“Best vacation resort”

Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My wife and I (seniors) just returned from this resort on Palm Beach. We stayed for ten days.
The accommodations were terrific. Our room had a garden view overlooking both the pool and the ocean. Overall the staff was extremely friendly and helpful, but we want to call special attention to our house maid, YoKasta. We looked forward to going back to our room after spending the day at the adult pool to see what decorative surprise she had left for us.

Room Tip: Our room was chosen for us by one of the hotel desk staff up check in. It worked for us.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Savyconsumer

Thank you for your kind review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. I am glad that you enjoyed our resort, and it sounds like Yokasta looked after you well. She is certainly one of our superstars, and I will be sure to personally thank her for you. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

There are newer reviews for Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Just came back from a great vacation in this wonderful hotel!
Everything was perfect, especially the service we received from the Tradewinds Club staff.
Erma, taking care of us in the lounge, and Herminia with her brilliant service on the beach club made of our stay a memory that will be with us forever.

If travelling with no kids, the upgrade to the Tradewinds Club is a must, every dollar you pay over a normal room reservation is compensated with an all inclusive experience second to none!

Thanks to all the staff for such a great service!

Surely we will be back pretty soon!

André

Room Tip: Tradewinds club highly recommended!
1  Thank Andre H

Dear Andre

Thank you for your great review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. I am glad that that you enjoyed our Tradewinds club, it is always nice to add that little touch of adult luxury to your vacation. You also commented on Erna & Herminia who really are true professionals, and I know they will be thrilled with your lovely comments. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We loved the location. Taxis are cheap so you can go to the Plaza for a few bucks. We had a great view of the pool and ocean for the garden view price. Pool bartenders make a mean Mojito. Check out happy hours.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank nsnac
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Nsnac

Thank you for your kind review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. You mentioned our associates in your review title, and you are so right. The staff really do make this resort what it is. I am extremely lucky to work with such a great team, as they certainly make my job easy. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at Marriott Resort in Aruba at least 8 or 9 times over the past 20 years. We love this hotel for many reasons. Originally, 20 years ago, we booked at the Hyatt and found our room which was described as " with balcony" had a 1 foot balcony you couldn't even walk out on much less put a chair on. We checked out the same day and went to the Marriott and have been back on every trip to Aruba since. The Marriott rooms are updated and clean. The beach is beautiful and has the prettiest water anywhere. There are multiple pools (including an adults only pool) and always plenty of lounge chairs. Beach service is great and attentive.

We stay on the Tradewinds floor and found that Margaret and Maria always were willing to help us with restaurant reservations, suggestions on things to do, printing our boarding passes, etc. The Tradewinds floor is nice as my husband and I like to eat out for dinner, but having breakfast and lunch everyday as a part of your stay is really convenient. The menu is varied enough to not make it boring.

The casino at the Marriott is always lively (some of the other casinos on the island are slow and a bit depressing). The restaurants are great and there are an abundance of choices. Additionally, the hotel is a cab ride away from everything (which isn't unique to the Marriott since the island is only about 17 miles long) so there is never an issue going shopping, to see the sites or to restaurants outside the hotel.

Room Tip: Now that the Ritz is complete, all of the rooms are pretty good. For awhile, the construction from...
1  Thank AJLFL

Dear AJLFL

Thank you for your lovely review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. It sounds like you really enjoyed our Tradewinds lounge again; sometimes it is nice to treat yourself to a bit of adult luxury. You also commented on Margaret & Maria who really are true professionals, and I know they will be thrilled with your lovely comments. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Have stayed here many times and love it! You can't find a better beach!
At this resort, it's all about the outside. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable but it's the beach and pool that count. Make sure you understand the "chair reservation" situation on the beach. We didn't care about being right on the ocean, so we just went with the flow. The tennis facilities are decent, and we had a great time in the morning clinics. I love the privacy of this hotel because it is at the "end" of the beach. (The new Ritz will open soon....but that shouldn't change much)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank demsgirl

Dear Demsgirl

Thank you for your lovely review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. You mentioned the beach, and you are right it is hard to find a better beach. Soft sand, warm waters, Priceless. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Check-in was great Kim @ the front desk has outstanding customer service this hotel needs more people like her! Thank you Kim for the champagne! Now onto the issues went to our rooms one was ready and one was not that was fine even though we gave them notice of an early check-in!
The mini fridge did not work was told someone would be there in15 minutes 45 minutes later I called to let them know no one showed and I was leaving the room I was told the service tech was 1 minute away he showed up 7 minutes later!!
When we woke up and I was talking to the girls I found out that the adjoining room the shower does not drain. Really if the cleaning people had cleaned this would they have missed this important part! The third day of the trip the mini fridge stopped working again and they left no wash cloths! Two more days here but I think this says enough! Melinda the front desk manager was extremely rude!!

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Beechlover1232

Dear Beechlover

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel, however I am sorry that we missed the mark in a number of areas for you. Even though comments like this are tough to read, it is very good feedback which I can use with our team. It does sound however, that Kim was a superstar for you, and I will be sure to pass along your great comment about the champagne she sent to you. Again, thank you for your review, it is very much appreciated.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We back to the Marriott Aruba from 11/21 - 11/24/13. It was awesome again... Front desk with Reshma was outstanding and Julie-Ann in reservations made sure it was all set as we requested before even arriving. The island is awesome and location perfect, but the people at this resort are what make it the top of most any I have stayed at in the world. They are ready to make sure you have what need for great, relaxing vacation and ready to be a friend as well. We look forward to each visit to see how they all are doing and spend a bit of time with each to catch up.
Giovani, Franklin, Brian and Alix at the bars are wizards and make it a blast to hang out each day and the excellent drinks help as well. Again our housekeeper Anicasia kept our room in top shape.
We did stay this visit 2 nights at the new Ritz next door, was nice but back the Marriott for me.
We plan to visit again in the early spring.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great... only the lower rooms on Ritz side are less desirable but still ok. Not a...
2  Thank vincent e

Dear Vicent

Thank you for your lovely review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. I am happy to hear that you once again enjoyed our resort. You mentioned Julie-Anne, Reshma, Giovani, Franklin, Brian, Alix and Anicasia, who are all stunning at what they do. I will be sure to personally pop by and see each of them to pass along your great note. You are right when you say that it is the people that make the resort. I am truly lucky to work with such a great bunch. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#14 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!