“nice hotel”

Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
White Plains, New York
“nice hotel”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

standard marriott, far end of the highrise hotels.
not as close to the shops & resturants like the others:
hyatt, radisson, riu, etc
quick taxi or bus will get you near everyhting in 5mins.
HATE having to reserve a beach spot/shade and will never go back again
because of this 'system".
Has an adult pool, quiet, except for private party functions at night.
spent $75.00 for 2 for a buffett breakfast.
I think this is pricey, do the math if your staiying a week

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Karen

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away from the hotel today so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. You mentioned the beach palapa’s, and we have to say that it certainly is difficult for all of the major beach hotels to manage this area, all of Aruba’s beautiful beaches are public, and as such the number of palapa’s we have are not regulated by the hotel. We do feel that we offer a very fair approach to getting a palapa, which allows some to be given out in the morning for the next day, some in the afternoon and some at a small price. Of course the system is not perfect, and not everyone may get a palapa every day during peak season. This is the approach that most of the hotels on Aruba take. Recognizing this we did add an additional pool last year, which has become very popular without adult guests. Once he is back he will go through your kind comments and feedback with the team.

Thanks for reviewing our resort

The Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,670)
Mitchellville, Maryland
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I must say my first time in Aruba was great. I traveled with one of my friends for a "Girls Getaway". I will definitely stay again at this hotel. As a Marriott Rewards member they took care of me from registration, onward, Reshma specifically took care of me. I noticed the service she provided the couple of ahead of me and I just thought it was because the couple was celebrating their honeymoon, but she gave me the same great service if not better. Hours after my registration she forgot to give me a slip that provides me a gift for the Casino and when I came back down she had it on the the top of the counter to remind her that she needed to give it to me. Anytime I would come back to the desk she was such a pleasure and even remembered when I was departing. THANK YOU RESHMA.

Can I say the Oceanview room was so worth it. You know when you go on vacation you don't plan to spend to much time in the room, but walking into a room with an immediate view is the Ocean, there is nothing better, Room 528.

We pretty much were beach bums, so don't forget to get up by 6:45 am to stand in line to reserve a hut on the beach. The personnel arrive at 7 am, but by the time they arrive it is like 10 people ahead of you. Being there prior or at 7, you will probably get 2-4 rows from the beach and it is worth it. You can actually enjoy some quiet time on the beach and the beach goers were not that loud. And noon-1 pm and 3 pm-5 pm it is Happy Hour, 2 for 1 drinks. Drinks are great and the food is not too shabby.

The breakfast buffet at the hotel is worth the $25 per person rate. The wait staff is so gracious and accommodating. Don't forget to get the smoothie, delicious.

Beware of the birds, if you drop a crumb while eating, whether it is by the pool, at the Vista for breakfast or on the beach, the little birdies will be there.

Room Tip: The rooms were pretty quiet, we stayed on the 5th floor in the corner on the South side. Excellent...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank TAMARA W
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Tamara,

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away on vacation this so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. You mentioned the beach palapa’s, and we have to say that it certainly is difficult for all of the major beach hotels to manage this area, all of Aruba’s beautiful beach’s are public, and as such the number of palapa’s we have is not regulated by the hotel. We do feel that we offer a very fair approach to getting a palapa, which allows some to be given out in the morning for the next day, some in the afternoon and some at a small price. Of course the system is not perfect, and not everyone may get a palapa every day during peak season. Recognizing this we did add an additional pool last year, which has become very popular with out adult guests. Once he is back he will go through your kind comments and feedback with the team.

Thanks for reviewing our resort

waretown
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I stay at the Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino four times per year, and 10 nights each stay. We have travelled extensively ,and been to almost all of the Islands. We have
not been able to find a Resort that comes even close to the Marriott Aruba.

The Marriott is on the best part of palm beach. The sunsets every evening on the beach.The Hotel has two wonderful pools,Seven great restaurants including Ruth's Chris and Simply Fish (The Best beach restaurant on the Island),a good Spa,and the largest and best Casino in Aruba.

We choose to spend 1/9th of the year at this resort because of all these amenities ,and it's
greatest asset (The warm and friendly staff ). The management at this resort has instilled a
team approach to assure customer satisfaction. Every employee smiles and asks if there is anything you need.You will become friends quickly with them, and leave the Island wishing to
give them some recognition. There are three people who made our last stay exceptional. Please know that I could ,and have recognized dozens more.

During the day the Waves restaurant has Chef Loter. We came to know him as I asked for
a special sauce with my grouper (This is presented in a Sandwich or over a salad. FANTASTIC!!) He found out we would be there almost every day, and he made it a point to ask if my meal was to my satisfaction. The meal and his attention were special to us.

The waves has a very warm,friendly,and professional waitress by the name of Aimee. She will make sure your meal is prepared to your liking ,and will serve you at a pace based on your needs . It is always wonderful to have someone care so much about your meal and service!

At night the Waves restaurant becomes the romantic Simply Fish. Chef Louis is a Chef without peer. He prepares specialty dishes that are superb. He is very visible,and will make sure your dining experience is memorable. He is also open to special requests of meal preparation.
Chef Louis makes Simply Fish the best Beach Restaurant in Aruba

There are so many people that will make your stay enjoyable.We will be returning soon,and
hope you can enjoy for yourselves this truly remarkable resort.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mandrew524
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotelmanager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Mandrew,

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away on vacation this week so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. Once he is back he will go through your kind comments with the team.

New York City, New York
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My husband and I are checking out tomorrow after a 4 night stay to celebrate our anniversary. We are on the Tradewinds floor. They put us in a room with 2 double beds which I thought was odd as I booked the room as a couple. The Tradewinds concierge, Margaret, told us we had to specifically request a room with a king bed. She offered to move us to a room with one king bed the following day but we decided it was not worth the hassle of switching rooms. When I mentioned that we were in town to celebrate our anniversary she made a note and told us she would "make it up to us". Not sure what she meant by that as we are checking out tomorrow and nothing noteworthy was done for us. The room is ok, some paint chipping in certain places but the view is nice. The Tradewinds lounge offers breakfast, lunch and happy hour appetizers. We didn't make breakfast but we did have the lunch. Nothing special just an assortment of sandwiches and a salad bar every day. Happy hour food was a bit more interesting. Tradewinds has a special section of the beach. Good luck trying to get a waiter on the beach. Took more than an hour to flag him down. Definitely faster to go to the beach bar yourself. Tradewinds is supposed to be about service but frankly it doesn't seem to be worth it. Beach service is limited at best. The food options in the lounge are limited. When I requested a late checkout today I was as told by the Tradewinds concierge that I would have to check back in the morning. My husband called the front desk 5 hours later and was told that the request was already noted and approved. Would have been nice to be informed of that by the Tradewinds staff. As a Marriott rewards members we got some free phone calls to the US. Unfortunately service in this hotel is not up to par with other Marriott hotels we have stayed at. Not sure the Tradewinds upgrade is worth it. Next time might try the Hyatt.

1 Thank ElaineSchackRod
Dear Elaine,

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away on vacation this week, so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. We are sorry that we missed the mark during your stay, this is certainly not the vacation experience that we pride ourselves on. You mentioned a few points that we need to work on, and this feedback will help us. Once he is back he will go through your comments and feedback with the team.

Thanks

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Let's talk about my experience with this hotel.
Day one: as soon as I reached the hotel , we went of course straight to the room, it was a long day trip from São Paulo to aruba and the reservation was for a premium oceano view....fantastic vacations I thought.....Reaching the room I discovered that premium view does have a different meaning depending from who get it....for me , What I have received was a partial view.... For the hotel it was THE premium. Anyway.... After some high levei conversations we could reach an agreement....but the room change could be done only a day after.....and the hotel promised to give me a discount for the day I have stayed at the partial view room. As informed by the hotel the new room would be available by 2 Pm ....great...
Day two: we repack our luggage and left it available to be collected by the hotel crew... Around one thirty we came back to the room to feed our 11 months baby....by two o'clock the hotel crew knock the door informing that we would change rooms at that moment....Great....everything was running as agreed I thought....so we did not start feeding the baby at the former room....bad mistake.... I thought that before sending someone to a room someone from the hotel check previously if the room is empty....surprise!!!.... We reached to the room at the same time the previous guest did and he said clearly that he have informed the front desk early in the morning that he would stay longer at the hotel....unless one aditional hour.... So, imagine the situation, a door bell with your luggage, plus your family, including a 11 months baby going back and forward because someone forgot to check the room first....honestly, this situation could be aceptable if not having a baby .... Mistakes happens.... But having a baby involved , and considering that the hotel knew about the baby, this situation is unaceptable!!! We have decided then to come back to the swimming pool, feed our baby trying to relax....around five, since the baby bath time was approaching, we have decided to check again the room. The previous guest informed leaving at three, so five o'clock should be fine to check again, right? We went to the front desk and the first response was that the room was not available....called the manager who corrected the information and we finally could get into the room.. But it can be seen tha Marriot have serious procedures problems
Four days later: after a long day visiting all the coast from the North to the South, we came back to the hotel... After parking the rented car, we were exausted, looking for a good bath and bed....when we have tried to open the room door, pulling the card in nothing happened. We have tried many times before going down to the front desk.... Ok....should be a magnetization issue we thought... Easy to solve ... No reason to stress.... This have already happened.....well... After the third time we went down, I have asked the hotel crew to send someone from maintenance..... For my surprise... The maintenance people knew about the issue since the housekeeping informed then still in the morning,. According to them, the issue was about a battery, but to chance it they would have to break part. of the door mechanism and this could be done only in front of me AND the security.....imagine the situation, the whole family tired, crazy for a bath and waiting for the maintenance crew to break and then fix the door..... When he finally opened the door we saw that the room was not cleaned exactly because the housekeeping , who did informed the maintenance crew in the morning could not entered in the room to do their cleaning.... Again, if not having a 11 months baby , apologies could be accepted.... But with the baby, and the hotel knowing about it, this situation became unaceptable....
Summary..... If travelling to Aruba and having a baby reconsider staying at Marriot

Room Tip: Check exactly the meaning and the position of partial ocean view an premium ocean view....this can b...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Bragasus
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotelmanager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Bragasus,

Thanks

Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I come to Aruba once a year and are never disappointed by this location. Away from the hustle and bustle yet close to all of the attractions. The brunch at La Vista restaurant is very reasonable. We also love the beach here at Palm Beach.

1 Thank Maya G
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Maya,

Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Pros:

- Palm Beach is nice
- Clean, spacious rooms
- Friendly people in the front desk, understanding of your needs

Cons:

-You are captive of the hotel in terms of amenities, restaurants, etc unless you take a taxi.
-Management allows loud music in different areas. If you came here to just relax and you are bothered by noise, maybe there are better options

Room Tip: maybe worth paying more and getting a room in the treadwinds club, although we did not do it.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Robert

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our resort, it is certainly appreciated. You are right in saying that Palm Beach is nice; it really is a beautiful spot. You also mentioned our friendly hosts, thank you for that; they will be thrilled to read your comments. I am however sorry that you felt that there was too much loud music, we do try and get a balance between music and quiet areas, but we obviously did got get it right for your stay. We did introduce our adult only pool last year, which has become very popular and has sometimes been referred to as a library as it is so quiet. This maybe an option for your next visit. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Matt

Matt Knights, Hotel Manager, Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,808 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,948 reviews
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,247 reviews
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,402 reviews
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!