“Wonderful Marriott Property with Great Service!”

Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Marriott Property with Great Service!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My wife and I just returned from 5 nights...happy that we were able to get out of Boston without storm delays to enjoy the break. This was our second Aruba visit, having stayed at Bucuti 3 years ago. For us, we found staying in Palm Beach area was more convenient, as so many off-site food/drink options are walking distance. Hotel itself is nicely situated, rooms very spacious, double-vanity baths, good-size balconies and walk-in closet. Housekeeping did a nice job, as well.

A common complaint (probably for most hotels there) is the palapa policy, which I probably don't need to repeat here. Most people need some shade due to the hot sun, but my view is it's a bit demanding to expect a hotel with over 400 rooms to provide palapas for all. My reco is to pay for 1 or 2 days (small price in context of total trip); but also look at either of the pools as options. Splitting the day also worked for us...pool for a bit in am, then found open palapa late afternoon. Now as you may have read, people are reserving their pool lounge chairs with towels early each morning (a bit annoying), but there are plenty of lounge chairs on beach where you can set up any time of day (just without the shade protection of a palapa). And the beach isn't quite as crowded as some places on Palm Beach.

Beach staff was reasonably available for service and food/drinks were excellent. 2 happy hrs (12-1 and 3-4pm).We found breakfast most days at the Lobby Cafe, which offered good quality, though pricing is high. Service staff were excellent, very friendly and helpful. Nora (I think) at Lobby Cafe was especially nice as well as Robert on the beach.

Overall, there weren't many things for hotel to really improve upon, but a couple of minor suggestions for hotel management...not sure if true in all rooms, but our room safe was in the floor, requiring us to get down on knees to see clearly and access. Also the balcony had 2 chairs and a table...a lounge chair would be nice and would fit. We did see them on some other balconies. And re the palapas, one thought that might be worth testing is half-day palapa reservations (8-1 and 1-6). There's a lot of non-use time in those 9 hrs at beach. It might require more staffing at towel hut, but it's a testable idea. Just reduce pricing for pre-reserved ones to reflect change.

You won't go wrong at this property...highly recommend it.

Room Tip: For ocean view category, you want to be as high and close to beach as possible. Hotel does offer ...
4 Thank Miketheworldtraveler
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Mike

Thank you for your wonderful review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. I have to say that you have given me some great ideas, and I will take a serious look at your suggestions, one of them is already in the works. We have just purchased a number of safes that will fit nicely in a draw, so not to sit on the closet floor anymore. You also commented on Nora & Robert, who are both stellar associates, and I will be sure to personally pass along your great comments. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Matt Knights, Hotel Manager, Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,680)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stay at this hotel twice a year. The more we stay here, the more we can't wait to return! The property is beautiful, on the beach and near all the shopping and restaurants on Palm Beach. The rooms are lovely! But, what I love most, is the staff! They will do anything to make your stay the best ever! The staff at the reception desk are so friendly, from Nicole to manager Marielle, you can see that they like what they do! Even the housekeeping staff greets you every day! It feels like my home away from home!

Room Tip: We prefer the South Tower.
3 Thank Mimi1951
Dear Mimi

Thank you for your lovely review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. I am happy to hear that we are one of your favorite hotels; surprisingly it is also one of my favorite hotels (yes I know I am a little bit biased). You mentioned Nicole & Marielle who are both superstars. I will be sure to swing by the front desk today to thank them for you. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Returned last week from our annual Aruba trip. 17 years at the Marriott complex. The hotel Tradewinds option is a great deal. Food, drink, quiet beach, great views, outstanding lounge staff, concierges and the incomparable Hermione at the beach. The opening of the Ritz Carlton next door has resulted in the tradewinds raising their game. We looked at the Ritz and could not see any reason to change our plans. After reading reviews of the Ritz, we were glad we did. We see many of the same guests year after year and that says something very positive about the value. Our only negatives, if they are negative, are the need to repair and rethatch the beach palapas, upgrade some room carpets, and upgrade the fitness center weight lifting equipment.

1 Thank ghs1
Dear Ghs

Thank you for your great review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. It sounds like you really enjoyed our Tradewinds lounge; sometimes it is nice to treat yourself to a bit of adult luxury. You also commented on the carpets and fitness center equipment, and I am happy to tell you that we are working on a number of palapas this month, the weights machine is being taken care of, and our year round carpet replacement program is in full swing. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

nyc
Reviewed February 19, 2014

it was my first time traveling with my daughter and my 3 best friends. we had a double bed room with a balcony. the hotel is very big and many entrance to walk in. it has a couple of stores on one side of the hotel with clothing perfume etc very expensive. the pool area was great not kiddy friendly but it was beautiful it has an all adult area which no kids was allowed and it was very quiet. we walked to the strip which had many restaurants of all kinds from italian and mexican etc. the walk from the hotel is about 2 long blocks. the local foods are very expensive and not cultural i was eating lots of french fries and italian and mexican food, i did not find authentic aruban foods. fyi ask the hotel to give info on going to there near by island its a tour and all you can eat and drink breakfast and lunch for 70.00 and it has a water park for the kids which was awsome for my daughter. the weather in aruba was awsom everyday we were there windy at night but great overall

Room Tip: i would recommend a ocean view room, my room faced the pool area and a little view of the beach. a h...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JRO2117
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear RP1117

Thank you for your kind review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. I am happy to hear you all had a great time in Aruba. It sounds like you enjoyed De Palm Island on the tour, I sometimes take my kids there as well, and they love the play area and there is also a great snorkeling spot on the island. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our 1 week vacation at the Marriott Stellaris. What struck us was the incredible courteous and friendly staff - always acknowledging guests with smiles and pleasant comments. On Valentine's day ladies received a rose :) The room was spacious with a nice sitting area , good sized closet with a safe and a washroom with plenty of counter space and a drawer and shelf under the sink to place toiletries. Balconies were a good size , as well. We ate at Simply Fish twice ! , La vista for brunch and dinner and most breakfasts at the lobby cafe. All food was plentiful and delicious. Gelati at lobby cafe is oh so yummy. Other restaurants are only a short walk away and you can take the golf cart , courtesy of Marriott, to the end of the 3 properties. For runners and walkers, there is a path on the beach. We have no challenges with getting lounge chairs by the pool or palapas on the beach. Although all staff were awesome, we thank Bibi at the lobby cafe for starting us off in the morning with her smile and service and to Max , room service, who when finding out it was out last day went out of his way to do something nice for us.

1 Thank donnaab_12
Dear Donnaab

Thank you for your kind review of our resort, it is very much appreciated, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your comment on Simply Fish, as it is one of my favorite spots on the island. You really can’t beat dining with your toes in the sand. You also mentioned Bibi & Max, who are fantastic at what they do, and I will be sure to personally pass along your comments to them, they will be thrilled. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We just returned last Friday from a 6 day stay at the Marriott Aruba, our 4th time in Aruba and our 3rd time at the Marriott Stellaris. We were upgraded to a suite (not sure why) but that was a pleasant surprise. From the courteous and cheerful staff to the waiters at the restaurants (La Vista, Lobby Cafe, Simply Fish) to the perfect weather and beautiful surroundings, there is nothing to complain about.
For those with complaints, you should be ashamed of yourself! A perfect beach, clear, blue and warm ocean water, great service, smiles everywhere. Barbarita cleaned our room and did a great job. Check in was smooth and very pleasant and although we arrived early, way before check in time, we got into our room within the hour. Our kids had arranged a welcoming platter and a paid reservation at Simply Fish and all that with thank you notes attached, arrived perfectly timed as well.

We travel quite a bit to mostly new places but we find ourselves going back to this hotel each year because we know what we will be getting in terms of the weather , service and amenities.
I can sit on that beach all day because of the ever present gentle breeze.
Highly recommend a stay here!

3 Thank Bakie86
Dear Bakie

Thank you for your lovely review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. Thank you also for returning again this year, your loyalty is also appreciated. Although it is really hard for us to upgrade our loyal guests as we typically have sold all the higher level rooms, if we do have availability on the day of arrival we do try our best to do upgrades. I am happy that this time we were able to make it happen for you. You mentioned Barbarita, who is a superstar, and I will be sure to pass by today to thank her for you. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Had a 5 night stay at the Marriott courtesy of my husband's "President's Club" with 32 other guests. We had an "all-inclusive" package, which meant food and beverages were included. We had to wear a bracelet (no big deal) but there were "restrictions" on what was considered included. For example, certain premium beverages were included, but at the restaurant "Simply Fish" the local bottled water was not! Strange! It also seemed that the prices for food and drink were increased due to our "all-inclusive" bracelets. (perhaps to up the "service charge" (tip) which was automatically added?) For example, four strawberry daiquiris (made "stiff" which was recommended) was $96!! Granted, we personally didn't pay that much, but I can't imagine how much it would cost staying there without an all-inclusive package! Rooms were clean but nothing out of the ordinary. The Spa was lovely, but again, very pricey considering we had basic Swedish massages. Service was good, although not outstanding. Food at La Vista (the buffet) was standard resort fare--not bad but certainly not 5 star. The Simply Fish restaurant was a wonderful experience--eating on the beach with your toes in the sand at sunset can't be beat--and the fish dishes were fresh and tasty. We enjoyed our stay at the Radisson 3 years ago just a tad more--perhaps because it was more centrally located whereas the Marriott is at the end of the high-rise area. Aruba is a wonderful destination, no matter which hotel you choose!

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking both the ocean and the pool--a corner suite would be ideal
1 Thank maniacsrus
Dear Maniacsrus,

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away from the hotel today so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. You also mentioned some points where we need to work on, and this feedback will certainly help us. Once he is back he will go through your kind comments with the team.

The Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Team.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!