“Vacation”

Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was our first time in ARUBA, everything was excellent. The Marriott was beautiful, rooms were nice ,staff was very friendly, pools were nice , beautiful beach. We had and excellent time we did not want to leave. We here from 7-6- 7-13. We will tell all our friends to come to ARUBA ,and stay at the Marriott, it could not been in better. We will be back next year, cannot wait to come back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Randew

Thanks for taking the time to write your review, it is very much appreciated. It sounds like you had a great vacation, and you enjoyed our wonderful island. Thank you for commenting on our friendly staff, they really are a great team. I look forward to welcoming you back to Aruba soon.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We attended a wedding of our nephew last weekend and stayed for the week... and I would greatly recommend this Marriott to everyone planning a wedding and / or simply for a relaxing vacation. The staff were all very friendly, accommodating and catered to all our needs with always a smile to share. I travel a lot in the Caribbean and I have to say I am very impressed with the consistent demeanour and excellent service of the whole staff ... from the front desk, Glen and Reshma who ensured that we had rooms with a great view of both the garden and the ocean, to Aida in Ketsu for her patience in attending to our meal orders, considering that we had 2 young kids in tow, to the team of housekeepers who worked around our daily inconsistent schedules in keeping our rooms and bathrooms clean and stacked, and the beds all made up for the evening.
The pool and beach crew like Miro and Jun were always available to assist and again always with a smile... It is apparent that hotel Management has established a culture of service with a smile amongst its staff. The hotel amenities supports the 5 star rating of the hotel... and the adult pool is exactly what it proposes to offer --- relaxation in a pool with a margarita at 12 high ! !
The costs are consistent and competitive with any Aruban hotel and resort of same rating, although the room taxes took as a bit by surprised -almost a third of the room rates. But that's beyond the control of the hotel.
While the hotel does not offer much in activities, they provide assistance and informative recommendations for outside / island activities.
This hotel is both family-oriented and coupes-only friendly ... and rightfully earns its 5 star ratings !
My best review... My wife and I will be returning to this hotel next year for our anniversary .

Room Tip: A garden view facing the general pooll allows for a good view of the ocean. If one can fork an addit...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear RRP

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort, it sounds like you had a spectacular time. You mentioned Glen & Reshma in our front office team who are both exceptional at what they do, also Miro & June, who also are superstars in our team, and of course Aida in Ketsu who is wonderful. You also commented on Housekeeping, who do work very hard day in day out. You also mentioned the taxes, and I am sorry that they took you by surprise. We do try and be very transparent in this area during the booking stage, but I will certainly take a look at how we inform our guests to see if there is an opportunity to improve this piece of communication. Thanks again for your review and I am very happy to hear that you will be retuning to our resort next year, so I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

What a great resort to stay at! Beautiful beach, two really nice pools (the adult pool is quiet whereas the big central pool is loud and fun, and a lot of different eating options including a great beachfront bar and grill. The chicken quesadilla was awesome :) The balcony was my favorite part. We were on the 4th floor overlooking the adult pool with a view of the ocean too. I spent so much time on that balcony just enjoying the breeze, the view, even napping a couple afternoons up there! The staff is so friendly and it's connected to two other hotels with various restaurants and beach bars. I've never stayed at the same hotel twice but I will definitely if I come back to Aruba!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor otherwise the palm trees will block your view! 4th floor was perfec...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Erin

Thank you for your great review, it is very much appreciated. I love the way to you started your review with HUGH balconies, you are so right, I have never worked in a hotel with such huge balconies and it is certainly a nice feature for us to have. It really sounds you had a wonderful time and I am happy to hear that you would look to stay with us again if you return to Aruba. Again thanks for your review, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Aruba in the future.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We have spent five vacations with the wonderful folks at this resort and already have plans to return in October. Can't get enough of One Happy Island. Bev Morris at the Front desk is a joy. Great personality and such a beautiful smile! Always willing to help in any way possible. Irma and Josephine in the LaVista have been exceptionally friendly since our first visit with them. We always look for their smiling faces as soon as we walk in the door. They are true asset to the Marriott organization! Met another new "friend" in the La Vista during our trip several weeks ago...Edgard who was such a pleasure to talk with and we all hope to see him return once his schooling is finished. Housekeeper, Nelsa always smiling and pleasant. We travel extensively and must say that this organization is the friendliest and just wonderful to be around always. Absolutely a five star resort! Five star associates!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 840Jackie
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Jackie

Five vacations here and counting, very cool. Thanks for coming back again and again it is certainly appreciated. You mentioned Beverly, Josephine, Irma, Edgard and Nelsa, all of whom are superstars. Thank you so much for commenting on them, I know it will bring a huge smile to their faces (I’m smiling and you didn’t even mention me! ) Thanks again for your kind review, and I look forward to welcoming you back in October for trip number 6.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We just returned from a week long stay at the Marriott Stellaris and would recommend it to anyone looking for some relaxiation. I would agree with all the other reviews that the service individuals are extremely nice and friendly that are not standing around waiting for their tip every time they do something for you (with the exception of just one waiter at the adult pool bar - he was just a little too expecting for my taste). The adult pool is the place to hang out for some quiet time, however, the whole putting your towel on chairs at 7:30 am is very annoying and is one of the reasons I can't give this resort a perfect 5. The other reason is our specific room location. Our door faced the inteior hallway directly above the lobby & snack bar area. We could clearly hear all the buzz going on down at the 1st floor and every chair that was pushed across the floor. I inquired about moving our room and they told me they were 100% booked which I didn't believe since you didn't see a whole lot of people moving around inside and outside of the facility.

My suggestion for those hanging out at the pool all day is tip the bartender $10 right off the bat and he will work with you during "happy hours" by holding your 2 for 1 purchased drinks until you ask for them. This probably saved us a couple hundred dollars over the week long visit and amount of time we spent at the adult pool.

We would recommend dinner at Simply Fish & La Vista (especially the seafood night) and while some people might complain about the price - it was well worth every penny !!!

Overall we were very satisfield with the resort because we were looking for relaxation. This is not the place for a group to party - just nothing very exciting going on. Down the beach are a couple bar hangouts and it's very easy to walk back to your hotel on the beach at night so save yourself a few dollars on cab rides.

Room Tip: Try to avoid a room where your door faces the hallway immediately above the lobby
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear RSchu

Thanks for taking the time to write your review of our hotel, I am happy to hear you had a relaxing vacation. You commented on the friendliness of our associates, thank you for this comment. I am very lucky to work with such a great team and I know they will appreciate your kind words. You also mentioned some areas for us to work on, and I will certainly go through them with our team. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to find you a different room; it is always difficult when we are so busy. Due to the size of our resort, it may not feel busy (which is nice); however we have never been busier so it does present challenges in changing room types. Thank you again for your great comments, and apologies for the bits we missed. I hope I get to welcome you back to Aruba soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Just attended a great wedding at the Marriott while in Aruba. Everything was perfect for this wonderful ,young couple . The property is right on the ocean and is beautifully kept.The staff is very helpful and did everything they could to make the 65 guests attending the wedding happy and comfortable .The time we spent there wasperfect and this property is atrue paradise.

Room Tip: You do not spend much time in your room so house standard is fine . Their handicap rooms are also be...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear rdh105

Thanks for taking the time to write your review, I have to say the wedding you attended really did seem to be fun, lots of fun, and I am happy to hear you also had a great time. Thanks again for your wonderful review, and I hope we get to welcome you back to Aruba soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We got to spend 2 weeks in Aruba from April 20th to May 3rd. We were celebrating a milestone birthday for me and our 35th wedding anniversary. This was our 10th visit to the island since 1990. We are already booked for 2014. This hotel, the rooms, the staff and service were exemplary. We have stayed at another major US hotel just up the beach from the Marriiott but have returned to this hotel the last 6 trips. It has something for everyone. While sitting on the beach everyday, we witnessed perfect sunsets, weddings being performed, family reunions and honeymoon couples and had great conversations with repeat visitors. It is not uncommon to meet people who have been coming back to the island every year for the last 20 or 30 years. You can be a vegetable on the beach, walk to the mall, shops, restaurants, 2 great movie theaters, water shows and an array of water sports all steps from the hotel. The hotel offers a variety of dining that will accommodate all budgets. It is worth the splurge to eat at SIMPLY FISH. This restaurant has improved 1000% in the last year. You can explore town, horse back riding, jeep excursions, golf, cruises to snorkel all arranged by the concierge or hotel staff will point you in the right direction to catch a bus right outside the hotel entrance. Cabs are always available to take you to some incredible restaurants that are a little too far to walk to. A new addition on our last two visits is the adult only pool. It is a huge hit. The gym and morning classes for aerobics and zumba that are held in the main pool are so good that you don't mind working out on your vacation. We have been very fortunate to have visited many islands, none have as much to offer as Aruba. I am still missing the HAPPY ISLAND and can not wait to return. It is like going home.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms because of the balconies. It is personal preference on which view you want.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Deby

Thanks for your wonderful review, and thanks for trusting us with your vacation every year, your loyalty is truly appreciated. I do agree with you on the sunsets, they are magnificent. About once a week, my family and I spend the early evening playing on the beach while the sunsets, it is a perfect time to enjoy the view. You also mentioned Simply Fish, and I am sure the team will be delighted to read your comments; they have spent a great deal of time reinventing the experience and it sounds like it is making an impact. Thank you again for your review, and I look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!