6,722 results
All reviews adult pool la vista tradewinds club simply fish tradewinds floor lobby cafe ruth chris walk in closet north tower family pool gelato sushi bar main pool the trade winds towel hut happy hour swim up bar
Reviewed January 14, 2018

Thoughts on our recent stay:

- Good location, on the far eastern end of Palm Beach. Alot of the restaurants of Palm Beach are walkable on the beach, but you are away from the sometimes too crowded areas.
- Helpful employees, all across the board
- Lots of fun activities on the beach, from ping pong, to pool, to bags.
- A bit crowded on the beach. Lots of folks wait in line for the free palapas.
- The guests....some real beauties. And I say that tongue in cheek. Some of the most self-involved folks I have seen. Felt sorry at times for the staff.
- Enjoyed La Vista for breakfast and lunch.
- The resort really pushes De Palm tours. Do your homework ahead of time and make sure that they are the right fit for you.
- Beware of rooms near the stairs, that open out near the restaurant. We were on a lower floor and each morning at 5am, we heard employees talking. Not their fault at all, but their voices travel. This is in the wing with Ruth Chris. This stairwell is near rooms ending in 61 and 63.
- Walking into the water in front of the hotel the entry in is a little rocky, and with a little bit of a drop off.
- Poolside loungers go fast. People get their towels down very early in the a.m.

Enjoyed it overall. Very clean. Nice setting. Great employees.

5  Thank BoatingFool723
Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

We booked a last minute trip to Aruba New Years week and this hotel was one of the package choices. It turned out great. Our only problem was we asked for 2 queens and only a king was available. But there was room for the pullout sofa (a single) and a cot and still plenty of room to move around (and I was with 2 teenagers). Between this hotel and the Ritz next door there were plenty of places to eat very close by. The palapas were perfect for 3 (4 with 1 sunny seat) and if you go at 7AM or 4PM there are always a limited number of free ones and some in good positions. Also join Marriott rewards and get free WiFi and a small discount.

1  Thank TieKing
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2018

Dear Tieking - Thank you for sharing your experience. I am happy you had a great time with us and enjoyed the amenities offered. I apologize for the issue with the bedding configuration. Given your overall experience, I trust you do give us another opportunity and visit us again. Warm Regards, Leslie Prea - Hotel Manager.

Reviewed January 14, 2018

This is an in-depth review of the Marriott Stellaris Resort and Casino. If you do not wish to read the whole review, please scroll down to the bottom of my review where I will provide you with a quick recap and some final thoughts.

POSITIVES
The Lobby is beautiful, well kept, and modern. A nice Starbucks, sushi bar, and regular bar are all available to grab a quick drink or bite to eat, also doubling as a comfortable social area for the evenings. A few shops including two jewelry stores are also available. An entrance to the Stellaris Casino can also be found.

The Rooms:
The rooms were excellent. They were modern, comfortable, and clean, nicer than some other Marriott properties. The beds were comfortable, and the pillows were also exceptional. A very nice sized flat panel TV is also in every room. A nice sized balcony was available and depending on your view it can be a great place to sit. The bathrooms were excellent. Very large with double sinks, a nice shower, and modern bathroom fixtures. A HUGE walk-in closet will provide you with more than enough space to keep all your personal belongings. A refrigerator was also in the room, which is a lways a nice touch. I believe the hotel was renovated recently, and the Marriott did a great job with the rooms on this property.

The swimming pool and beach were both nice but both had a lot of problems, I will be addressing these in the negatives section. The Resort has a very nice gym that is available 24 hours.

Restaurant Staff:
All waitresses in LaVista, and Jazmin by the pool were excellent. They were very polite and attentive. Jazmin was one of the only servers by the pool and she was excellent. She was very friendly and was a very hard worker. Unfortunately, these were the only staff members at the hotel that lived up to the Marriott name.

Casino:
I do not gamble but I did stop by the Stellaris Casino. I was told by a staff member that it is the largest casino on the island. It was nice and seemed to be a very popular destination in the evenings for guests to enjoy.

Entertainment:
This resort does a great job offering entertainment. A list of activities including yoga, Zumba, and tennis are available throughout the week. An excellent singer performed in the lobby regularly. By the main swimming pool on two of my days visiting they had excellent bands playing music.

NEGATIVES
Doormen:
As soon as I arrived at the hotel I was disappointed. When I got out of my taxi, it took a minute for a doorman to come and help with my family’s bags. When one arrived, he looked miserable and was not friendly at all. He did not welcome us, rather he said in a quiet voice “is this your bag”, then proceeded to put our suitcases on a luggage cart. In the evenings when we walked by, the doormen never bothered saying hello or good evening. The only thing they do is hail a taxi cab.

Front Desk
My checkout experience was good, but checking in was not. I forgot to take down the name of the employee checking us in but he had to be the slowest and quietist person I have ever met. I asked him basic questions about the hotel and he responded quietly and was difficult to hear. I told him it was my first time here and wanted to get some information on the pool, beach, and on property restaurants. He hardly told me anything and did not tell me where anything was. I then asked for a map of the property so I could see where everything was. He did not have any with him and it took him several minutes to go to the back and print one. On the last day of my trip when I was printing our boarding pass a front desk worker was right in front of me and she did not bother looking up from her computer to say hello. Very disappointing to see from a Marriott Resort.

Housekeeping:

Not a lot to complain about. Housekeepers were all friendly and hardworking and the rooms were very clean, however my housekeeper did not clean my sink two of the days and that was a little disappointing.

Pool and Beach:
The pool was nice as well as the beach, but the service was pathetic. A hotel charging $700 USD per night for the cheapest room during the winter should not require guests to set up their own chairs. I have been to Marriott Resort’s all over the world and I never once had to set up a pool or beach chair. The people in the towel hut were rude and lazy. They sat and talked to each other instead of helping guests set up. The pool area was a mess with towels left everywhere and cups from drinks left on the floor. More waitstaff is desperately needed. This is also the first Marriott Resort I have been to that provided no towel or waiter service on the beach. The beach chairs were old and dirty, and the umbrellas were not nice. Such a disappointment.

Concierge:
This is the only Marriott hotel I have been to in the world that did not have a concierge. Instead they consider an outside vendor that sells excursion packages to be the concierge. This outside vendor was not knowledgeable about what was available within walking distance from the hotel and could not tell me the proper price of a taxi. They also did not know where some of the popular restaurants were on the island. Every response I was given was “ I think it’s around here”, or “It might be here but I am not sure”. Total disappointment, this hotel needs to hire a full-time concierge rather than having an excursion company attempt to help guests.

Noise:

DO NOT stay in rooms 30-43 on any of the floors. You will hear the very noisy lobby clearly in your room making it difficult if you need to go to sleep early. Very poor design for a hotel.

RECAP AND FINAL THOUGHTS

If you are not a Marriott rewards member I would suggest looking at some of the other hotels on the island such as the Hyatt or the Hilton. If you are a Marriott rewards member and are traveling with family, I suggest staying at the Vacation Club. They offer one and two-bedroom suites and each room has a full kitchen. The Vacation Club also has a nice pool and is right next door to the Marriott, so you can enjoy the lobby, restaurants, and live music that they offer. If you are traveling as a couple or with older kids I recommend spending the extra money and staying at the Ritz-Carlton. That hotel is beautiful, and I am sure the service at the Ritz-Carlton would be much better than the Marriott. I would not recommend the Marriott Stellaris Resort and Casino as I was displeased with the service (especially by the pool and beach), and because often the Vacation club can be found with cheaper rates, and if you book a room at the right time the Ritz- Carlton is only slightly more expensive. Keep in mind that all three properties are right next to each other, so you have plenty of restaurant to choose from. Enjoy Aruba! It is a beautiful island.

Room tip: Do not stay in rooms 30-43 on any of the floors. You can hear the very loud lobby.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
9  Thank AM2844
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Dear AM 2844 - Thank you for sharing this detailed review. Thank you for the compliments about the facilities, the main Lobby being modern and welcoming, a great gym, the rooms comfortable, clean and spacious. I also thank you for the positive comments for the staff members, especially Jasmin and the la Vista team. Please allow me to apologize for the service experience you endured at the front desk, the doormen , the beach staff and the concierge. Be assured that we are addressing these concerns with our leadership team. I sincerely trust that you do consider giving us another opportunity, as we continue to improve our guest experiences. We are always available to our guests to ensure they have a great vacation experience. Warm Regards, Leslie Prea - Hotel Manager.

Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

Lovely property. Excellent/friendly staff. Tradewinds club had good food and great service. Palapas were great for relaxing by the beach.
Rented a car but driving around the island can be a bit confusing.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Sdht18 - Thank you for this wonderful review. I am glad that you enjoyed your vacation with us. We look forward to hosting you again. Warm Regards, Leslie Prea - Hotel manager.

Reviewed January 13, 2018

My husband & I visited this property for 14 days.(Dec.2-16/2017 weather was beautiful and the people are friendly and go out of their way to make your stay wonderful. We signed up for Tradewinds amminities and that was a great thing for us as It was easy and gave us time to enjoy the weather (82f with a nice breeze each day) If asked, we think we picked the best resort on the Island the room staff on the 7th floor kept our space very clean each day. As this was our first trip to Aruba and to this Marriott we needed some help from Yuan upon check in and as a result later had the privilege of meeting Melinda who is great and knows her job very well. We spend the days by the water and Hermina and Sylvia made us feel so very much at home. Marriott has some of the best employees we have met on our many trips south. I walked each day on the beach and felt very safe. We enjoyed meeting a cab driver/owner named Tommy taxi # 53, excellent driver and clean car and excellent knowledge of the island. Might add the drinking water in Aruba is very good which is a big deal to us. All and all a very nice trip. Heather&Paul

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank heather j

Dear heather j - Thank you for sharing this fantastic review. I am delighted to read you had a wonderful experience and enjoyed the Tradewinds Club. Your compliments about the staff being friendly and attentive is appreciated. I will certainly share your praises with Melinda, Hermina and Sylvia. Please come and visit us again. Warm Regards, Leslie Prea - Hotel Manager.