“Great resort”

Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We loved our stay at the Marriott. We were there with a large group and had the best time. The room was a great size and had everything you needed. I liked the walk in closet with plenty of hangers (the little things). Housekeeping (Nuris) was great and our room was always stocked and clean. The pool area was fun and beautiful. My fav place was the beach though. Loved spending the days out there. I really enjoyed the Caribbean Lovers Ritual at the spa. Just beware that they tack on a 20% service fee. I was told when I made our reservation, but was told it included the tip, but when leaving I luckily asked and the tip wasn't included so I was able to add one. So the 20% service fee went to what? Not exactly sure since I was already paying for a service. Lol. I go to lots of spas....20% to sit by a water fountain while waiting for my service seems a tad silly. The bar in the lobby is nice and lively in the evenings. The casino is fun. The sushi bar......well, for being so close to the ocean was disappointing. I say skip that, but everything else is good. I'm not a fan of buffets at all and their buffet breakfast was very good. I could have not had the timeshare sales calls waking me on my vacation, but that only happened the one time luckily. Everyone at the resort is super friendly, staff and guests. Aruba is my new favorite island.....and it certainly is a happy one!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear Mamalinzi

Thank you for your great review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. I am happy to hear you liked our rooms, as you mentioned they are a really nice size and the walk in closet is handy. You mentioned Nuris, who I agree is an absolute superstar. I am sorry however to hear that you did not enjoy our Sushi, I will be sure to review this with our culinary team. I will also pass along your feedback on the Spa to the owners of the Spa as they will appreciate receiving your compliments and concerns. Again thank you for your review it is very much appreciated.

Matt Knights, Hotel Manager, Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,653)
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

I arrived Friday and got in at around 3 pm. The airport was nice. Everything was organized. Last minute I booked this hotel, hoping I won't be disappointed. Romea checked me in. I had asked for a nicer room since I got it last minute and no I got the second floor garden view. The room is big. For a solo traveler it's very nice. The bathroom is huge. I have my bathrobe and slippers which is very nice.
I was at the beach by 5 pm and saw the most beautiful sunset. Then I went to the lobby bar where I met the nicest bartender and wait staff. Jayna and Marites. Jayna attended to me with professionalism and pleasant. Marites was very accommodating and welcomed me. I had the Aruba Ariba drink and the mojito. Good job Jayna.
Next morning, I went early and got the lounge chair closer to the beach. It rained a couple of times but only for 5 minutes and then a beautiful rainbow showed up and after that it was sunshine all the way. I met Arsenio and Phoebe, Isabelo and Hermina, lovely employees. They are the big assets especially by the beach. Stayed at the beach all day. I have been to other Caribbean beaches and I am very impressed with the way they treat their guests.

I went to the beach bar and there I met more wonderful and friendly staff. Had the salad with Grouper. I recommend it. Delicious, fresh and big portion. Then had more Aruba Ariba, bushwhacker, and more. There I met Randolph who greeted me with a nice smile and asked me if everything was alright. He was very professional. Also met Jose. At the bar, I met Blanca, Jason, Carlos, Omar, Buddy, they have all been very nice, I highly recommend this hotel.
The only thing I noticed that needs attention was that when I was in the casino, there was a waiter that was a bit rude, he would ask the other customers if the want some drinks but passes me by and not ask me. I did not get a chance to get his name. Even the waitresses, they don't smile, making an impression that they don't like their job. I won a little bit :).

Well, I know that I will be booking my return to Aruba next year!!

5 Stars for The Marriott Aruba Resort and Stellaris Casino!!!

Thank you for a short and wonderful memories.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank maritez
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Maritez

Thank you for your kind review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. It sounds like your 2 nights with us was just what you were looking for, sometimes you just need to take a short break away. You commented on a whole bunch of our wonderful associates, and I will be sure to personally thank them for you. They will be thrilled to read your review. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

New Rochelle, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Make sure to lounge at the Adult Pool (Happy Hour deals)! They have two great bartenders Jason Tromp & Christian Todaro. We will be returning to the Marriott next year!!! The location is amazing and the Casino is worth playing at night.

Dear John

Thank you for your lovely review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. I am glad that you enjoyed our adult pool; it really is a tranquil spot and a perfect place to spend your vacation. You also commented on Jason & Christian who really are true professionals, and I know they will be thrilled with your lovely comments. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Aurora, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

The marriott didn't disappoint again. As always the staff was helpful and courteous at this marriott like all the others. The rooms, common areas, lobby, restaurants, pool, and beach were all very well kept. The palapas are difficult to reserve but if you are motivated you can get up at 6:30 and wait in line you can reserve one for up to three days. We never did that and never got the best palapa but usually could grab one. If not, there are palm trees on the beach, just drab a few lounge chairs under the shade of the palm tree and enjoy. Overall a great hotel to stay at on Aruba.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brad H
Dear Brad

Thank you for your great review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. It sounds like you had a lovely stay with us, and that you were able to totally relax on the beach. The soft white sand and warm ocean are a great combination. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

We just checked in here. After paying extra for a delux ocean view room on the tradewinds floor. our "delux ocean view room" is a normal hotel room that looks out over the courtyard with the main pool. I guess you can see the ocean if you stand on our balcony and turn to the side, but it's also very noisy in our room since you can also hear all the pool noise reflected off the other buildings. The room is pretty standard, nothing special. I've stayed in the same room at other mariotts around the world for 1/3 the price if that.

The tradewinds club seems like it will be ok, but they didn't tell us until we got here that all the restaurants on the island are booked up for the entire time we are here, including the ones at the hotel. So despite paying a fortune to stay here in this "delux" room with a special concierge, we can't even get a reservation for new years eve at the restaurants in the hotel and are scrambling to find somewhere to eat the rest of the week as well. If I'd been told that I definitely would not have even considered coming here, and the prices they charge are outrageous when you consider that there isn't really much special about the rooms, you're paying hundreds of dollars a day for a few beers and bottled water.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Hale S
Dear Hale

Thank you for reaching out to us so that we can resolve your concerns. We are truly sorry that your experience with us is not up to par, and we do want to make sure the rest of your vacation is exceptional. At the time of writing this response we have spoken with you are taking the necessary measures to ensure you enjoy your stay with us. Again, we are genuinely sorry that your vacation did not start very well, but will make sure that you do enjoy your time with us.

Thanks

The Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Team
Danbury, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

Year after year our stay at the Stellaris just gets better and better.....From Roy whom first greets you to Kim at the front desk, the entire restaurant staff and the ladies at the foyer Snack bar ( their smiles in the morning are as good as the coffee) The "adult only" pool area staff make you comfortable and go out of their way for any request. Food is awesome and priced reasonably for Aruba.This is a MUST stay for anyone coming to the island.

Room Tip: 5th floor.......odd #'s, on the adult pool side anything past 509
1 Thank Michael T
Dear Michael

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away from the hotel today so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. Once he is back he will go through your kind comments with the team.

The Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Team.
Rockport, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

We signed up for the Trade Winds Package and it's definitely worth it! This package is only the 8th floor and gives you great service and special privileges.
We had a room on the west facing side of the building and had beautiful sunsets every night!

Also..... The Trade Winds gives you special areas to lounge on the beach.... We had a wonderful lady named, Hermina! She helped us everyday!! She had our paloppa set up for us and brought us ice cold towels and water.... AND a big smile, everyday!! . She was a delight!! We look forward to seeing her again next year!

Room Tip: Most rooms have a great view.... But a higher floor gives better ocean view! West side gives great...
2 Thank DeniseJMyers
Dear Denise

The Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Team.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,752 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,864 reviews
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,205 reviews
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,370 reviews
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!