Let's talk about my experience with this hotel.
Day one: as soon as I reached the hotel , we went of course straight to the room, it was a long day trip from São Paulo to aruba and the reservation was for a premium oceano view....fantastic vacations I thought.....Reaching the room I discovered that premium view does have a different meaning depending from who get it....for me , What I have received was a partial view.... For the hotel it was THE premium. Anyway.... After some high levei conversations we could reach an agreement....but the room change could be done only a day after.....and the hotel promised to give me a discount for the day I have stayed at the partial view room. As informed by the hotel the new room would be available by 2 Pm ....great...
Day two: we repack our luggage and left it available to be collected by the hotel crew... Around one thirty we came back to the room to feed our 11 months baby....by two o'clock the hotel crew knock the door informing that we would change rooms at that moment....Great....everything was running as agreed I thought....so we did not start feeding the baby at the former room....bad mistake.... I thought that before sending someone to a room someone from the hotel check previously if the room is empty....surprise!!!.... We reached to the room at the same time the previous guest did and he said clearly that he have informed the front desk early in the morning that he would stay longer at the hotel....unless one aditional hour.... So, imagine the situation, a door bell with your luggage, plus your family, including a 11 months baby going back and forward because someone forgot to check the room first....honestly, this situation could be aceptable if not having a baby .... Mistakes happens.... But having a baby involved , and considering that the hotel knew about the baby, this situation is unaceptable!!! We have decided then to come back to the swimming pool, feed our baby trying to relax....around five, since the baby bath time was approaching, we have decided to check again the room. The previous guest informed leaving at three, so five o'clock should be fine to check again, right? We went to the front desk and the first response was that the room was not available....called the manager who corrected the information and we finally could get into the room.. But it can be seen tha Marriot have serious procedures problems
Four days later: after a long day visiting all the coast from the North to the South, we came back to the hotel... After parking the rented car, we were exausted, looking for a good bath and bed....when we have tried to open the room door, pulling the card in nothing happened. We have tried many times before going down to the front desk.... Ok....should be a magnetization issue we thought... Easy to solve ... No reason to stress.... This have already happened.....well... After the third time we went down, I have asked the hotel crew to send someone from maintenance..... For my surprise... The maintenance people knew about the issue since the housekeeping informed then still in the morning,. According to them, the issue was about a battery, but to chance it they would have to break part. of the door mechanism and this could be done only in front of me AND the security.....imagine the situation, the whole family tired, crazy for a bath and waiting for the maintenance crew to break and then fix the door..... When he finally opened the door we saw that the room was not cleaned exactly because the housekeeping , who did informed the maintenance crew in the morning could not entered in the room to do their cleaning.... Again, if not having a 11 months baby , apologies could be accepted.... But with the baby, and the hotel knowing about it, this situation became unaceptable....
Summary..... If travelling to Aruba and having a baby reconsider staying at Marriot
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on Palm Beach, our Aruba getaway is essential to your alluring Aruba vacation. Enjoy comfort and relaxing Aruba accommodations featuring the resort, adult exclusive pool, and the exclusive Tradewinds Club - an upscale hotel-within-a-hotel concept on the top floor of this Aruba resort. Savor in the upgraded amenities, five daily dining presentations in the private lounge, a member-only beach area, and full access to the Tradewinds Concierge Service ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriott Aruba Resort And Stellaris Casino
- Marriott Aruba Hotel Stellaris
- Marriott Palm/Eagle Beach
- Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Palm - Eagle Beach