“Outstanding Island. LOVED IT.”

Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This Vacation Had To Be One Of The Best I Have Been On. Lets Start With The Airport, It Is Just 15 Mins. To One Of The Best Hotels On The Island. Everyone On The Island Is So Happy And Will Make Your Stay So Enjoyable. From The Beautiful Beaches To The Outstanding Pools And Swim Up Bars Every Body Is Happy To See And Know You. There Are Plenty Of Great Restaurants Among The Two Marriott's Back To Back. Both Fabulous. Touring Around The Island To See And go Swimming And Snorkeling In The Natural Swimming Pool In The National Park. Then Its Off To See The Natural Bridge And Blow Holes Carved Out By The Sea. Pretty Amazing. Then Off To See A Catholic Church High On Top A Hill Top. On The Way To See The Carolina Light House We Stopped In A Local Small Town Shop To Eat. Before Heading Back Down The Hill Side To Our Resort. We Were Both Exhausted From The All Day Tour. The Next Day We Went Down Town For A Submarine Ride(GREAT) Then Shopping Down Town. After We Had A Wonderful Dinner At Aruba Joes. Highly Recommend.Then Off To ISLA MUJERES To Swim With The DOLPHINS And MANATEES,This Was A Whole Day Trip But Well Worth IT. Every Day Was Great. What A Happy Island. We Will Be Back Again And Again.

Room Tip: The Higher The Better. We Stayed In The Watch Tower
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Craig D
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Dear Craig

WOW, you really did get to enjoy Aruba. You are so right it really is an outstanding island. Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. You commented on the beautiful beaches, and I have to agree they really are beautiful and there are many to choose from. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Matt Knights, Hotel Manager, Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Write a ReviewReviews (6,050)

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on the excellent review of my parents who stayed here a few years ago. We were not disappointed! We stayed in the Tradewinds Club and it was worth the upgrade. Our check in there was smooth and we had a great ocean view room. We had a few problems after check in (slow draining shower and hot room) but both were resolved by maintenance right away. The hotel even provided us a fan :) We ate breakfast in the tradewinds club nearly every day and the free soda, bottled waters, and beer made the upgrade totally worth it.

Every restaurant we used on property was excellent. We especially loved our dinner at simply fish. We had great food at the poolside and beach as well. We liked the location because it was a great place on the beach and less crowded than other hotel locations along palm beach. Taxi rides down to the restaurants were only $6-9 so it was very convenient or it was a walkable distance once the sun went down.

A few negatives: The beach palapa reservation system is a little silly in my opinion...I don't understand why people are getting up at 630 am to reserve them. I asked if we could just reserve them in advance and the Tradewinds club told us this was not possible even for payment. Regardless we were able to get a back row palapa in the tradewinds section nearly daily and this was plenty of fun. The free floats at the tradewinds club beach were great too. So fun to float in the ocean on the floats. We also were able to get seats by the adult pool daily. This pool is a great way to get away from all the hustle and bustle of the regular pool. We also reserved a cabana there the last day and it was worth it. The shade was nice to have. The only other negative at the Aruba Marriott is that there is not much of a concierge. There is a desk to which we were directed when asking for a concierge, but it was just people selling depalm tours (we did the UTV tour btw and it was wonderful).

Despite the very few negatives, this trip was amazing and the Aruba Marriott was wonderful!!! We would definitely return again because the location and service were amazing.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Willowvacay
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Willow

Thank you for your lovely review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our Trade winds Club; it really is a nice touch of adult luxury. You mentioned the beach palapa’s, and I have to say that it certainly is difficult for all of the major beach hotels to manage this area, all of Aruba’s beautiful beaches are public, and as such the number of palapa’s we have is not regulated by the hotel. We do feel that we offer a very fair approach to getting a palapa, which allows some to be given out in the morning for the next day, some in the afternoon and some at a small price. Of course the system is not perfect, and not everyone may get a palapa every day during peak season. Recognizing this we did add an additional pool last year, which has become very popular with our adult guests. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Had it not been for the great service and amenities at the Trade wind club we would have probably moved hotels. The great employees on that level made our stay great.

As far as the rooms, they are small and dated compared to other Marriott's especially in the price range.

The resort is not smoke free so you smell lots of smoke. The beach is beautiful and the attendants at the Trade winds beach area were the best. The area at the beach is busy, lots of boats, jet skis and noise.

The casino was the best in the area.

next trip we are considering the low rise area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Quinn

Thank you for your review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our Tradewinds Club; it really is a nice touch of adult luxury. I am however sorry that you found that our room size did not fit you needs. Our rooms are actually amongst the largest on Aruba, and our balconies are without doubt roomier than any other hotel on our island. We do have two time share partner resorts on Aruba, Surf Club and Ocean Club that do have a variety of two bedroom villas that may be more what you are looking for your next vacation if this is something that you are looking for. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We just returned back tonight after an amazing week at this hotel! This was our second year back and we love it here. This hotel is just beautiful! The property is so beautiful with the waterfalls and landscape. My daughter who is almost two would wake up every morning and the first word would be wow. She was so happy on the beach and in the pool. This hotel exceeds our expectations year after year. On our first day of arrival we received champagne and choc covered strawberries for our anniversary and since my daughter is almost two they gave her a plate of choc chip cookies. We were so excited to receive that gift from the management. We can't wait to return again next September:)

• Stayed: September 2013
6  Thank tara22380
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Tara

Thank you for your lovely review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. I have to say, just like your daughter, most days on my drive into work, I also look at the ocean and go WOW. I am so happy to hear that you all had a great vacation, it sounds like the team made sure your anniversary trip was special, and they will be thrilled to read your review. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights for our honeymoon is August 2013. The service was great. We requested an upgrade and they were able to upgrade our room the next day. There was construction going on the hotel next-door for the Ritz Carlton but we didn't hear any noise. Our room faced the adult pool, so we had no view of construction. The beach is clean and there are plenty of chairs and umbrellas to go around. We were always able to find a chair at the beach or pool no matter what time of the day it was. The sunset is beautiful. Aruba is very safe. The hotel is located walking distance to restaurants and bars. We walked everywhere and we were satisfied with all the restaurants. The rooms are very clean and there were plenty of towels. The service was excellent.
The concierge desk helped us with restaurant recommendations and reservations and they were always very helpful. We would definitely revisit. I mentioned that I was a Marriott rewards member and they waived the Wi-Fi fee so we had complementary Wi-Fi during our stay. Wi-Fi was available throughout the hotel and in the room.

• Stayed: August 2013
8  Thank SweetNicolee

Dear Nicole

Thank you for your kind review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. First I have to say congratulations and thank you so much for trusting us with your honeymoon. It sounds like you had a fantastic time with us. You mentioned the sunsets; I have to agree they really are stunning. I love playing with my kids on the beach during sunset as the temperature is perfect and the view is exceptional. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I just returned from our first stay in Aruba at the Marriott. Being elite members, we Are very loyal to Marriott and had high expectations - which were met above and beyond! We were greeted at the front desk with a welcome bag and were able to check in at 12:30 upon arrival. Our garden view room had a great view of the pool and ocean in the distance. The ocean water was crystal clear and the sand white as snow. The swim up bar in the pool was so much fun and most of the bars had happy hour specials daily which helped to save a few dollars. The lobby cafe had breakfast sandwiches fruit pastries sandwiches salads and gelato - very reasonably priced too. As an elite member, we received a discount card to use at the restaurants. Simply Fish was excellent - the food was delicious and the staff was so accommodating and polite. The hotel staff was very welcoming and always had a smile on their face and greeted us with a big hello. We met many couples and groups of friends who were on their 5th 6th or 7th trip back to the Marriott. My husband and I are already looking forward to returning next year. The weather was great all week, minus a few showers which only lasted for about a half hour each time. The beach hotel and pool was not crowded at all. Many guests said they always return in September or October to avoid crowds and get good room rates. Thank you Marriott as always for an incredible stay!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Stacey

Thank you for your lovely review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. I am happy to hear that you and your husband had an excellent stay with us, it sounds like you had a great vacation. You mentioned Simply Fish, which is one of my favorite spots on the island. You really can’t beat dining with your toes in the sand, priceless. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We just arrived at the hotel and are blown away with its beauty, excellent service, views, room upgrade and friendly staff....Maria, Margaret, Kimesha, and Glendy. We dont want to leave as planned, we want to stay longer!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank romancejones

Dear Mr. Jones

Thank you for your great review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. I love the way you started your review: “Totally Awesome” Love it! You are so right our team is totally awesome, and Maria, Margaret, Kimesha & Glendy really are the tradewinds dream team. I will make a point of popping up to see them today so that they can read your great comments. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4 mi away
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!