“Excellent experience”

Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Forest Hills, New York
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

Beverly at the front desk greeted us with a big smile and a bigger welcome. When we saw her throughout the week, she always inquired as to how we were enjoying our stay. We felt like we had a friend at the resort in case we needed anything, but the excellent staff anticipated our every need. Beautiful, clean room with balcony made our stay extremely enjoyable.Great beach, great pools, great restaurants. This is vacationing done right!

2 Thank Joanne S
ArubaMarriottResort, Guest Relations Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Joanne,

Thank you for your kind review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. It sounds like you had a blast on your vacation and certainly made the most of the resort. You mentioned Beverly who is one of our superstars. We will be sure to personally thank ther and pass along your great comments. Again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

The Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,653)
Butler, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

We just returned from the Marriott Aruba resort (Stellaris casino) - important to distinguish because the other Marriott properties on the island are different - even though connected.

First of all the island of Aruba is beautiful. We were scheduled for Cancun but made a last minute change because of bad weather in Cancun - I am a Marriott gold member and they could not have made the switch easier, even though it was the day before we were supposed to leave so kudos to Marriott for taking care of me.

The resort itself is very nice and the beach it is on (Palm) is absolutely gorgeous. Quiet beach, nice calm waters so great for young kids (mine are in college)

In general the service at the hotel was friendly and good. Few to call out - the guys working the pool bar were not good, they couldn't wait to close down each day - one day my son went over 15 minutes before closing and they told him it was too difficult to make a frozen drink so he should have something else. Until I went over and asked what was up they were giving him a hard time. The same guys told me they were closed the first day when I went over for a drink, in hindsight it was also before 5 - note to Marriott your pool bar employees are throwing away revenue and upsetting paying customers because they don't want to work past 5. Not a great impression

Had a great experience at the main bar with the two gents working late at night (Daniel I believe was his name, told me he was the youngest bartender working at the Marriott). Complete gentleman, my wife and I returned from a night out right at closing time - he told me we had another minute so set us up with drinks and then chatted with us while he was cleaning up. Great guy, great conversation which we enjoyed very much, one of the highlight interactions we had with someone from the resort. He will remember, he convinced us that our teens sons behavior was a "phase" and we should cut him some slack :)

The folks at the front desk were also awesome, always helpful and took great care of every request.

The biggest complaint I had was how the pool and beach chairs/umbrellas are handled. I know this is a common issue at resorts but I have to say i may not return to this location for this reason alone. As you may have heard the sun in Aruba is very strong. As someone who can't be in the sun it was way too hard and expensive to find shade. At both pools there are limited chairs in the shade, at the adult pool I saw multiple chairs being "held" by the pool attendant for people that never showed up as far as I could see. Sat there for hours trying to hide from the sun while shade chairs were wasted - never found out the magic formula but it really upset me. On the beach there are thatched huts that provide great shade but are also a conundrum. The first day i was told that they cost $75 but you got a $50 credit for food. I later found out if you spent $50 on food they lowered the price to $25, not quite the same thing. As noted above the various Marriott resorts are different - if you try and rent a hut at the Marriott next door you are told that you cant. So one day the Marriott i was at had no huts available, and the one next door had 20 available but I couldn't rent one- incredibly frustrating for someone who has spent a lot of money with Marriott.

Again I know this is a common problem at resorts but have to say the way it was managed at this location will probably keep me from coming back because it is impossible to sit in that sun all day. The Marriott needs to get more places to be in the shade or better manage what they have.

In closing, was overall a great trip - the annoyances were not bad except for the pool/beach stuff - nice resort, beautiful beach and good service

Room Tip: May of the rooms are partial ocean view. If you get partial overlooking the pool it is much nicer th...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Tom H
Dear Tom,

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Thank you for acknowledging our associates at the Lobby Bar and front desk with in particular Daniel. You mentioned the beach palapa’s, and we have to say that it certainly is difficult for all of the major beach hotels to manage this area, all of Aruba’s beautiful beaches are public, and as such the number of palapa’s we have is not regulated by the hotel. We do feel that we offer a very fair approach to getting a palapa, which allows some to be given out in the morning for the next day, some in the afternoon and some at a small price. Of course the system is not perfect, and not everyone may get a palapa every day during peak season. Recognizing this we did add an additional pool last year, which has become very popular with our adult guests. We are looking into adding more options for shade and enhancing our guest beach experience. We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Thanks for reviewing our resort

The Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Team.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

This was my first time visiting Aruba and I brought my mom and sister here as a gift for mother's day for a week. We arrived 30 mins prior to 4 and I noticed they are firm about their 4pm check in because I noticed quite a few groups waiting for 4pm as well but we didn't have long to wait. I stayed in room 462 which had a partial side view of the beach which was fine for us since we didn't spend that much time in the room anyway. I think if you had a room in odd numbers you would face the beach and any floor 4 and up is great. Balconies are very close to each other. The room was nice except for our AC leaking and running water down the wall also we had a bad coffee machine. It flooded the tray it was on but they also replaced that and cleaned the mess. The location is on the Northern most tip of the island and a bit far from everything but I guess walking is do-able(not at night though, not that many street lights), we saw people doing that, but we rented a car. Having a car really came in hand for trips to the local supermarket. Eating out became costly. My favorite restaurant on the shore line of the beach is the Pelican, it's right past the Jolly Pirate ship. Juan Carlos was the best waiter ever and the $4 drinks for happy hour 4-6 everyday was a plus. Back to the Marriot I loved the days the pool had live music. The band really rocked. I can't recall the name though. Beware of the iguanas. They don't bother you but they're everywhere. Like most places in the Caribbean, they walk around like people :) The casino was better in the day time when most of the crowd was out because at night the smoke from cigarettes became to much to bare. My mom won $300 on our last night on the penny machines from spending $5. All in all a great trip. Will return. Oh there's free Wi-Fi internet in the lobby which is also a plus.

Room Tip: Request a room fourth floor or higher and in the odd numbers for beach view. I stayed in room 462 an...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank D. M
Dear D M,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. You mentioned some points that we can use to work on. You are right about the band at the poolbar. They are a big hit with our guests. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the complimentary wifi. The resort has now wifi connection everywhere including the beach and pool areas. We look forward to welcome you in the near future.

kind regards,

the Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino team
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

As the title states, this is my third trip to Aruba because it is absolutely my favorite place to visit! The previous times I've visited, I've stayed at the Westin which I absolutely loved but it is now closed for renovation, so I decided to go with the Marriott. Upon arrival, the girl at check in asked us if we were celebrating anything, and we were celebrating my boyfriend just graduating from medical school. In reading some other reviews I saw that people who were celebrating any type of occasion usually were given a little gift, whether it be champagne or whatever, for their celebrations. We didn't receive anything, which was totally fine, not a complaint at all, just wondering why she asked then. I also had asked for a room upgrade, willing to pay the fee of $50/night and was told there wasn't anything available but that she gave us a room with a better view than originally booked. In fact, we were on the second floor in the corner of the resort and did not have a view really at all. You could see the corner of the adult pool, but not much else. We were also over some type of trash area of the hotel and sometimes it smelled on the balcony. Other than that, the room was fine. The pools were very nice with good access to the beach. Food and drink at the hotel are expensive and there are cheaper options close by. I'm not saying that it's bad, it's just very pricy to eat/drink on the resort. A five minute walk to moomba beach for a $12.95 quality breakfast buffet is much better than paying $24 at la vista (which is outrageous by the way). $7 for a local beer versus $4.50 at moomba as well. The casino is just like you'd expect in the states, and who goes to Aruba for casinos anyway? While generally friendly, the people posted up by the elevators do become slightly annoying. I don't want to be asked every single time if I'm interested in a presentation. Never dealt with that at the Westin. Overall, the Marriott was very nice as well as the staff extremely courteous. I will definitely return to Aruba, but will explore options for my next stay.

Room Tip: Upgrade your room if you want a decent view. Also, being right off the elevator is very noisy.
Dear Lia,

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Thank you for acknowledging our associates for their service. It is something we take pride in. You did mention some points and this feedback will certainly help us.

The Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Team.
Sewell, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

This was our 5th stay at the Marriott Stellaris within the past 8 years and that should be enough said! Starting off with a great breakfast at La Vista with excellent service and smiles from Alexis and Liza. They made our morning vacation time enjoyable.

Of course it wouldn't be a vacation without "happy hour" at the pool and beach bar with Franklin and Brian tending the bar. These guys are peas in a pod and go together like Laurel and Hardy. Very funny, entertaining, and make excellent caiparinas. Just watching them work together was great. kudos to these gentlemen!

One more thank you to Reshma Paryani for making us very happy with a beautiful ocean front room.

Frank & Linda Bodoni

Room Tip: Stay at the Marriott you can't go wrong!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Bodoni,

Thank you for your kind review of the resort, it is much appreciated. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your 5th time at the resort. Thank you for acknowledging Brian and Franklin of the Pool Bar and Reshma at the Front Desk. We look forward to see you back soon.

the Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino team

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed in the Tradewinds section and we were so glad we did. The rooms are great and so is the view. The food in the Tradewinds lounge was good and plentiful. I was actually surprised at how great the food was at nightly appetizer hour. The service was excellent. We never had a problem finding spots by the pool, even shaded ones. We were reminded that it is the slow season and you really could tell – the hotel seemed fairly empty. We ate at the restaurant on the beach and it was really good. I would recommend it; the experience was a memorable one.

The first half of our trip we stayed at the Hyatt Regency. We enjoyed the Marriott so much more. The location of the hotel isn’t as convenient as the Hyatt but we didn’t mind the extra hike to get to where the action was at. Should we return to Aruba, I would return to this resort.

Room Tip: Tradewinds was great!
Dear Jenstewie,

Thank you for your review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. It sounds like you really enjoyed our Tradewinds lounge; sometimes it is nice to treat yourself to a bit of adult luxury.
Simply Fish is one of our best kept secrets! Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino team
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

This was my 3rd trip to Aruba and was my first time staying at the Marriott. The staff at this hotel was great. I’ve stayed at many resorts/hotels globally and the staff at this resort is among the top. A couple of examples: My check-in was delayed 30 minutes and they provided us a $50 resort credit, we were celebrating my wife’s birthday, her graduation from grad school, and mother’s day and they provided us nice treats and a bottle of champagne each night of our stay, and whenever we had any other request the staff was very attentive and prompt. A special thank you to Verna who made sure my pre-arrival requests were in place.

The only practice that I was not a fan of was the reserving of the beach huts but I understand this is probably the only way to ensure everyone has a fair opportunity to get one at some point during their vacation.

The new lobby is great and the lobby café is great for breakfast and afternoon treats. The beach is awesome and the rooms were spacious, modern and clean. Overall, a great stay at the Marriott and I would highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Beach Lover

Thanks for staying with us again this year, it is very much appreciated. It sounds like you and your family had a blast with us and that all the celebrations were enjoyed. You mentioned Verna, who I have to agree is wonderful, I just showed her your review and she was thrilled. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Matt

Matt Knights, Hotel Manager, Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,750 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,863 reviews
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,204 reviews
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,367 reviews
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!