“Wonderful 30th anniversary trip!”

Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I read about this place for months and decided on the Marriott to celebrate our 30th, so happy we did! The place is wonderful and the staff truly do make it! I work in the customer service industry and I know how hard it can be to " keep it on" all day every day. I have to give props to management, for that is where it starts. This was our first trip and I must say that the buffet breakfast was out of this world! The sunsets are worth the trip alone! We will be back...keep up the good work team Marriott!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank EaglesMom
ArubaMarriottResort, Aruba Marriott Resort Team at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear EaglesMom

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away on vacation this week so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. Once he is back he will go through your kind comments with the team.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We just returned from a 5 day vacation at the Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino celebrating my birthday. Upon arrival Friday afternoon we were greeted with 2 glasses of lovely champagne. We stayed on the Tradewinds floor and I highly recommend it with this hotel. The exact room my husband reserved was not available however Glendy kindly gave us a choice of 2 other rooms to decide upon. Luis was ever present chatting with guests and makes it his goal to remember every guest and their preferences. Glendy surprised us one night with a bottle of champagne and a piece of strawberry cheesecake and a card wishing me a happy birthday. The lounge area is lovely and the food was better than "just good" with lots of choices. For 2 nights the food card read "crab cakes" and we never saw any crab cakes. When Luis inquired about our stay, we replied "good". He asked how they could make it "great"? We mentioned the crab cakes and he later sent some fresh hot crab cakes to our room! Hermenia is a treasure!! She works so hard in the hot sun and always has a smile on her face. She made us laugh every day and always made sure we had everything we needed. My only suggestion is a cosmetic one. Our room could use some updating. But that aside, there was satellite TV, free in room internet, the cleaning crew showed attention to details and the Tradewinds lounge is open from 7am-9pm. If they didn't have it, they would find it or make it for you. The rest of the common areas are lovely and well designed with the exception of the casino. The casino is need of refreshing and updating but all in all we would recommend the Tradewinds level to our friends. Thank you for making my birthday very memorable!!

Room Tip: Tradewinds Level is the way to go
1  Thank K G

Dear K.G.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

First of all I can't believe I'm writing a review, but the staff here were too nice for me to not write a review. This review is based on my stay in the Tradeswind Club.

Check in was easy. Even though I didn't get a King bed, they did offer to get me one the next day which I declined. The room I was given had great views and I spent very little time in it so it really didn't matter.

Tradeswind lounge was a good place to meet people and get pointers from staff and guest. The staff here was very professional and friendly. Just ask and they will try and accomodate you. The food was good. I didn't even have to go out to diner most night because it was fulfilling. Filet minion, Grilled grouper, shrimp, sashimi, etc. We wound up just taking walks into town on the nights we ate in the lounge. I did not expect to not have diner out but it saved me quite a bit of money. Breakfeast and Lunch was also satisfiying, but you should go out and expirence some of the restaurant . Make a reservation to Simply fish for sunset, best dinner setting I had. Very romantic and the staff was great there too.

Moving on to the Beach area. Tradeswind section was nice and you had plenty of space. If you want a Palapa get to the Tradeswind Towel Hut by 6:45 AM otherwise you get a beachchair with a top, which would have been enough. I'm an early bird so I was on the beach for a walk by 6AM. You have until 10:00 AM to claim your reserved Palapa or they will give it away. I would go to breakfeast and do whatever else I do in the AM then get back to the beach by 9AM. Bring sunscreen SPF50 no matter how dark you think you are, the sun will burn you without you knowing it due to the wind. I brought two bottles from home and ran out the third day. I would then leave my belongings on the beach and go to lunch and be back by 2PM the latest. Then I would stay on the beach until about 5PM. Diner at 6PM - 7PM. Now we had the option of Drinking and hanging with other guest from the Tradeswind or go out for a walk. If your into gambling then you have a Casino to enjoy. I'm a smoker and the Casino stunk of smoke, even for me.
Staff was awesome from the cleaning staff all the way up the latter. This is why I'm not using names because it wouldn't be fair to all the others that were so nice. Well I will mention Herminia and Luis because they went beyond my expectations. When your at the Tradeswind section of the beach you want Herminia to be on staff, it make a difference even though all the other attendants were nice, she would go the extra mile. For example the Ice cold towel she would place on your head as you were laying out or the Ice water she would bring to you. This women was great and made me feel special. As I was checking out Luis had lunches prepared for us knowing we would miss lunch going to the airport. Thank god because the airport was very busy and we didn't have time to eat before boarding.

Thank you Marriott Staff for a great stay.

1  Thank Giuseppe D

Dear Giuseppe

Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I just got back from an amazing 6 night stay at the Stellaris. I came to Aruba to celebrate my 35th birthday and choosing this hotel was an excellent choice. From the moment we walked in, we were greeted by a wonderful and friendly staff and were given a punch drink which was delicious and a cold towel which was super refreshing for the warm Aruban weather. Marielle checked us in and was so wonderful. She even had a birthday gift and card delivered to my room during our stay! I truly felt special! The grounds are absolutely stunning and the main pool is gorgeous. thats where most of our time was spent. between 12-1 drinks are buy 1 get 1 free and the mud slides were delicious! Theres also a quiet pool but it was too quiet for us so we never went there other than to look at it. the beach is steps from the main pool and is heavenly. the ocean water is so clear and calm. there are little huts on the beach that can be reserved by paying a fee or if you go at 4pm the day before, you can wait in line to try and get a free little hut. there are also water sports right there on the beach as well that you can opt to do. the room was great and super clean and we had a pool view which you could see the ocean from as well. The bed was super comfy as well! we dined at La Vista for breakfast, had a snack every afternoon by the pool and dined at both simply fish and ruth chris which were both excellent. if you are a marriott rewards member, be sure to have the staff give you a blue card which entitles you to a 10% discount on all meals at the restaurants on property. All in all we had an amazing stay and the warmness and friendliness of all the employees made us feel right at home. I can't wait to come stay at the stellaris again and next time I plan to stay longer! I definitely made a great decision in staying at this hotel and can guarantee you will love it as well!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank DanielaEddie

Dear Daniela

Reviewed September 24, 2013

If you are looking for Marriott experience in Aruba, you cant go wrong. It is probably a little overpriced but service and attention to detail will likely make up for that.

We stayed at the Tradewinds Club 8th floor with a few things included like beverages, beers, snacks and breakfast. It was nice to have what you wanted to drink (at the lounge in the 8th floor) included in the price of the hotel and the (very limited) palapas at the beach were a nice touch. Dont expect to get front row Palapa at the beach unless you are at the beach before 7am but there are ways around it. Lounge chairs with sunbrellas do the job and get you a better view without having to wake up early.

Staff was great all around, willing to help and insisting on letting you relax.

All in all, hotel is expensive for what it is but its the right marriot experience in Aruba so you cant really go wrong.

Tradewinds is an interesting upgrade, but if you are a foodie and enjoy your time out of the hotel this is probably not what you are looking for. They have everything scheduled in and are strict in time tables so if you are late for lunch (snacks and sandwiches)... you are out of luck.

Room Tip: Avoid the north wing looking north, the upcoming Ritz Carlton has blocked most of the view and is no...
1  Thank Motrebla

Dear Motrebla

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I are planning to stay at the Marriott starting Oct. 2nd. We will be celebrating our 33rd anniversary and I can't think of another place I would rather be!! We have stayed at the Marriott everytime we came to Aruba. It's like home. Everything you need is right there. Great beach, great food, friendly staff and the rooms and view are the best. Last year I made friends with Lyn at the 24 hour café and hope to see her again this year. She was very helpful and friendly. This will be the 7th time at the Marriot and I'm sure we won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Try a ocean-front junior suite on a high floor. Views are AMAZING!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
ArubaMarriottResort, Aruba Marriot Resort Team at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Mary

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I loved my experience here! We stayed here for a wedding. Aruba is small - so we really didn't need to travel so far. We have all that we need @ our hotel. Fun excursions just right outside our patio. Everything is nice and clean, and the staff were very friendly. Oh, yes -- and you have to try their outdoor massage. Talk about paradise! Although I think I need to stay away from their casino. It could get me into a lot of trouble.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Tila

Thank you for your kind review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. You are right about your Paradise comment, some days I have to pinch myself to make sure I am not dreaming, it really is Paradise here. It sounds like you had a fantastic time with us. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Matt

Matt Knights, Hotel Manager, Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!