Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$435
$228
Brickell Bay Beach Club & Spa(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$99
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
$289
$223
Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$445
Marriott
MVC Eagle Beach(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
$148
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa(Palm - Eagle Beach)
$426
$375
$575
$324
Tropicana Aruba Resort & Casino(Palm - Eagle Beach)(Great Value!)
$117
$94
  • Pool
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
Boardwalk Hotel Aruba(Palm - Eagle Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
6,299 results
All reviewsadult pooltradewinds clubla vistasimply fishtradewinds floorlobby caferuth's chrisnorth towerwalk in closetfamily poolsushi bargelatomain pooltrade windstowel huthappy hourswim up bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 25, 2006

We went to Aruba for a week during my kids' spring break. My kids, ages 6 and 7, were able to survive the 12 hour flight and seemed to be in great spirits when we arrived in Aruba.

Pretty soon, we were on our way to our hotel, the Aruba Marriott Resort and Stellaris Casino. The reviews I read after I booked this hotel were not great so I was kind of worried especially with 2 kids in tow. Situated at the very end of the hotel line, the hotel did not seem very different from the other hotels we’ve been to. A Marriott staff immediately helped us with our baggage and welcomed us with a pink fruit drink concoction which tasted very good. Once we entered the hotel, everything changed. The hotel lobby looked grandiose. The hotel casino was not so loud as mentioned in the review I read. In fact, I thought it was a bit small. There were endless arrays of staff to help the guests with activities. There was also a bar, small café, several restaurants and pastry shop.

As we entered our room, we were immediately impressed with the view. Looking far, we could see the ocean and the beach front amidst the coconut trees. Looking down, the pool looked very inviting. With no time to waste, we immediately changed into our swim suits and headed to the pool.

The pool was a heaven for all of us. The water temperature and depth were perfect. My kids, armed with their noodles, didn’t take long to explore the whole pool and discover the pool bar. Aaah, the pool bar. The pool bar was probably my most favorite part of the hotel. It was happy hour when we got there. What perfect timing! With buy one, take one deals, we ordered 4 drinks. We were starting to love Aruba.

In the mornings, we went to all the touristy places light house, the chapel, the grotto and the national park. We went snorkeling and went to a guided snorkeling trip in one of the buried ships.
In the afternoons, we’d usually be in the pool and stay until happy hour is finished. Then we’d go to the beach, play sand castles and enjoy the sunset and then back to the pool again.
We also saw an iguana by the pool. It sort of freaked me out but the staff said they were harmless. It was just freakishly big, around 2 to 3 feet in length.

The restaurants were good but very expensive. I would recommend dining in the beach front as the view is phenomenal and the music is great. The Marriott staff was very courteous and seemed to be everywhere. They were very attentive to our needs.

Overall, I would not consider this the best hotel I have been to. Considering this is a category 7 under Marriott standards, I thought the JW Marriott in Phuket, Thailand which was Category 5 was far better. It is definitely above average compared to the other hotels I saw within the vicinity and I think Stellaris is the place to stay when you're in Aruba.

Though we all had a blast in Aruba, I would probably not go back soon as I would like to visit the other Caribbean Islands, but Aruba is really a good place to see and experience.

9  Thank Cardinal_Cruiser
Reviewed September 14, 2006

I stayed at the Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino August 28th 2006 to September 5th. This is definately the best resort on the island. The Hyatt is nice, but under construction and the time-share hotels are also very nice. There was one swim-up bar and a medium sized pool with comfy louge chairs. I had a garden view room, becuase I didn't want to pay extra for a pool view room, but that's what I ended up getting. No matter what room type you get, as long as you specify that you want it to be on the interior of the hotel, where the pool is, you will be happy. The only people who got the crappy rooms are the people who had the views of the parking lot which is the exterior of the hotel. The rooms were simple and clean, nothing impressive. Happy hour is at 3 o'clock everyday at the pool. This is when everyone comes back from the beach and gets in the pool and it becomes cloudy, but it is also the only time you can afford the drinks which become 2 for 1 @ $8 a piece. The beach is right out front. You can reserve huts if you want. It's definately the least busy of the beaches, because no one is walking through it trying to get to the other hotels. The Stellaris Casino is the biggest casino on the island. It's a decent size and clean. The italian restaurant, Tuscany, inside the hotel is very expensive, but good. Overall, there isn't much to do in Aruba. A week is plenty of time to spend there on a vacation. Any longer and you will be bored and broke. Everything is very expensive, especially food. Even Wendy's cost $20 for two people to eat! I suggest going off-roading in either a Jeep or an ATC, which the hotel people in the lobby can arrange for you. Downtown restaurants are good i.e. Carlos & Charlies (good nightlife), Mambo Jambo, L.G.Smiths, etc. Also, check out Rage Jewelry downtown. It's inexpensive and has a huge variety of silver and costume jewelry. Sunsets are awesome on the beach. Local restaurants that are good are Tony Roma's, Texas de Brazil and Salt & Pepper. Texas de Brazil was my favorite. They bring you 12 different kinds of meat, fresh off the bone, for one price ($40). Iguanas are eveywhere and they are huge and not afraid of humans. The people at the hotel tell you they are harmless, but when they jump up on your chair and table while you are eating it's a little sketchy. Feel free to email me with any questions or to see any pics :)

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
13  Thank matangela143
Reviewed September 5, 2006

We stayed at this Marriott for our honeymoon the first week in August. It was even better than I had imagined!! Simply Fish restaurant was so romantic! We had dinner there one night and every other night we went there for a drink at sunset. The pool was beautiful and clean and we had no problem getting a seat, even though it was crowded. We didn't spend a whole day on the beach as it was extremely crowded - we preferred the pool since it was convenient and had less people. The service was excellent from check-in to check-out. I can't say enough about this hotel - perfect! We'll definitely be going back soon!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
12  Thank BeanieZ
Reviewed August 20, 2006

The most relaxing vacation ever. The weather everyday was absolutely beautiful. (always a breeze) The hotel was nice, if you are looking for a relaxing quiet hotel, this was definitly the one. When we walked down to the other hotels there was always something loud going on like kareoke, contests, loud music etc. but the mariott was always quiet, and peacefull. The restaurant "Simply Fish" was a wonderful night on the beach at the hotel, definitly recommended. my only complaint was every morning the cleaning people would come to the room and wake us up, so remember to put you "do not disturb" sign on the door before you go to sleep. because if not they come back later in the afternoon like 3-4 pm. we were coming back from the beach at this time and we had to wait to get into our room which was a little annoying. The staff was always nice and wanting to help with anything. I honestly can't complain about anything. definitly 110% recommended.

9  Thank luvtanning
Reviewed August 14, 2006

Hotel: The grounds of the hotel are very beautiful especially the beach. The lobby snack bar had delicious ice cream, coffee, fruit platters, and salads. I highly recommend getting a quick breakfast (coffee, pastry, bagel, etc.) from the lobby snack bar for breakfast. I also picked up lunch from the lobby snack bar and brought it to the beach. The ocean has crystal clear water with baby waves. To get a free palapa, you have to wait in line at 7AM at the Towel Hut by the beach. It’s easy and we were able to get free palapas daily. The room was spacious and I believe that all of the rooms above the second floor have an ocean view. Each room has an empty refrigerator (we went to a supermarket I believe called Hong Ming for beverages, milk for the kids, yogurt, etc.). Also the bathroom, which has a decent size walk in closet, was very spacious.

Things to Do: I highly recommend the Ostrich Farm (it is on the way to the collapsed natural bridge). The tour was very interesting and the tour guide was informative and funny. We also went to the lighthouse and Baby Beach. Baby Beach was nice but the oil refinery spoils the view. We went on a pirate ship called the Jolly Pirates. It was so much fun. I highly recommend the Jolly Pirates snorkeling trip. We went on the 3 hour afternoon snorkeling trip (I recommend that you reserve the trip early – the office is located between the Marriott Surf and Holiday Inn). The staff really loves what they do and it showed. Also, alcoholic drinks are included in the price of the trip.

Renaissance Hotel or the Marriott: We used our Marriott points to stay at the Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino. After seeing the location of the Renaissance, I was glad that we stayed on Palm Beach. I would definitely recommend the Marriott over the Renaissance. (Renaissance was close to many shops but I believe that most people go to Aruba for the spectacular weather and beaches and not shopping but I could be wrong).

Restaurants: We have small children so we have dinner quite early (early bird specials are available at Fishes & More from 5-6:30 and Tango from 5-7). We highly recommend Fishes and More. The food was delicious and the staff (mostly from Holland) was very friendly. We had dinner at Fishes and More twice. Salt and Pepper is next door and good for breakfast or lunch. Tango Argentinean Steak Restaurant was also next to Fishes and More and quite good for dinner. The restaurant by the lighthouse was also good and Iguana Joes in the city was ok. Lagunas (buffet) at the Radisson was ok but it was probably the worst meal that we had on our trip. (FYI, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, Wendy’s, McDs, etc are all located close to the hotel and within a 5 minute drive).

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family