crowded with lots of young loud people which is relaxing if that is what you are looking for. But plan in a few extra $$ for taxis - $10 each way going into town fo dinner/shopping. There are restaurants at the hotel but after a night or two, heading into town is what you want to do. Nightlife is pretty quiet.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!