“Marriot or. inn hotel?”

Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Sao Paulo, SP
“Marriot or. inn hotel?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Let's talk about my experience with this hotel.
Day one: as soon as I reached the hotel , we went of course straight to the room, it was a long day trip from São Paulo to aruba and the reservation was for a premium oceano view....fantastic vacations I thought.....Reaching the room I discovered that premium view does have a different meaning depending from who get it....for me , What I have received was a partial view.... For the hotel it was THE premium. Anyway.... After some high levei conversations we could reach an agreement....but the room change could be done only a day after.....and the hotel promised to give me a discount for the day I have stayed at the partial view room. As informed by the hotel the new room would be available by 2 Pm ....great...
Day two: we repack our luggage and left it available to be collected by the hotel crew... Around one thirty we came back to the room to feed our 11 months baby....by two o'clock the hotel crew knock the door informing that we would change rooms at that moment....Great....everything was running as agreed I thought....so we did not start feeding the baby at the former room....bad mistake.... I thought that before sending someone to a room someone from the hotel check previously if the room is empty....surprise!!!.... We reached to the room at the same time the previous guest did and he said clearly that he have informed the front desk early in the morning that he would stay longer at the hotel....unless one aditional hour.... So, imagine the situation, a door bell with your luggage, plus your family, including a 11 months baby going back and forward because someone forgot to check the room first....honestly, this situation could be aceptable if not having a baby .... Mistakes happens.... But having a baby involved , and considering that the hotel knew about the baby, this situation is unaceptable!!! We have decided then to come back to the swimming pool, feed our baby trying to relax....around five, since the baby bath time was approaching, we have decided to check again the room. The previous guest informed leaving at three, so five o'clock should be fine to check again, right? We went to the front desk and the first response was that the room was not available....called the manager who corrected the information and we finally could get into the room.. But it can be seen tha Marriot have serious procedures problems
Four days later: after a long day visiting all the coast from the North to the South, we came back to the hotel... After parking the rented car, we were exausted, looking for a good bath and bed....when we have tried to open the room door, pulling the card in nothing happened. We have tried many times before going down to the front desk.... Ok....should be a magnetization issue we thought... Easy to solve ... No reason to stress.... This have already happened.....well... After the third time we went down, I have asked the hotel crew to send someone from maintenance..... For my surprise... The maintenance people knew about the issue since the housekeeping informed then still in the morning,. According to them, the issue was about a battery, but to chance it they would have to break part. of the door mechanism and this could be done only in front of me AND the security.....imagine the situation, the whole family tired, crazy for a bath and waiting for the maintenance crew to break and then fix the door..... When he finally opened the door we saw that the room was not cleaned exactly because the housekeeping , who did informed the maintenance crew in the morning could not entered in the room to do their cleaning.... Again, if not having a 11 months baby , apologies could be accepted.... But with the baby, and the hotel knowing about it, this situation became unaceptable....
Summary..... If travelling to Aruba and having a baby reconsider staying at Marriot

Room Tip: Check exactly the meaning and the position of partial ocean view an premium ocean view....this can b...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Bragasus
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotelmanager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Bragasus,

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away on vacation this week, so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. We are sorry that we missed the mark during your stay, this is certainly not the vacation experience that we pride ourselves on. You mentioned a few points that we need to work on, and this feedback will help us. Once he is back he will go through your comments and feedback with the team.

Thanks

The Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,653)
Bowie, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I come to Aruba once a year and are never disappointed by this location. Away from the hustle and bustle yet close to all of the attractions. The brunch at La Vista restaurant is very reasonable. We also love the beach here at Palm Beach.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maya G
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Maya,

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away on vacation this week so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. Once he is back he will go through your kind comments with the team.

The Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Team.
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Pros:

- Palm Beach is nice
- Clean, spacious rooms
- Friendly people in the front desk, understanding of your needs

Cons:

-You are captive of the hotel in terms of amenities, restaurants, etc unless you take a taxi.
-Management allows loud music in different areas. If you came here to just relax and you are bothered by noise, maybe there are better options

Room Tip: maybe worth paying more and getting a room in the treadwinds club, although we did not do it.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Robert

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our resort, it is certainly appreciated. You are right in saying that Palm Beach is nice; it really is a beautiful spot. You also mentioned our friendly hosts, thank you for that; they will be thrilled to read your comments. I am however sorry that you felt that there was too much loud music, we do try and get a balance between music and quiet areas, but we obviously did got get it right for your stay. We did introduce our adult only pool last year, which has become very popular and has sometimes been referred to as a library as it is so quiet. This maybe an option for your next visit. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is a top notch Marriott situated in beautiful Aruba. It's located on Palm Beach and has a wonderful beach area. The service is excellent - from the front desk staff, to the cleaning staff, to the wait staff at the beach. They always greet you with a smile and willing to help you with anything you need. Because of my husband's Platinum status, we were upgraded to a King room on the top floor. (Unfortunately, there is only a paid access to the lounge) The room was great - lots of space, comfortable bed, very clean, including he and she sinks.
While there we had the chance to eat breakfast at the buffet at La Vista Restaurant which was very nice - lots of selection and great service. We also spent a lot of time at the beach - where you need to line up at 3pm to book a hut at 4pm for use the following day (complicated but we had a blast in line drinking and making friends with those around us). There are definitely a lot of folks who come often and know the drill. Happy hour on the beach is between 12-1 and 3-5 and we took advantage of that for sure.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank B-YVR
Dear B-YVR

Thank you for your kind review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. Thank you also for calling us Top Notch, this is always nice to read. I am sorry that we do not have a concierge lounge for you to enjoy as a Platinum member. Marriott Resorts typically do not have lounges as these are mostly a business hotel amenity designed to make business travel more enjoyable. A few years ago we did introduce the Tradewinds Club, which is a hotel within a hotel concept for our adult only guests, and I do understand how this can be seen as a lounge, so sorry for the confusion. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Tradewinds club floor was a great choice! What an amazing honeymoon we had! Our room had an amazing view (we were on the north) and was very clean. The tradewinds crew will take great care of you.
You will more than likely need to take a cab for most restaurants...at least for the highest rated ones. I was happy to do this then stay in the more congested resort area.
Plan to wake up extra early if you want a palapa or prime pool chair. A little annoyed at how the adult pool lounges were always reserved but most time no one there. We mostly went to main pool when not at the beach. Much more excitement.
We splurged once or twice with the old 11$ drinks but mostly waited for happy hourS or walked around to the surf and ocean clubs to see their specials. We didn't go thirsty.
Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Saw rooms on both north and south side - view was equally good to me!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OldBlt
Dear Oldbit

Thank you for your excellent review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. I am so glad that you enjoyed our Tradewinds lounge; it really is a lovely dose of adult luxury. I am however sorry about the adult pool chairs, I will make sure I discuss this with the recreation team. You also mentioned the happy hours, and I have to say they are certainly popular! Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

new jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband is a Premium Elite Marriott member so we generally choose this hotel to stay in. I did like the hotel but I do have to say that if you are not staying on the Tradewinds floor and you are used to Concierge service like we are you can be and are disappointed because the hotel itself does not care what level you are. Unless you are staying on the Tradewinds floor which we did not there are no advantages to being at the highest level there is at this type of resort. OK I got that off my mind. The hotel staff is great and they are well trained and it shows. They always smile, say hello and are ready, willing and able to help in any way they can. We did get upgraded because we asked and we had Alfonso at the front desk take care of us and he is outstanding and he does his job extremely well and he is always pleasant and just a pleasure to work with and just to talk to. I had one bad encounter at the front desk with a rude desk clerk but I just walked away and waited for Alfonso to answer my questions about bus services. The rooms could use updating. We were on a higher floor facing the ocean and the views were spectacular. What a way to wake up in the morning and seeing the sunset at night was just great. The bar staff at each of the bars was great, Jasmine at the pool served us each day after we came from the beach and we always sat in her section just to enjoy her and a cocktail before we went up to our room. The Palapa system is just awful but Jeremy does the best that he can in a truly backwards system. The grounds are always kept clean and well maintained. The casino is smoky but if the smoke bothers you then you leave when you have had enough. I loved the convenience of the food court and we used it each day for breakfast.We did try to sit at the Adult Only Pool but they seemed to have far less chairs and we love the beach so we just always headed for the beach. Once we learned the Palapa system we had one each day. The hotel is close enough to the shopping and restaurant area that finding a place to eat or just stroll to was great. Overall, it was a great trip and I would and I will go back to the Marriott.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor. If you are going to sit on the beach learn the Palapas rules and adhere to...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bigglow
Dear Bigglow

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our resort, it is certainly appreciated. I am sorry that we do not have a concierge lounge for you to enjoy as a Platinum member. Marriott Resorts typically do not have lounges as these are mostly a business hotel amenity designed to make business travel more enjoyable. A few years ago we did introduce the Tradewinds Club, which is a hotel within a hotel concept for our adult only guests, and I do understand how this can be seen as a lounge. You and you husbands loyalty to Marriott is certainly appreciated, but we obviously missed that mark on recognizing this, and I am genuinely sorry for this. You also commented on some of our wonderful hosts, Alfonso and Jeremy who are certainly superstars. I will be sure to pass along you kind words. You mentioned the beach palapa’s, and I have to say that it certainly is difficult for all of the major beach hotels to manage this area, all of Aruba’s beautiful beaches are public, and as such the number of palapa’s we have is not regulated by the hotel. We do feel that we offer a very fair approach to getting a palapa, which allows some to be given out in the morning for the next day, some in the afternoon and some at a small price. Of course the system is not perfect, and not everyone may get a palapa every day during peak season, but we do restrict the resort Palapas to resort guests only. Recognizing this we did add an additional pool last year, which has become very popular with our adult guests. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Everyone from the front desk to staff on the beach...nothing could be better! Aruba is one happy island and the Marriott Stellaris adds to keeping you happy! We celebrated our anniversary and my husband's birthday with a surprise waiting for us in our room! Chocolate dipped strawberries, strawberry cheese cake slices and a bottle of champagne! Thanks for making us feel special and for being so generous, including the personal touch from Julissa!! This was just one way the staff extended themselves to make everything perfect! The room (construction view) was perfect also. The view of the new hotel next door was not our focus, however, the different shades of blue of the water to our left was breathtaking! The website is as close as you will get to the actual hotel. Everything was as stated. The price was more than right! Being this was our fourth trip to Aruba, we will definitely be staying at the Marriott Stellaris again. The other times we stayed in the low rise section which is quieter but the beach and hotels cannot be compared. Overall, Aruba is an island that must be visited at least once! You will always be back for more!!

Room Tip: No matter which room you pick, you will not be disappointed. We had the construction view room which...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Emptynest

Thank you for your excellent review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. First I have to say congratulations on your anniversary, and thank for choosing us for your celebration. It sounds like you had a fantastic time with us. You commented on Julissa, who I have to agree is an absolute superstar. I will be sure to pass along your wonderful comments to her as I am sure she will be thrilled. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,752 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,864 reviews
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,205 reviews
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,372 reviews
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!