“Great for all senses”

Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Reviewed July 1, 2013

For couples and families, this hotel becomes one of first choices for Aruba. Wonderful hall , nice staff, georgeous beach and full facilities and restaurants.
Best location in the island with services for doing whatever you would like in Aruba (shuttles, rent a car, hospitality desk...).
Beach facilites are great with an outstanding bar service ( do not hesitate to ask for piña colada at happy hours) remember you deserve it!!...
Btw ,,., walking for the beach you may access other hotels in the area comparing your pick was the best deal!...

Room Tip: Rooms on the top are quieter than first and second floor, specially for the casino attendants...
2  Thank Gabilondo72
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Gabilondo

Thanks for your great review, I love the title “Great for all senses”. Of course I am biased, but I do agree with you that our hotel is "the best location on the island with services for doing whatever you would like in Aruba". Thanks for your comments on our service, I am very fortunate to work with such a great team. Again thank you for your review, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Aruba for more piña colada’s, you deserve it!

Matt Knights, Hotel Manager, Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,187)

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at the Marriott Stellaris recently and we had a great time! The hotel is very clean, rooms are spacious and it's built in a way that any room facing the ocean has an amazing view. There is an adult-only pool, which is peaceful and relaxing, though we didn't spend much time here. The beach was very clean. You can lay out on a beach chair or reserve a palapa the night before for a fee or come back at 7 am to reserve one for free. We were able to get a palapa for free a few times early in the morning. Once the hotel got full with 2 wedding parties, the line for the palapa at 6:30 am was already long! We didn't mind not having one though and were able to get chairs in the shade or sun by the pool, depending on our preference that day. Another thing we liked is that this hotel is located pretty much at the end/beginning of the high rise hotel strip and you don't have a ton of people walking by the hotel when you're relaxing by the pool. The other hotels on the strip are more open and people are walking right by your chair when you're relaxing. That's not the case here at all! The food here is great also. We went to the all you can eat buffet a few times since the menu changes daily. Their Italian night was the best! Overall we had a very nice stay and wouldn't mind coming back to this hotel again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the south side on the 7th floor. Amazing view of the pool and ocean and no noise fr...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nycmd08
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear nycmd08

Thank you for your great review about our resort, it sounds like you and your fiance had a wonderful time. I have to say, the pictures you posted of the sunsets are spectacular and for anyone else reading your review, yes the sunsets really are that stunning. Thanks again for taking the time to write your review it is very much appreciated.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I had my wedding here on June 14th, and I couldn't have been happier with how everything went! First off, the Marriott is a beautiful hotel with a great beach. It is a little bit further from the restaurants and bars but the walk isn't bad at all. The pools are great. All of my wedding guests had a great time hanging out in the pool and using the swim up bar. My husband and I had a govoner suit with an incredible view on the 5th floor. All of the staff were very nice and very accomidating. The Marriott provided great service and really made us feel special during our stay.

Ilaina Franco was my wedding planner and did such an amazing job. I feel like she became my friend more than my wedding planner. I am a very picky and detail oriented person and she had every detail under control and made sure everything came out perfectly. We had a very tight schedule and everything needed to happen at a certain time and it did! The wedding flowed so smoothly and all of my guests had a great time. We had our ceremony on the beach, the cocktail hour by la Vista patio, and the dinner and reception at the adult pool. The ceremony decorations were perfect and I couldn't have been happier with how all of the flowers, and table centerpieces turned out. We worked with Arlette for the ceremony decorations. The arch was beautiful and the gold chiavari chairs matched great. Geoffrey did the ceremony and he was wonderful. Everyone was laughing and crying. He really made our wedding memorable. The food was outstanding. I could cut my steak with a butter knife. I gave Ilaina a picture of what I wanted the cake to look like, and it was exactly like the picture. We had DJ Tino for our reception and everyone loved him. It was cool to see all the people on their patios coming out to watch. Jason Margarita did our photography and all of the pictures were beautiful. I am so glad I have all of those great memories captured. Ilaina is such a gifted wedding planner, and I hope she knows how much she impacted my husband and I's lives.

The Marriott is a great hotel to stay at in Aruba and my husband and I will be back soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Laurie B

Dear Laurie

Thanks for your Fantastic review, it really is appreciated. I am very happy to hear that you had the “Perfect Wedding”. You are correct when you say lliana is amazing, we are very lucky to have her lead our Events team. Reading you review made me wish that I had been a guest at your wedding, it sounds awesome. Thanks again for your review, and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

My husband, daughter and I recently returned from a week's vacation. Our first impression was awesome! The bell hops and front desk staff were very welcoming and the cool cloth and cold drink were very nice. I was a little disappointed that we were on the 3rd floor since long ago when we made the reservation I had requested a premium oceanview higher level floor. I know that it's not a guarantee but had hoped that making the reservation so early, we would have been up a little higher. The room was fabulous - very large compared to most hotels. Loved the large bathroom with 2 sinks, walk in closet and large balcony to take in the beautiful views. Housekeeping did an outstanding job of keeping our room clean all week. We enjoyed the little homemade card that Mariana made for us. We had many quick breakfasts in the lobby cafe before we set off for the day and all of the ladies we encountered were very friendly, especially Nora who used my husband and my name each time she saw us! We reserved the free huts each day at 4 or at 7 in the morning. That was kind of a pain having to disrupt the afternoon or get up early while on vacation, but it's the best way to make sure that we had a spot with some coverage. I wish I could remember the the name of the guy who helped us with our towels. After the first time he helped us, a couple days later when he helped us again, he remembered the hut we were previously in - what a memory! The water is so calm and was perfect for just floating around and relaxing. It is very windy, so there is sand blowing, but without the wind the heat would be very uncomfortable. We had the breakfast buffet one morning at the Vista and it was delicious! So many choices!!! All of the staff there were also wonderful. This hotel is a bit away from all of the restaurants and shopping, but it's a $6 cab ride to take you to where the action is. Also, after 6:00 in the evening there is a cart shuttle that will take you to end of all of the Marriott properties and then it's just about a 5 minute walk. The one area that was lacking in service was the concierge. I was very happy that I had booked all of our tours before the trip (based on trip advisor) because unless it was a DePalm tour, they really didn't have much to say. What was really disappointing is that I was trying to get some good recommendations for a fun place to go to celebrate my birthday and each day I asked someone else because no one really wanted to give me any ideas. The last person I talked to was Raquela (sp?) and she was the most helpful, but everyone else I dealt with I felt like I was imposing by asking where I should go on the island - after all isn't that supposed to be their expertise? I must say after reading some of the other reviews about special things done for birthdays and anniversaries, I felt a little left out:( Overall, we had an excellent time and we would definitely return to this hotel. One final note - when we got to the airport, my daughter realized that she had forgotten her phone charger in the room. I called the hotel hoping that someone would at some point be out by the airport (our flight had been delayed so we were going to be there for awhile) and could drop it off - not possible. OK could you mail it? For $25. Forget it. It's too bad there wasn't something that could have been done in order for us to get the charger - that's a time that going above and beyond would have been nice.

5  Thank rpbMI

Dear rpbMI

Thanks for writing such a great review. Some wonderful comments and some spots for us to work on, thanks for feedback. You are right; our rooms are fabulous, we really are lucky to work with such a great Marriott product. You mentioned the beach palapa’s, and I have to say that it certainly is difficult for all of the major beach hotels to manage this area, all of Aruba’s beautiful beach’s are public, and as such the number of palapa’s we have is not regulated by the hotel. I do feel that we offer a very fair approach to getting a palapa, which allows some to be given out in the morning for the next day, some in the afternoon and some at a small price. Of course the system is not perfect, and not everyone may get a palapa every day during peak season. Recognizing this we did add an additional pool last year, which has become very popular with out adult guests. You also mentioned Mariana, who I agree does an outstanding job in Housekeeping, I will be sure to thank her for you. Again Thank you for your review, and apologies for the areas that we let you down on.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Our second stay in Aruba, in April, was at the Marriott. We always stay at Marriotts when we travel for work so it's usually a no brainer. The Hyatt in Aruba where we spent our first visit there several years ago is a nicer property overall for location and service but it is MUCH smaller and more $$$. The the club level amenities at the Marriott make it worth the stay if you upgrade. Great breakfast, lunch and happy hour + private beach - worth the extra $$. You really can't go wrong in Aruba anywhere!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PittsfordMom001
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Elizabeth

Thank you for your review, it is very much appreciated. You are spot on with your Club Level comment, our Tradewinds club is worth the extra cost, as it does provide a nice adult only experience. Thanks again for your kind words, and I look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Aruba.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Recently Stayed 6 nights at this very nice hotel. It has two pools, one for everyone and an adults only pool which you can not beat if you are looking for a quiet and relaxing time. The beach is very clean and as calm as a lake. You could not beat the service. From the people working at the desk to John who set up our beach chairs every morning everyone we encountered was friendly and helpful. We unfortunately encountered a problem our first night when we went to a restaurant outside the property and the waitress lost our credit card. When we went back to the hotel, we decided we needed to cancel our credit card immediately and requested Reshna at the front desk for assistance. She used the front desk phone to help us call our credit card company back in the USA. Seeing that we were upset due to the circumstances, she ordered a bottle of wine, with two wine glasses and a generous supply of peanuts be sent to our room at no charge. I wonder how many hotels would do that. Not many. My complements to this hotel for their staff, and of course many thanks to Reshna for trying to make a difficult moment feel better. I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

3  Thank beringer18

Dear beringer18

Thank you so much for your stunning review; it certainly gave us all a smile this morning. You commented on both Reshma and John and you really hit the mark as these are both exceptional associates within our team. I am very happy that we were able to assist you with your credit card, and ensure that your vacation did not get impacted negatively by it. It does not matter that you had the challenge while enjoying another restaurant on the island; our job is to ensure that you have a great vacation and it sounds like Reshma made this happen for you. Thanks again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Aruba again soon.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Hey Matt, im researching a honeymoon for my Husband and I in July 2013 and decided to read the reviews on trip advisor. Just due to the fact that you, the hotel manager takes the time to respond to every review means i know Customer service is at the forefront for this hotel! Keep up the good work! You just made me decide to book here! ;)

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Toronto_Girl15
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Toronto_girl15

Thank you for writing such a nice note, you really made my day. It is not easy replying to all the reviews each day, but it is important for me to receive all the feedback (good and not so good) as this is the only way we can improve. Nowhere is perfect but as long as we constantly try to be better, we will stay ahead. I look forward to welcoming you to our resort where you will get to meet some amazing associates.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4 mi away
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!