We booked here thinking it was connected to the Surf Club, which is super kid friendly etc. The way it seemed online made us think that while they weren't physically connected, we could still go to the Surf Club since we were staying at the Marriott - not the case. This hotel is really not kid friendly and since we were traveling with our 2 year old, it wasn't a good fit. I think the hotel might be a good fit for couples or those traveling on business. The food prices here are very high though so I would recommend going the all-inclusive route instead. We have stayed at the Divi before and would have stayed there again but it was literally all booked.
Pros: Nice beach front and ideal location for being a little away from the action if you are looking for a more relaxing vacation. The breakfast buffet is fine but they don't change it at all from day to day. We also had an evening buffet there as well - which was alright but pretty pricey.
Cons: Not family friendly, expensive for what you get, 'ocean views' are not really such given the way the hotel is set up - if you are in a room at a certain angle you get a sliver of ocean from your room. The hut system they have is insane in my mind and a huge waste of time.
Essentially we weren't happy and wouldn't stay here again. A few tips I have about Aruba in general though:
-Rent a car before arriving and they will meet you at the airport and then meet you there upon your return to get the car. We went with Wheels2Go and we were super happy with them - $180 for an entire week of car rental, which is a great deal especially bc Aruba is very safe to drive in and explore so you'll want to use the car.
-Good places to eat are Flying Fishbone, Barefoot Flipflop, and Madame Janette. We have tried other places but those are our favs. Book your reservations before your trip and if you go to a place that offers beachfront make your reservation at least 1/2 hr before sunset is scheduled. So we would go at 5:30pm and then the sun sets at 6:15p...this is important because you want to get nice sunset pictures and once it's down, it's down for the night!
-Explore the island on your own! If you rent a car you can be on your own timetable and have some fun.
-Shopping downtown is fun and they have a new trolley that runs from 10am-5pm. Now keep in mind it's "island time" so when we went one day for the 10am trolley it came at 10:35, no joke.
-We have purchased numerous diamonds while in Aruba - Noble jewelers is the only place I trust there
Have a great time - I'm open to answer questions or help with trip stuff if you private message me your questions. Bon Bini!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on Palm Beach, our Aruba getaway is essential to your alluring Aruba vacation. Enjoy comfort and relaxing Aruba accommodations featuring the resort, adult exclusive pool, and the exclusive Tradewinds Club - an upscale hotel-within-a-hotel concept on the top floor of this Aruba resort. Savor in the upgraded amenities, five daily dining presentations in the private lounge, a member-only beach area, and full access to the Tradewinds Concierge Service ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, TravelUp, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriott Aruba Resort And Stellaris Casino
- Marriott Aruba Hotel Stellaris
- Marriott Palm/Eagle Beach
- Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Palm - Eagle Beach