“Still the best hotel in Aruba!”

Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

I've been coming to Aruba for over ten years. I stayed at multiple properties years ago and then my family and I stuck with the Marriott. Aside from the beautiful grounds and accommodations, the service here is just impeccable. Thank you to Verna, Gabriel, Hennel, and amazing pool and front desk staff for making our trip so wonderful!! Year after year, we love coming to Aruba and staying at the Marriott.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank travelgirl6877
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear Travelgirl6877

I was in a meeting with Verna yesterday and you should have seen the smile on her face when she saw your review, priceless! Thank you so much for making her day. I will make a point today to go and see Gabriel & Hennel so that they also get a copy of your lovely comments, I am sure there will be more smiles.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We spent 2 weeks at the Marriot Resort from 6/22-7/6. I would like to commend two of the staff members on their outstanding customer service! Keith in the La Vista restaurant always treated us as if we were his "table" although he was only our server once in seven dinners. Meribel who is a housekeeper on the 7th floor made our little girl's trip extra special. She was NOT our housekeeper on this vacation, but remembered us from our stay 2 years ago!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Michelle C
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear Michelle

You are right about Keith and Meribel, they are excellent at what they do. I will be sure to thank them for you and share your review, it will make their day. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your return visit to our resort and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

The hotel was extremely clean, and the rooms, though you won't spend much time in them, are roomy and comfortable. We were within walking distance to more than enough shopping, restaurants, and nightlife to keep us entertained for our quick three night trip, but far enough away that even with the balcony door open, all you could hear at night was the cascading water in the pool waterfalls. The pool and beach were never too crowded to find a couple of chairs, and we had no problem getting floats to drift around in the roped off swimming area. But I was most impressed by the quality of service we received.

Six months into deployment my ship pulled into Aruba for a port visit. My wife and I were able to arrange to spend a few nights together there. My wife arrived at the hotel before I did and during the check in process it came up that we had been apart for six months. The hotel provided us with a room upgrade and a few little extras, giving us a beautiful view of the ocean from the top floor. The service was excellent from there on out. Every member of the staff, from the receptionist to the bartenders to housekeeping, was attentive and friendly. I could not have asked for a better vacation, except that I wish it would have lasted a little longer!

Due to the price of drinks and food on the hotel premises, I do recommend making the trip to a grocery store or supermarket on the way from the airport, especially if you are staying for more than a few days, just to stock up on some snacks and liquor for convenience.

Room Tip: Choose a room with an ocean view for a beautiful sunset/moonrise, not to mention the swaying palms a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank cookjt

Dear Cookjt

I am glad you got to spend a few days with your wide while you were in port, six months away is a long time so it is nice to hear that the resort team made it special for you both. You mentioned many of our departments, and I have to say I am lucky to work with such a great team. I will make a point of sharing your review in our daily newsletter as our associates will love to read your kind words. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Erna is one of the personal concierge ladies on the Tradewinds Club floor who deserves this special shout out for all she did for us during our short stay the first week of this past May. The facility is absolutely beautiful and everything was wonderful, Especially Erna!

When you check in to the Tradewinds Club, a personal concierge checks you in while you sit comfortably and enjoy champagne and fresh fruits. In our case we had Erna. Erna asked a lot of questions about us and the reasons for our stay, any special occasions, like anniversary or birthday etc, which we just considered pleasant small talk. She ensured we had the king bed room we wanted with the pool/ocean view we wanted.

When my bag didn't make it to Aruba with us and I had absolutely nothing in the way of clothes, Erna directed me to a shopping center, where she shops for her family, so I could find what I needed without paying resort prices. This was of course after she told me about the shops within the hotel property... Then when I had trouble with Delta delivering my bag to the hotel, Erna got on the phone with the Delta rep to get it resolved.

Then two days into our trip, much to our surprise, a bottle of champagne and a chocolate cake were delivered to our room acknowledging the birthday and anniversary that Erna had casually asked us about during our check in.

All in all, we had a wonderful time everywhere on the property and in Aruba in general. All of the staff we met were friendly and pleasant and the upgrade to the Tradewinds Club was a good value for the money.

Lastly, Hermina, who works in the Tradewinds Club towel hut, also made our stay very pleasant and was very accommodating with Palapas when we did not get an early start. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Bob

Yes indeed Erna & Hermina Rock! I will make sure to swing by and pass along your wonderful comments. Hopefully we will get to host you again soon.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Hello Fellow Traveller~ We can't say enough about this property. Year after year, our experience only improves. The hotel has a wonderful ambiance, with an outstanding staff, from check in to check out. Our accommodations are always current in decor, and extremely clean. Marriott just has a way of making your vacation a memorable one. Management certainly knows what they are doing in true Marriott fashion. You can spend as little as you want on dining, or as much without leaving the hotel. Full up amenities. We specifically love the lounge area also offering a sushi menu.
It is our hope to continue our visits to this island and specifically this hotel. Go check it out; you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Partial view works great, and a bit less expensive
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank val m

Dear Val

Thank you so much for recognizing our team’s efforts, they really do try hard to constantly improve our resort. We have made some great improvements in the last few years, with the Adult pool proving very popular. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Aruba Marriott Resort in early May and it was Amazing! Aruba is beautiful and the staff at the Marriott are all wonderful. They do everything they can to help you truly enjoy your vacation. We upgraded to the TradeWinds club to get more of an "all inclusive" feel. It was FABULOUS!! I would highly recommend it. We stayed on the 8th floor, which is only open to other TradeWinds guests. You get breakfast, lunch and a light dinner. Dinner was always enough that we never had to eat anywhere else. You are welcome to get drinks from the lounge all day - originally we were thinking it would just be water, soda,etc. but were pleasantly surprised that it also had beer! We were able to grab a few from the fridge and bring them to the beach and we were set all day! With the TradeWinds club, you also get your own section of huts at the beach just to the right side of everyone staying on lower floors. Just as a warning though - you will have to get up early and reserve a hut. Thankfully my husband is an early riser and would wander out to reserve one at 6:30 and we always had a decent view up front. Watch out for Hermina on the beach - She's the happiest girl on the island and loves to sneak up on you with ice cold rags dipped in eucalyptus salt. :) Overall this resort is amazing - everyone we talked to were repeat visitors, which I think says a lot. We would definitely go back. Aruba is a beautiful island and really is One Happy Island.

Room Tip: TradeWinds! You won't regret it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Brianne H
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Brianne

Thanks for your fabulous review, what a way to start my Monday, reading your lovely comments. It sounds like you really enjoyed our Tradewinds lounge; sometimes it is nice to treat yourself to a bit of adult luxury. I will be sure to share your review with our Tradewinds team, they will be thrilled. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed fourteen nights in Aruba and the hotel staff were excellent and the service the very best. We stayed in the North Wing and Ann the housekeeper was excellent and when my partner was I'll went above and beyond the call of duty to look after her.

I stay in hotels all over the world and the Marriott in Aruba is the very best. Thank you all for a fabulous stay and looking forward to going back in January.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good but the best views are from the rooms overlooking the pool area
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank davidrI6858TH

Dear David

I have to agree with you that Ann is excellent at what she does. After we spoke in the lobby before you left I made a point of visiting her and passed along your comments. She was thrilled. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort in the new year.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#14 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Barcelo Aruba
Barcelo Aruba
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!