“Tradewinds was worth the upgrade!”

Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This was our first trip to Aruba and we had a wonderful stay at the Marriott Stellaris. We opted to upgrade to the tradewinds (or club level) floor, which is the 8th floor. We felt as though it was worth the upgrade. Breakfast and lunch were served daily as well as appetizers and open bar from 6-9. My complaint would be that the lounge/bar should be open until 10. We met more couples in the Tradewinds bc you see them more frequently and you all sit together out at the beach in the private Tradewinds beach area. It was nice to have conversations with other couples as well. Breakfast was always different types of omelets(not cooked to order)/eggs, sausage/bacon, muffins/pastry, cereal, yogurt, juices. It was great. Lunch typically offered a few options for wraps/sandwiches, fresh salad, soup and light dessert. It was fine but nothing that great, but we opted to eat up there to save money to go to a nice dinner instead of spending $12 on a sandwich at the cafe. If you are a truly picky eater, this might not be the best "use" of your money. But overall it was pretty good. We were able to take drinks (water/juices/soda) and beer down to the beach with us which was great and the private concierge was so thoughtful and helped with ideas for dinner, called to make reservations for us and even gave us a sweet "going away" gift - a picture frame with Aruba on it. We loved the personal attention. If there was something we wanted/needed they did their best to accommodate the request. At the beach area, we were able to get one of the palapas included but we did have to go down at 7 each morning to reserve this. We were up anyway so it wasn't a huge deal but the palapa is soooo necessary. They also provide free floats to float in the ocean - which at other parts of the hotel you have to rent the palapa and float. I thought the service was as good if not better than staying at a Ritz or St. Regis. We were very impressed and highly recommend.

Room Tip: Tradewinds if you can!
2  Thank 809GHKH
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear 809

Thank you for your great review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. I am so glad that you enjoyed our Tradewinds lounge, it really is a lovely dose of luxury and I am sure the team will be thrilled to hear of your wonderful comments. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Matt Knights, Hotel Manager, Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Write a ReviewReviews (6,049)

SERVICE

Everyone was very friendly. Upon arrival to check-in we were greeted with a cold beverage and wet towels. We were promptly greeted by Davia with a smile. She went out of her way to accommodate my girlfriend and I. It was only her second day, and if there was something she didn't know right away she made sure she found someone who did for us. Unfortunately she was off 2 days of our stay. But when she came back we knew she was there. :) Everyone else is willing to help with anything. We did run into a few that didn't seem as enthusiastic as the rest. Overall, service was great!

ROOM

The rooms are very nice. Clean and modern. Dual sicks. Mini fridge. No Microwave. At night the AC didn't seem to work as well. I found it a bit humid. But my girlfriend thought it was just find. Our bodies are on the opposite end of the temperature scale. The balcony was pretty big and tiled.

RESTAURANT

The food buffet isn't anything to scream about at the buffet. But for a buffet its really good. We had chicken and grouper wrap at the 'Waves' bar and that was amazing. Best i ever had. Food is pretty expensive. We went to a the Chinese grocery store and picked up some a Liter of Whiskey and some snacks. Which is only 5min away by cab.

CASINO

The casino was a good source of entertainment even though we weren't as lucky as we wanted. They had just about all of the table a major casino would have. There were no $5 min tables. Started at $10

POOL/BEACH

The main pool was usually lively throughout the day. There's a swim up bar which is cool. If you like the fruity festive drinks there are different happy hours throughout the hotel, where you'll get 2 for 1. The adult pool was usually quite not as active as the main pool . You need keycard access for the adult pool.

The beach was beautiful. The roped off section of the beach is pretty big and doesn't go above 6'. Bring sunblock! The sun can be intense. The beach huts are never available unless you get up at 630am to reserve one, wait in line at 330pm to reserve for the next day, or just pay 20$/day at checkin for a hut. I highly recommend a hut.

Excursion

For excursion you'll be better off booking with someone on the beach than the hotel. Hotel is more expensive. The guys on the beach are right in-front of the hotel. We did the sunset snorkel tour that came with a sandwich and all you can drink. Worth every penny! Only $45. We also did the ATV tour that took us around the island to some tourist spots most notably the 'natural pool'. That was $120 for two ppl on 1 atv. This was also fun and a great deal.

Welcome gift

They'll be a table as you head to your by the elevators after you check in asking if you received your welcome gift. You do get a bottle of lotion but its really a ploy to get you to sign up for a time share tour. If you do the 90min tour they'll give you gift certificates of $25 from $125 to $175 depending on what time you want to book your tour. We did ours at 230 and got $175 that we could use at the hotel. That a pretty slick deal if you have the time.

Again Davia was the best. Ask for Davia.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms are the way to go. 721, 723, 725 have the best view of the beach and sunset/sunri...
2  Thank Stanley C

Dear Stanley

Thank you for your lovely review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. You commented on Davia, who I have to agree is an absolute superstar. I will be sure to pass along your wonderful comments to her as I am sure she will be thrilled. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Our stay at the Marriot Aruba resort was fabulous. All Hotel employees from doorman Roy, to front desk personnel, maids, restaurant employees, casino employees ( especiallyJarelis and Nihaila) were so warm and helpful. We enjoyed dining at Ruth's Chris restaurant and the La Vista. Did not get a chance to dine at Simply Fish but will try next year. The beach and pools were awesome. Looking forward to our return trip to the Marriot Aruba Resort next year! Aruba is truly One Happy Island!!

Room Tip: We paid a little extra for a room on a higher floor overlooking the pool area. Extra price was wort...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary M

Dear Mary

Thank you for your excellent review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. You mentioned Roy. Jarelis, & Nihailia who are all exceptional at what they do. I will make a point of swinging by to pass along your great comments. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

WOW……. Thank you Marriott!!!
You have done this TOTALLY right!!!

My wife and I solicited suggestions on where to celebrate our 25th anniversary. Friends (who travel a lot) suggested the Marriott Stellaris in Aruba. We took their advice and eventually chose (9/6 to 9/12/13) the Tradewinds Club accommodation option after discussing our wants and needs with Ms Verna Dijkhoff. She gave us GREAT guidance and completely hit the bull-eye!

In our opinion, the Tradewinds upgrade is ABSOLUTELY worth the added daily charge!!!!

Wife and I were both interested in re-charging our batteries, reading, relaxing, basically doing nothing that we did not want to do (NO sight-seeing, shopping and/or adventure). Time to get away and relax!

From the moment we arrived to the minute we left 7 days later, we could not have been happier with our choice!!! A special thank you to Margaret who greeted us upon arrival, checked us in, and explained everything.

The entire Tradewinds Club front desk staff was terrific. For an example, Glendy actually helped my wife with her brand new smart phone, we couldn’t figure out the some of it features… her assistance was VERY much needed and appreciated!!!!

These folks know how to make you feel welcome, comfortable and worry-free.

The quality and cleanliness of the room itself with its beautiful ocean view is superb.

The Club Lounge (all-inclusive) offers seriously good food with great assortment (varies by day and ALL of it is extremely fresh and well prepared) Beverages are available all day long and alcohol service at night is top shelf (and free)

The attitude and helpfulness of everyone in the Club food service staff is exceptional. These are very happy people who enjoy doing their jobs. What a great experience for us.

The “exclusive” Tradewinds Club beach availability, set-up and cleanliness AS WELL as the service level at the beach itself (a BIG THANK you to Ms Hermina Whyte) were well beyond what we expected, yet allowed us all the space we needed and/or wanted!

Our experience at this facility left us with no doubt that we made the correct choice.

Thanks Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino…….you have a terrific facility staffed by SUPER employees and managed to perfection!!!

Room Tip: Go the Tradewinds option if you just want to be pampered.
3  Thank Frank H

Dear Frank

Thank you for your great review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. I am so happy to hear that your 25th Anniversary trip was a success (please thank your friends for me for their recommendation). You commented on Verna, Margaret and Herminia, who are all true professionals. They will be delighted with your kind words. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Execellent hotel!. The best on the island as I have compared the Marriott to all of the other hotels on the island. The ameneties were great , the food was great and the restaurants were very good. It's a little pricy but all of the restaurants were so there is not much you can do.

Room Tip: Best breakfast buttet when compared to all of the other high-rise hotels
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jombi01821
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Jombi

Thank you for your kind review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. I also agree that our resort is the best on Aruba (Yes, I am a little biased); I will share your review with our team as I am sure they will be thrilled with your comments. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

What a wonderful getaway! I stayed in a garden view room which should have been called a parital ocean view for when I walked out of my room I was greeted with a wonderful view of the garden and the ocean. I haven't one negative remark. Sure its on the end of high rise road but that is a plus. The beach is beautiful with less traffic and crystal clear water. Happy hour all day, bingo, and the casino. I was one happy birthday girl. Ruth Chris was phenomenal as it is in the states. Simply Fish was delicious and on the beach. LaVista Sunday brunch with unlimited mimosas was magnificent. I have never vacationed anywhere twice but I'm already planning my return trip to this beautiful resort. Be advised to arrive at the airport early for departure. That experience was a train wreck.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Mookietales
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Mookie

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. It sounds like you had a blast and a great birthday. You are right about the crystal clear water, it is truly exceptional. You also commented on our restaurants, and I know that our culinary team will be very happy to read your review. Also the tip on the airport is a good one; I would say that the positive side of the airport wait is that as you have to go through US customs here in Aruba; once you arrive home in the US you can go straight to the baggage claim which saves you a bit of time on the other side. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My wife and I just took our third trip to Aruba for our 38th anniversary. We found the perfect location to have it at the Marriott Stellaris Resort. We came in on an Expedia deal so we were not surprised to get a room looking over construction. I asked if it was possible to move to a room with a nicer view and was told I could move the following day. The next day Pedro moved all of our luggage to a beautiful room overlooking the main pool. They did not have to do this, but you will find that everyone at this hotel will go out of their way to make this your best vacation ever. Not only were we moved to a new room but we found champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us. For our anniversary, we ate at the hotel’s outdoor restaurant, “Simply Fish”. This is right on the beach. You will not find a better place to see the sunset than at this restaurant. The menus were personalized with our name and anniversary date on it (very nice touch) and the fresh seafood was very good. There is a nice lobby restaurant that we took advantage of almost every day for lunch. Since I am an early riser, I went to the adult pool every day to reserve chairs and an umbrella for us. I would highly recommend this pool if you are a couple and want peace and quiet. If you want to be under an umbrella at the adult pool, you will need to get down by 7:30AM since there are many regulars who are waiting to get to their spot when the door opens in the morning at 7:00. We met people at the adult pool that come back to the Marriott Stellaris four times every year.
We love this island so much that we hired photographer, Robert Arenz to help memorialize our trip. I would highly recommend him. We are already making plans to go back to the Marriott Aruba, same time next year. If I tried to single out every person at the hotel that helped us, it would take a whole page. Let me just say that if you are looking for the perfect relaxed vacation, you will find it at the Marriott Stellaris in the Happy Island of Aruba.

Room Tip: The best rooms for the view are on the higher levels facing either pool.
2  Thank Rtaylor

Dear Rtaylor

Thank you for your nice review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our resort and our island, it sounds like your trip was spot on. Thank you also for commenting on Simply Fish, it is one of my favorite restaurants, there is something special about dining with your toes in the sand. I love it! You also mentioned Pedro, who really is one of our superstars, I am sure he will be thrilled to read your review. Again thank you for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4 mi away
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!