“Great Place”

Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Our stay at the Marriot Stellaris (3/20-3/24) was wonderful. The grounds were beautiful, rooms comfortable and cleaned everyday. We loved having a his and hers sink area in the bathroom, very helpful when your trying to get ready together. The staff was really nice and accomodating. Overall we can't wait to go back to Aruba
Helpful hints:
Happy hour between 12pm -1pm and again between 3pm - 5pm. 2 drinks for price of 1
Adult pool for relaxing, Main pool for happy hour fun.
Get to pool early to get particular chair/area - people were claiming their chairs at 7am.
Beach Palpalas - this was somewhat frustrating. Make sure you reserve these the first day you arrive because they book up very quickly. I don't want to be overly critical but I felt the that the staff could have been a little more empathic. The words "I'm sorry" could really go a long way to ease the frustration in trying to reserve the palpalas.
Casino - I heard the Stellaris had the best casino on the island but I would beg to differ. We found that they did not have a crap table which was disppointing so we hit the Radison instead.
Location - This resort is at the end of the strip. Although a cab ride is not expensive, if you want to be closer to the night life then I would suggest picking something towards the middle or beginning of the hotel strip.
Beach - beautiful and clean. I found the water not very clear and the bottom on ocean to be soft and mushy similar to lake water. This was strange being that its ocean water but that didn't stop us from enjoying the water. The hotel also supplies free cold water by the beach bar.
Welcome bags - There's a second desk near the secondary elevators where they try to give you welcome bags and then try to get you to sign up for a timeshare presentation - just walk past the desk if you are not interested.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cris1577

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Took our first trip to Aruba in February 2013 and stayed at the Marriott Aruba Resort & Casino. First, was very happy with the Marriott. Very friendly staff, everthing was clean, and unlike some reviews, we did not have anyone trying to get us to listen to any timeshare info on the Marriott. Loved the new adult pool but feel they need to change the towel saving of the chairs. If you weren't up by 6:30a to go put a towel on a chair or two then you probably won't get one. I think that a "no saving" rule needs to be implemented. Nice swim up pool bar at the properties other pool and had great live music! Aruba is a fantastic place to visit. I have traveled to several other Islands but felt this was one of the cleanest and safest Islands to visit!! Very good restaurants right at the hotel and many within walking distance from the beach side!! Will definitely go to Aruba again and would definitely consider staying at the Marriott or one of it's "sister" resorts!

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the adult pool and I would definitely request that again. Very quiet and...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was my first time visiting the island of Aruba.I traveled alone to escape the NJ winter weather.When I arrived at the hotel, everyone was very friendly, attentive and polite. I was taken right away to the check in desk. I was greeted with a cocktail. Check in was a breeze, no wait time at all. I reserved a room with a partial ocean view, but when I checked in I was upgraded to the 8th floor with a full ocean view! Awesome! I was able to see the the main pool, the beach and the beautiful turquoise Caribbean Sea. It looked like a picture postcard with all of the boats floating on the ocean. I loved looking at the sunrise and the sunset. The rooms were nice, average, but a nice room and it was spacious. The bed was comfortable.

Both pools and the beach are great. If you want more quiet and relaxation, stick with the adult pool. My only issue is I had to get up at the crack of dawn to grab a beach chair. That is so crazy to me. When I am on vacation I like to sleep in, but really couldn't because I had to grab a pool chair before they were all taken. Palapas on the beach can be difficult to get also, however I got lucky and I was able to get one the day I went to the beach.

I did go the the casino, and at one point I actually won about $90 dollars on the slots. I wanted to play some table games, but did not know how to play. It would be great if the casino gave lessons, maybe during the day when the casino is less active.

I ate at La Vista restaurant most of the time. Since I was traveling solo this was the easiest place to have meals without feeling self-conscious. There was a;ways lots of variety since I could order from the menu or take advantage of the buffet. Prices are not cheap, but that is typical of hotel restaurants. the staff at La vista was always nice to me. Keith (or Kevin? sorry I am bad with names ) was very nice to me when I came for dinner. I also took advantage of the cafe in the lobby when I wanted something quick to eat. They also have really good gelato.

Next time I come to Aruba, will definitely stay at the Marriott . The staff at this hotel was wonderful, everyone was so polite and helpful and made my trip very enjoyable

Room Tip: Higher floors have the best view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Cheryl J
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Our first trip to Aruba. We were a little nervous about our room because we requested two beds. We are a family of four with two girls 20 and 24. We arrived at the hotel a bit early and had to wait 30 minutes, we were worried. When we got our room we were pleasantly surprised. The room was beautiful, two queen size beds, walk in closet, large bathroom with two sinks, large patio, fridge, coffee maker, great bedding, hard wood floors, lots of power outlets, great a/c, helpful staff and our housekeeper went above and beyond. ( I wish I could bring her home with us.) With the reviews I was concerned about the cabana issues but we paid 20 and 25 for two days in the shade.......well worth it. YOUR NEED 70 SUNBLOCK and Clear zinc oxide or you will burn. Loved our location, staff, pool, beach, shelling, accommodations. Looking forward to returning. We rented a car...but mainly walked to everything.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank KeoweeKaren
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I had a mix up on my reservations and showed up a day early (my fault). Since I travel a lot, this was not the first time I had this type of issue. The hotel was completely booked BUT they went out of their way to get me set up in another hotel. Even after I did not want to pay the rack rates for places they found, they came back and worked with me to use my Marriott points for the stay.
When I returned, everything that they could control about this hotel was exceptional. The only slight downside is the location - some other hotels are much closer to places to eat or go to off the hotel grounds.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This was our 4th trip to the Island and stay at the Marriott Stellaris. I cry every time I have to leave. The staff treat you like family. The hotel is wonderful, the staff goes out of their way and the beach is a paradise. Ruth Chris Steak House is best place for steaks. There are others that come close but Ruth Chris is awesome. Melinda front desk manager has gone above and beyond for us. On our last visit in February, we celebrated our 30th Anniversary at the Marriott and she arranged a surprise for us in our room. She is an absolute angel on one Happy Island.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views of the ocean.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank C D
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for a few days and the service was terrific. The maids were friendly and did a great job. Our room overlooked the Serenity pool thanks to the Best front desk person ever, Beverly M, and her manager Randolph. They could not have been any nicer.

The serenity pool area was a beautiful addition to this resort.

I highly recommend the Marriott Aruba Resort and of course ask for Beverly M at the front desk.

ScubaMark

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side have morning sun and great views
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!