“Excellent choice in Aruba”

Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Panama City, Panama
“Excellent choice in Aruba”
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is well located at the end, or beginning, of Palm Beach in Aruba. The property is part of all the marriott complex, The brand new Ritz Carlton, the Aruba Marriott resort and Stellaris Casino, and two Marriott Grand Vacation Club, one is Huge.
The staff at the front desk is professional but a bit cold, in spite of advised that I will arrive early and I am a Marriott Rewards Gold Member, We have to wait our room for one hour.
We had lunch but after the inbound flight, we want to unpack and enjoy the beach.
Property is very clean, organized and full of employes everywhere. They have a 24 hs coffee shop at the lobby, lobby Cafe, a Ruth Chris Steak house, la vista with excellent buffet breakfast, USD 25.00, excellent value for money. They have a pizza oven too and very good food choices. They also have team buffet, the best is the Saturdays one with filet and lobster. Waves beach bar & grill with excellent choices for lunch too and on night time became Simply fish, one of the best food experience I had and deserve a separate review. There is a sushi bar at the lobby, a Champions Restaurant and a pool bar at the adults one. There is happy hour from 12:00 to 1:00 PM and from 3:00 to 5:00, good chaise to have your drink and save a few bucks on them.
Pools are great, clean, with cascades and jacuzzi. The adults one ate great and private, with Bali beds and great lounges.
The beach is the best I had saw in the area, clean wide and not so crowds as the other resorts. There are a lot of Palapas that you can have paying a fee of 25.00/day for the first row, 20.00 for the second, 15.00 for the third but they have some free ones on the early morning, at 7:00 and on the afternoon for the next day at 4:30.
Quality of beverages and food are excellent and service superb.
The room is very comfortable, with balcony, a good barroom with walk in closet and a cozy bed. Linens and amenities are great.
If you wish to upgrade your stay, you can add the Tradewings club, with breakfast, lunch, beverages and hors d'ouvre. I'd did not took it because we had some tours and doesn't made any sense to took it but if you wish to stay full at the resort do it.
Excellent hotel, location and beach, I will definitely back there.

Stayed November 2013
3 Thank MarioPTY
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Mario

Thank you for your kind review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. It sounds like you really enjoyed all areas of our resort, thank you also for commenting on Simply Fish, it is one of my favorite restaurants, there is something special about dining with your toes in the sand. I love it! I am sorry to hear that your check in experience was just professional but nothing more, I will be sure to talk with the team on this as we should be showing the love a little bit more when you arrive. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Matt Knights, Hotel Manager, Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,692)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 11, 2013

we stayed at this hotel in Nov 2 - 5, we had a great room, very clean, the staff were extremely helpful and on top of everything.

We ate dinner at Simply Fish in the hotel and it was a very romantic dinner with great food,

would highly reccomend the whole experience

Room Tip: get an ocean view room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gary s
Dear Gary

Thank you for your kind review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. Thank you also for commenting on Simply Fish, it is one of my favorite restaurants, there is something special about dining with your toes in the sand. I love it! Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Highland, California
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We booked this hotel because my wife and I have always wanted to stay in Aruba and wanted a nice place to stay for our 20th Anniversary. I'll have to say the hotel is nice, the staff was also nice but we weren't treated like it was our 20th Anniversary. The first time we stayed in New York I told the hotel it was our first time there and they gave us a corner room with a view of Times Square. This time I PAID good money to have a view of the ocean on the Tradewinds floor and we were given a side view with a huge generator or A/C unit nearby so it wasn't relaxing to sit on the balcony. (noise was nonstop). So much for hooking us up for selecting them for our 20th Anniversary. At least we got chocolates on our bed at night. LOL. This brings me to my main issue: I had $120 dollars in $20 bills in my wallet one day, I was rushing out the door to the beach one day and instead of putting the $120 in my safe (where my other money was locked away), I stuffed it in my drawer underneath all our socks and underwear. Well, needless to say, when we returned later that day I went to look for the money and it wasn't there. I thought I'd use the benefit of the doubt and not say anything until I was positive it was gone (bad mistake). I looked high and low and after checking everything while we were packing a couple of days later, I realized it had to have been stolen by the maid/maids. I went down and checked out and told the desk person. She was very shocked and seemed concerned and went and told the manager. The manager never came out but she said someone from loss prevention would come and make a report. After 10 minutes someone came and made a report and was questioning me like I was making it up. Basically, since I didn't report it right away. I told him I know since it's cash that it probably can't get tracked anyways but I thought they should know about it. He said he would email me shortly about his findings. That was over two weeks ago and I have heard 'NOTHING'. I even fill out the 'survey' that Marriott sent me and I haven't heard anything back about that complaint either. So, the moral of the story is: always use the safe, even if you're in a hurry. LOL.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mike A
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Mike

Thank you for taking the time to write your review, I am however disappointed that you did not enjoy your vacation with us as in your guest feedback survey you rated the hotel 10 out of 10. However our lack of follow up after your stay has obviously impacted this. I would like to discuss with you your concerns in regards to the lost money, as I missed the mark in not responding to your recent survey quick enough, and I am very sorry for that as you should have received a quicker response while you were here with us and after you checked out. I will look into what happened and touch base with you directly this week. Of course I cannot comment on what happened, however it is worth noting for future guests that there are many Trip advisor reviews that complement the honesty and integrity of our team. Once I have investigated this issue I will be in touch directly.

Atlanta
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We just got back from a stay at the Marriott Aruba Resort during the first week of November 2013. I'll jump right the point and will try not to repeat too much of what has already been said. I'm gearing this review towards the families with small children like us.

LaVista is $25 pp, except on Sunday's when it's $36 for brunch. Free for kids 5 and under.
Super Food grocery store is a $9 cab ride away and serves breakfast all day. We had breakfast for 3 (including eggs, bacon, toast, just, croissant) for less than $15. Cab ride back to the hotel is $11 if you have groceries.
Although Aruba is a Dutch island, there are very close ties to Venezuela (because it's proximity). The Venezuelan cultural affairs dept sponsors a 15 to 20 minute show (dancing) every Sat at approximately 8pm in the Paseo Herencia Mall. It's decent entertainment.
The bus ride downtown has gone up to $2.30 one way, but still the cheapest way.

The hotel itself is pretty nice, as most other reviewers have commented. The adult only pool on the south side of the hotel looks like an outdoor spa and is very inviting. They offer yoga and step classes in the fitness center, but in all the years we've been, i don't think i've seen anyone doing either of these. Your teen can go to the fitness center with you if you prefer.

From what i understand, they've brought the Kid's Club back for $35/day. I'm sure someone will correct me if that's wrong. We didn't use it because we didn't find out about it until our last day. They definitely have kid's activities (face painting, scavenger hunts, etc), which still allows mom and dad to spend some alone time, at least for a couple of hours.

Construction for the Ritz next door is pretty much complete. We did see workers using heavy equipment to plant trees and groom the beach.

Hope this helps someone.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank bogie27
Dear Bogie

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away from the hotel week so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. Once he is back he will go through your kind comments with the team.

White Plains, New York
Reviewed November 7, 2013

standard marriott, far end of the highrise hotels.
not as close to the shops & resturants like the others:
hyatt, radisson, riu, etc
quick taxi or bus will get you near everyhting in 5mins.
HATE having to reserve a beach spot/shade and will never go back again
because of this 'system".
Has an adult pool, quiet, except for private party functions at night.
spent $75.00 for 2 for a buffett breakfast.
I think this is pricey, do the math if your staiying a week

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Karen

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away from the hotel today so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. You mentioned the beach palapa’s, and we have to say that it certainly is difficult for all of the major beach hotels to manage this area, all of Aruba’s beautiful beaches are public, and as such the number of palapa’s we have are not regulated by the hotel. We do feel that we offer a very fair approach to getting a palapa, which allows some to be given out in the morning for the next day, some in the afternoon and some at a small price. Of course the system is not perfect, and not everyone may get a palapa every day during peak season. This is the approach that most of the hotels on Aruba take. Recognizing this we did add an additional pool last year, which has become very popular without adult guests. Once he is back he will go through your kind comments and feedback with the team.

Thanks for reviewing our resort

Mitchellville, Maryland
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I must say my first time in Aruba was great. I traveled with one of my friends for a "Girls Getaway". I will definitely stay again at this hotel. As a Marriott Rewards member they took care of me from registration, onward, Reshma specifically took care of me. I noticed the service she provided the couple of ahead of me and I just thought it was because the couple was celebrating their honeymoon, but she gave me the same great service if not better. Hours after my registration she forgot to give me a slip that provides me a gift for the Casino and when I came back down she had it on the the top of the counter to remind her that she needed to give it to me. Anytime I would come back to the desk she was such a pleasure and even remembered when I was departing. THANK YOU RESHMA.

Can I say the Oceanview room was so worth it. You know when you go on vacation you don't plan to spend to much time in the room, but walking into a room with an immediate view is the Ocean, there is nothing better, Room 528.

We pretty much were beach bums, so don't forget to get up by 6:45 am to stand in line to reserve a hut on the beach. The personnel arrive at 7 am, but by the time they arrive it is like 10 people ahead of you. Being there prior or at 7, you will probably get 2-4 rows from the beach and it is worth it. You can actually enjoy some quiet time on the beach and the beach goers were not that loud. And noon-1 pm and 3 pm-5 pm it is Happy Hour, 2 for 1 drinks. Drinks are great and the food is not too shabby.

The breakfast buffet at the hotel is worth the $25 per person rate. The wait staff is so gracious and accommodating. Don't forget to get the smoothie, delicious.

Beware of the birds, if you drop a crumb while eating, whether it is by the pool, at the Vista for breakfast or on the beach, the little birdies will be there.

Room Tip: The rooms were pretty quiet, we stayed on the 5th floor in the corner on the South side. Excellent...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank TAMARA W
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Tamara,

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away on vacation this so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. You mentioned the beach palapa’s, and we have to say that it certainly is difficult for all of the major beach hotels to manage this area, all of Aruba’s beautiful beach’s are public, and as such the number of palapa’s we have is not regulated by the hotel. We do feel that we offer a very fair approach to getting a palapa, which allows some to be given out in the morning for the next day, some in the afternoon and some at a small price. Of course the system is not perfect, and not everyone may get a palapa every day during peak season. Recognizing this we did add an additional pool last year, which has become very popular with out adult guests. Once he is back he will go through your kind comments and feedback with the team.

Thanks for reviewing our resort

waretown
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I stay at the Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino four times per year, and 10 nights each stay. We have travelled extensively ,and been to almost all of the Islands. We have
not been able to find a Resort that comes even close to the Marriott Aruba.

The Marriott is on the best part of palm beach. The sunsets every evening on the beach.The Hotel has two wonderful pools,Seven great restaurants including Ruth's Chris and Simply Fish (The Best beach restaurant on the Island),a good Spa,and the largest and best Casino in Aruba.

We choose to spend 1/9th of the year at this resort because of all these amenities ,and it's
greatest asset (The warm and friendly staff ). The management at this resort has instilled a
team approach to assure customer satisfaction. Every employee smiles and asks if there is anything you need.You will become friends quickly with them, and leave the Island wishing to
give them some recognition. There are three people who made our last stay exceptional. Please know that I could ,and have recognized dozens more.

During the day the Waves restaurant has Chef Loter. We came to know him as I asked for
a special sauce with my grouper (This is presented in a Sandwich or over a salad. FANTASTIC!!) He found out we would be there almost every day, and he made it a point to ask if my meal was to my satisfaction. The meal and his attention were special to us.

The waves has a very warm,friendly,and professional waitress by the name of Aimee. She will make sure your meal is prepared to your liking ,and will serve you at a pace based on your needs . It is always wonderful to have someone care so much about your meal and service!

At night the Waves restaurant becomes the romantic Simply Fish. Chef Louis is a Chef without peer. He prepares specialty dishes that are superb. He is very visible,and will make sure your dining experience is memorable. He is also open to special requests of meal preparation.
Chef Louis makes Simply Fish the best Beach Restaurant in Aruba

There are so many people that will make your stay enjoyable.We will be returning soon,and
hope you can enjoy for yourselves this truly remarkable resort.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mandrew524
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotelmanager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Mandrew,

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away on vacation this week so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. Once he is back he will go through your kind comments with the team.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!