“We Will Definitely Return to the Marriott Stellaris - Aruba”

Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Atlanta
“We Will Definitely Return to the Marriott Stellaris - Aruba”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The hotel and grounds were beautiful. The staff was very courteous and friendly. We had a wonderful vacation from beginning to end. The beach was crowded and so were the pool areas but that didn't bother us one bit. It was hard getting a palapa in a good spot but we were able to get one each day. We upgraded to the Tradewinds Club and the room was excellent. We probably won't do that next time. We spent so much time outside and so little time inside that the upgrade was a waste for us. We are now planning for Aruba 2014.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Carojay
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear carojay

Thank you for writing your lovely review, it is very much appreciated. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you were able to enjoy the beach, even during the busy times. You mentioned our pools also, and the addition of our new adult pool has certainly helped create more space all round, and has become very popular for our guests. Again thank you for taking the time to write your review, and I look forward to welcoming you back in 2014.

Matt Knights, Hotel Manager, Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,694)
Central New York State
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We chose the Marriott because it was at the end of the long line of hotels, hoping that there would be less crowding. Not at all.
The bad ...The beach is covered by palapas, that must be reserved ahead, and lounge chairs are removed between 5-6 pm every night....even if you are sitting in them! The water is roped off and you are not supposed to go past the ropes. It is probably about five feet deep at most. All around you are boats racing back and forth with tourists on inflatables, jetskis or party boats. The water was cloudy from all the surrounding activity.
Our room was an One Bedroom Oceanfront Junior Corner Suite, with a King bed and a sofabed. The room itself was in the north wing on the third floor. We had a view of the palm trees and the beach and a little view of the water. As we did book late, I would not fault the hotel for this. However, the room smelled of mildew and there was even what appeared to be mildew on the ceiling just in front of the vent. It looked as if someone had tried to wipe that off at some point. Our room was right over the restaurant and every morning we would smell cigar smoke in the bathroom from the vent. The breakfast buffet at La Vista restaurant was average. The hotel pool was small for the size of the resort and seemed to usually be filled with people pushing each other in and throwing things. And don't even hope to get a poolside chair. People come down and put a towel on the chair in the morning and then never show up until the afternoon. This practice seemed to be true for the beach chairs as well.
The good. There are lot.s of dining options onsite. The Lobby Cafe has delicious bakery items,fruit snacks, sandwiches and drinks, which we sampled several times. We ate once at the onsite steak house, which was delicious. We walked to the Marriott Ocean Club hotel right next door and had a nice meal at a sports bar. There were more shopping options there that we did not explore. There also a nice sundries shop for the Aloe Gel that we needed after our first day in the sun. There were lots of snack and beverage items there, along with resort clothing and other souvenir items. The onsite ATM that came in handy also. There was a small refrigerator in our room that we filled with drinks and snacks from the grocery store.
We do want to compliment Jose at the front desk for making assisting us and making us feel welcome. Although we would not stay at this Marriott again, we would probably try one of the other Marriott hotels/clubs in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for something on a high floor if you want to have a nice view of the ocean.
Dear Frequent Traveler

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about our resort, although it is not all great comments, the feedback is very much welcome as this will help us improve our resort. I am sorry that the beach did not work out for your, all Aruban beaches are public, so not everything is in our control. The points you made that are in our control will of course be reviewed based on your notes. I will also be reviewing your room personally as this is definitely not our standard. If you would be so kind to send me a note through the trip advisor message system of your room number I can then take a look. I do appreciate your balanced approach to the review, and am grateful for your kind words towards the Lobby Café and Jose, who I will make sure to pass long your comments. Again thank you for your review, and I do hope that we can welcome you back to Aruba again soon within one of our Marriott properties on the island.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Our first trip to Aruba and it was WONDERFUL. What a great place for a relaxing vacation. We stayed on the Tradewinds level and highly recommend it. You get a good breakfast and lunch, and the dinner food was also good, although after a few days it was nice to go to a restaurant and be waited on. Also all of the beer, water and soda you wanted. From 5 to 9 PM they have an open bar with hard liquor and wine too. We brought a carrying cooler and stocked up on beer and water and were good for the day on the beach. They have a great beach at the end of the hotel strip so it is a little less crowded.

They have a separate section of the beach for Tradewinds guests, but still had to get up by 7 to reserve a good location/palapa. It was definitely worth it to us since all we wanted to do was lay around the beach, eat and drink all day. The staff on the beach was great (water, cold towels, etc.). Hermania was especially nice and made our days on the beach more comfortable and relaxing.

The service was great the whole trip. We really got to know several of the people in the Tradewinds level (Glendee, Harshita and Yamilena were especially helpful and sweet). We were celebrating our 31 wedding anniversary with our daughters and asked Glendee to help them plan something special for us and it turned out wonderful!!

We definitely recommend Aruba and definitely recommend the Marriott.

3 Thank PJfarbase
Dear PJ

Thank you so much for your review, it is very much appreciated. It sounds like you had a blast in the Tradewinds Club, and I am very happy to hear that Herminia, Glendee, Harishita and Yamilena stood out during you stay, they really are true professionals and I am lucky to work with them. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Dobbs Ferry, New York
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was our second stay at Marriott Stellaris Aruba .Stayed for 10 days this July and it was even better than our stay last summer! Hotel is clean, bed is very comfy and bathrooms are gorgeous. There is no place like Aruba. The beach is the best I've seen. It is kept very clean. The grounds are beautiful. You must visit Jhune, the best bartender we have ever seen! He is at the beachbar or one of the pool bars. After a whole year he not only remembered our names, but also what we like to drink! You must also look for Lillion, who is a supervisor for food/beverage. She also remembered us and took extra good care of us! And David Coster, Restaurant Manager at the Marriott. David was so welcoming, so kind and was so helpful to us. These people work incredibly hard and yet are always offering their help with a big smile. True pros at what they do! Staff at hotels can either make or break a vacation. Well these folks at Aruba Marriott Stellaris sure made our vacation extra special. We will be back for third visit next year and highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, you will have a better view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank PJNewYork
Dear PJ

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review, it really is appreciated. You mentioned Jhune, and I have to agree he is exceptional, I know that he will be thrilled to hear of your review. You also mentioned Lillian and David who are stunning at what they do, and do go above and beyond daily. I will be sure to personally thank all of the associates you have mentioned when I walk through the pool area today. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back for your 3rd visit.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott in July for our family vacation.We found the entire staff to be very friendly and accommmodating.I would especially like to thank Glenn Maduro Front Desk Manager for all his help in everthing from restaurants recommendations , beach toys for my granddaughter and room assignment for our group. Room Operations Manger Marielle Smeets was also very professional in my dealings with her. We will make the Marriott our choice for futher trips to Aruba.

3 Thank AFJC32013
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear AFJ

Thank you so much for writing your kind review of our resort, it really is appreciated. I am so happy that you mentioned Glen and Marielle, they are both superstars and really do deserve your lovely comments. You also mentioned the “entire staff” who, I have to say make my job very easy and really do go out of their way for our guests. I will make sure that the team gets a chance to see your review. Again thank you for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Oakland, California
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about the Marriott Stellaris! If I were to return to Aruba I wouldn't even look at other hotels, just immediately book the Stellaris again. Perhaps the best part of the experience was Reshma at the front desk - she is amazing! Our room was gorgeous (ocean front). We practically LIVED at the cafe! Totally reasonable prices and lots of vegetarian options. We spent a lot of time at the adult pool. I just wish they had a system like the Surf Club where we could tag our chairs in advance. We loved the Simply Fish restaurant. They made us a primavera pasta because we are vegetarian and it was SO GOOD! The only downfall is that the walls are a little thin, so sometimes we could hear the people in the rooms next door.

Room Tip: If you get an ocean view room, you could end up with n ocean front for the same price!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank ReneeS
Dear Renee

Thank you for taking the time to write your review it is very much appreciated. I do have to agree that Reshma does indeed rock, she really is a superstar, I will be sure to swing by and see her today to pass along you great comments. You also mentioned our lobby café, which is staffed by the most amazing ladies, and Simply Fish which of course is as you said SO GOOD! There is nothing like sitting down for a wondertfull meal with your shoes off, toes in the sand and an amazing sunset, Priceless. Again Thank you for your lovely review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Aruba soon.

Springfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott for our honeymoon in July 2013. I truly have no complaints with this property as it was the most relaxing week we could have asked for after our wedding. Not a worry in the world. In reference to the palapas - after reading the reviews, I had the thought of getting to the Marriott and instantly reserving one and paying the fee for the 3 days then doing it again... to be honest, even if we had one I don't think I would have sat under it for 5 minutes. We went without palapas our whole week and I wouldn't change it for a minute. I saw people waiting in ridiculously long lines to reserve them... kind of silly if you ask me, but, on the other hand, I am a sun worshiper so for those who aren't I can understand. I paid the 5$ per day for a float and floated in the ocean my entire week and it was simply amazing. We went to a few different restaurants on the island which were all wonderful. Had lunch right on the beach at the bar/grill at the Marriott every day and it was just perfect. We had dinner our first night at Simply Fish on the beach and was very tasty, and having the sunset right in front of us wasn't so bad either!
Our check in went fine - we had requested a king size bed but none were available at the time of our check in but they got us into one the very next day. Rooms were spacious and beautiful. No complaints! Our maid Ursula was just outstanding, my husband made it a point to contact her supervisor to let them know just how wonderful she was. I should also make a point that the little shops in the Marriott are just what we needed, so convenient. Water, sodas, chips, snacks, whatever you needed to hold you over to dinner could be found in the little shop. Plenty of water activities right on the beach, we went jetskiing, parasailing (terrifying in my opinion), and the catamaran cruise (best day of our trip if you ask me). The catamaran cruise for 45$ for 3 hours brought you out to a ship wreck, gave you snorkel gear to check it and the amazing fish out, then brought you to a more shallow, calmer water to see more beautiful fish, starfish, sand dollars, etc. then lastly brought you to one last location to jump off the rope swing into the beautiful ocean, all while having open bar and fun music! It was absolutely amazing to have these options right on our beach at all times. There are many more water activities to choose from as well!

My one and only disappointment (not even a big one at that) was that even after the woman that checked us in (her name escapes me at the moment) noticed our rings and asked if we were honeymooners, nothing special was done for us as others on here had noted. Not that we were expecting it, but it would have been nice... no welcome drink or anything like that either as others had also noted. Let's just say I quickly got over it. However, Ursula left us a beautiful little note and towel art towards the end of our trip, which was very nice :)

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Monika V
Dear Monika

Thanks for writing your lovely review; I am so happy to hear that you had a relaxing week, just how a honeymoon should be. You mentioned many wonderful points, however you specifically mentioned Ursula twice, and I have to agree, she is exceptional. I will pop up to the morning housekeeping meeting today and pass along your comments, she will be thrilled. I am sorry that we did not do anything special for your honeymoon, as we do try and add little touches to many of our guests stay, sorry we missed you on this. Lastly you mentioned snorkeling, which I have to say is spectacular here, I have taken my kids out a couple of times, and they are always blown away by how amazing it is. Again thanks for your review and I will look forward to welcoming you back soon to Aruba.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!