“Aruba Marriott and Stellaris Casino”

Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Execellent hotel!. The best on the island as I have compared the Marriott to all of the other hotels on the island. The ameneties were great , the food was great and the restaurants were very good. It's a little pricy but all of the restaurants were so there is not much you can do.

Room Tip: Best breakfast buttet when compared to all of the other high-rise hotels
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jombi01821
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Jombi

Thank you for your kind review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. I also agree that our resort is the best on Aruba (Yes, I am a little biased); I will share your review with our team as I am sure they will be thrilled with your comments. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Matt Knights, Hotel Manager, Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Write a ReviewReviews (6,050)

Reviewed September 17, 2013

What a wonderful getaway! I stayed in a garden view room which should have been called a parital ocean view for when I walked out of my room I was greeted with a wonderful view of the garden and the ocean. I haven't one negative remark. Sure its on the end of high rise road but that is a plus. The beach is beautiful with less traffic and crystal clear water. Happy hour all day, bingo, and the casino. I was one happy birthday girl. Ruth Chris was phenomenal as it is in the states. Simply Fish was delicious and on the beach. LaVista Sunday brunch with unlimited mimosas was magnificent. I have never vacationed anywhere twice but I'm already planning my return trip to this beautiful resort. Be advised to arrive at the airport early for departure. That experience was a train wreck.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Mookietales
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Mookie

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. It sounds like you had a blast and a great birthday. You are right about the crystal clear water, it is truly exceptional. You also commented on our restaurants, and I know that our culinary team will be very happy to read your review. Also the tip on the airport is a good one; I would say that the positive side of the airport wait is that as you have to go through US customs here in Aruba; once you arrive home in the US you can go straight to the baggage claim which saves you a bit of time on the other side. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My wife and I just took our third trip to Aruba for our 38th anniversary. We found the perfect location to have it at the Marriott Stellaris Resort. We came in on an Expedia deal so we were not surprised to get a room looking over construction. I asked if it was possible to move to a room with a nicer view and was told I could move the following day. The next day Pedro moved all of our luggage to a beautiful room overlooking the main pool. They did not have to do this, but you will find that everyone at this hotel will go out of their way to make this your best vacation ever. Not only were we moved to a new room but we found champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us. For our anniversary, we ate at the hotel’s outdoor restaurant, “Simply Fish”. This is right on the beach. You will not find a better place to see the sunset than at this restaurant. The menus were personalized with our name and anniversary date on it (very nice touch) and the fresh seafood was very good. There is a nice lobby restaurant that we took advantage of almost every day for lunch. Since I am an early riser, I went to the adult pool every day to reserve chairs and an umbrella for us. I would highly recommend this pool if you are a couple and want peace and quiet. If you want to be under an umbrella at the adult pool, you will need to get down by 7:30AM since there are many regulars who are waiting to get to their spot when the door opens in the morning at 7:00. We met people at the adult pool that come back to the Marriott Stellaris four times every year.
We love this island so much that we hired photographer, Robert Arenz to help memorialize our trip. I would highly recommend him. We are already making plans to go back to the Marriott Aruba, same time next year. If I tried to single out every person at the hotel that helped us, it would take a whole page. Let me just say that if you are looking for the perfect relaxed vacation, you will find it at the Marriott Stellaris in the Happy Island of Aruba.

Room Tip: The best rooms for the view are on the higher levels facing either pool.
2  Thank Rtaylor

Dear Rtaylor

Thank you for your nice review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our resort and our island, it sounds like your trip was spot on. Thank you also for commenting on Simply Fish, it is one of my favorite restaurants, there is something special about dining with your toes in the sand. I love it! You also mentioned Pedro, who really is one of our superstars, I am sure he will be thrilled to read your review. Again thank you for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel with wonderful employees! Our experience was so superb and it was mainly b/c of our maid, Ursula. She was so attentive and kind - she made us feel like we were part of her family! And when you are visiting another country you don't expect this kind of treatment from a stranger - SHE IS THE BEST!

The Marriott chain should be very proud of this location. These employees are exemplary in their customer service skills! I would say that Marriott should send managers to this location to learn how to enstill these skills into their respective teams! I can't compliment this hotel and these employees enough - WE WILL BE BACK!

Room Tip: We picked a room with a partial ocean view - and it was wonderful. You don't have to be in a su...
2  Thank LeeAnn5072

Dear LeeAnn

Thank you for your lovely review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. You mentioned Ursula, who is stunning at what she does, and really does care for our guests, I will be sure to pass along you great comments. Again thank you for your wonderful review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort for your next anniversary.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I would like to thank Anicasia for the wonderful service she provided for my needs. Very efficient and on top of it. I forgot something and had to go back to the room after we checked out. She was holding our belongings. Can't say enough about honesty these day. Two thumbs up!

This hotel always provides good service from the front desk to the bell hop and the rest of the staff. Thank you.

Room Tip: If your looking for a place with out kids.... rm 119, 121, 123 are all on the first floor. You walk...
1  Thank jeaninecupp

Dear Jeanine

Thank you for your great review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. You mentioned Anicasia who is really is a superstar; I will make a point of popping by to pass along your kind words. Again thank you for your wonderful review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Glad we picked this resort in Aruba after much research. Will keep my review short, so here is a summary:
Pros
- Beautiful/private property with an even more beautiful beach.
- Excellent/pleasant service from all hotel staff
- Quality of food: very good
- Nice pools (that light up nicely at night)
- Close walk from an indoor/outdoor mall
- Less crowded and nicer than the Marriott Ocean Club hotel next door
- Great choice for families with kids.
- Buffets were good and decently priced; some more choices for eating at the market place close by.

Cons
- Weather in September can get a bit more humid, but weather in Aruba is apparently always the same.
- Menu choices at the hotel restaurants seem to be limited; a lot of repeats at each of the restaurants.
- Aruba airport on departure is an absolute mess. Need to get there 3 hours earlier, and we had to wait in line with a kid for over an hour at US immigrations (which happens in Aruba).
- A lot of iguanas by the pool (if you don't like that).

Room Tip: We got the ocean view deluxe and thought up upgrading to a suite but didn't think it was worth t...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nabeel S
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Nabeel

Thank you for your kind review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. It sounds like you had a great time with us, and experienced many of our resorts features. You commented on the quality of our food, which will certainly make our chefs smile as they do take a great deal of pride in their work. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Only one disappointment.
When we booked we noted we were there for our 2nd anniversary. The whole week went by and no one acknowledged that we were there to celebrate our anniversary. We didn’t get a welcome drink or any chocolates or champagne. We ate at Ruth’s Chris on our last night. The hostess asked if we were celebrating a special occasion but we didn’t get cake like some of the other guests. I started to wonder if it was because we booked through Expedia. Or maybe it was because it wasn’t our 25th anniversary. We have read that some of the other guests didn’t receive anything either. Whatever it was, we decided we wouldn’t let it ruin our vacation. After all, we didn’t book this property to receive free cake.

We booked an adjacent construction view room and ended up on the 7th floor week of Aug 31. The view was not bad at all. We were high enough to get a “partial ocean view”. You don’t hear any construction when the balcony door is closed. What bothered us was the moving of the chairs on the tradeswinds floor above early in the morning and the kids running down the hall.
After reading the reviews about the palapas we didn’t even bother with them all week. The truth is, there is not enough to go around. We do beach vacations at least once or twice a year so it wasn’t a big deal. I figured we could go without this time. We simply spent our days at the adult pool. We thought the main pool was too crowded for us. The fish tacos are a must!! It amazes me how Franklin can remember what we like to eat. The lobby café is a good option if you are lazy to go out – I thought it was a bit pricey though. La Vista is also a good choice. Go see Alexis!!!

The property is located at the end of the high rise. It’s a good 15 min walk to the restaurants but the beach is far less crowded and the property is absolutely gorgeous. You can walk along the beach or through the other hotels. When you walk through the other properties you will be SO glad you stayed here. The staff work hard every day to keep the grounds immaculate.

Can't wait to return!!

1  Thank babybum

Dear Babybum

I love the title of your review “Stay Here!!!” very cool, you should work in sales! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our resort and that Franklin & Alexis were standout associates for you, they really are good at what they do. I am however sorry that we missed the opportunity to celebrate your anniversary with you, we should have picked up on this and we didn’t, sorry for that. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4 mi away
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!