“Didn't feel the casino being there at all” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Lima, Peru
“Didn't feel the casino being there at all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I went there with my mom; we spent a week there together.

Even if it's a casino hotel, I would not rule out the idea of a family hotel. There were many families with kids, who were mostly spending their time at the pool or at the beach. It is also ideal for couples, and for single people who want to have fun. We are not gamblers, and didn't even feel the casino being there.

The hotel is ideally located- you can enjoy lovely walks along the shore. You can even walk to other resorts nearby or, for instance, go to the mall. What we also did was rent a car to visit nearby beaches that are more secluded than the ones at the hotel, for some peace and quiet. They are worth visiting.

Food quality is also good. Breakfast especially. You can even have it in your room.

The room we were in had a weird stain on the wall and before we would even ask, they changed us to another room; the service is really great. The rooms all have nice views- but obviously the ones that face the ocean are much better than the ones facing the pool, which can be noisy sometimes. Rooms on the Southern side could satisfy you want some silence.

I especially liked the beach, not being much of a pool person. I could read a book there perfectly at ease, with a drink and some food from the hotel, marvellous.

Room Tip: If you're picky with rooms, ask well before getting one. Some are noisier than others, and some...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank natalia c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,645)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We always sat near the pool site and then spent a long walk along the beach to the left and right sides of the hotel. Food was great. We went for a wedding at near by resort. It was a nice walking distance to other resorts and shopping malls.

What I did not like was smoke from the casino. We tried to avoid walking the other end of the building where it was far from the casino. Food was offered all night. You could eat any time. It was safe to walk at night. A bowling place was not far from the hotel. We enjoyed walking along the road side too.

Room Tip: The price and service was great. We love Aloe drink. It made us feel fresh up and cool. If you do no...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank MeKat513
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We came here for a vacation with our 2 children ( teenagers). Overall, it was a fantastic trip and property. We stayed in the south tower on the 6 th floor. It was a great view of the pool and ocean. It was worth the upgrade to partial ocean view as we love sitting out on the balcony. I believe 4 th floor and below are a bit cheaper as they still have nice views inane cases, but after the 5 th floor you don't risk palm trees blocking your view. Everyone who worked here was very friendly. Honesty besides a couple of members of the concierge team that were only modestly pleasant and helpful- the rest of the staff made up for it. Housekeeping, front desk and most servers in the restaurants were wonderful. Of course it's not cheap to eat on the resort, but no more than we expected it to be. The breakfast buffet wasn't cheap but a great treat to eat outside and had a yummy selection. We were able to request a table outside everyday we wanted without any wait. The pools were busy as was the beach, however it was school vacation week and we got chairs without a problem each day. We bounced back and forth from the pool and beach - chairs were always available on the beach. If you want an umbrella near the pool you do need to get up early to reserve it. We rented. Car for the day to go to baby beach from hertz right on property; which was easy and convenient. The adult pool is magnificent! So relaxing- the resort had a great mix of families, and younger and older couples. We were debating between the hyatt and marriott and are glad we decided on this. Although the hyatt has a beautiful open air lobby ( my only wish for the marriott) the hyatt didn't have balconies you could sit out on; which would have been a negative for us. Overall a great trip and great island that felt really safe- both in taxis ad venturing out at night in our own.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank romred4
Moorestown, nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had an absolutely fabulous time at the Stellaris. I went with my husband for 5 nights without our 2 year old, and upgraded to the Tradewinds. We had some concerns from prior reviews but I have to say that it was all I expected and more.

Upon arrival we were greeted and taken up to the Tradewinds to check in. IT was 2pm, so they were taking lunch away. So that we didn't' miss the food, Margaret had us put our check in on hold so that I could get some food, everyone went out of there way to get us drinks and some wraps. We then checked in on the 8th floor to 837. There was NO noise from the casino below, no smell of smoke. For that matter, unless I was on top of the casino, I never thought the smell was overwhelming or annoying. Every person I encountered during our stay said hello with a smile.

The food in the Tradewinds was great. I would repeat whatever one else has said and give details, but always fresh, and always good, and we did take beers down to the pool multiple times as well as fruit etc.

We had breakfast once on our balcony which we took out from La Vista. This was very good.

We ate twice at Ruth Chris as we were so tired those days and weren't up to walking too far. The service and food were excellent. The chopped salad was my favorite.

The food from Waves and the pool bar was great, and we loved the 3-5 happy hour, and the Miami Vice drink was great.

The location was perfect for us. We loved being at the end of the beach but able to walk to other bars and restaurants along the strip. We walked down to the Westin twice and really enjoyed Bugaloe Bar on the pier. It had a fantastic view of the sunset, as well as great food. We also ate at Playa De Linda's italian restaurant, Azzulla, great food and a fantastic view.

Hermina, at the Tradewinds Beach was absolutely amazing. She is so accommodating and sweet. I did get up early, and usually I would be in the 2nd row of the palapas.

The construction also was not nearly the issue I heard it could be. I never heard it unless sitting on the Tradewinds beach, and even there I often forgot about it.

The one thing I will say was unexpected, we booked this trip without our daughter expecting a private low key relaxing time with each other. we thought we would spend most of our time at the Adult Pool. However, this was not the case. The adult pool is like 'MATURE adult', very quiet. Let's just say, I wouldn't feel comfortable with a case of the sneezes in that area. You could hear a pin drop. We definitely preferred the beach, and main pool areas, with music, interesting people to talk to, and socialization.

I would certainly go back. However, we would take our 2 year old next time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Karyn K
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a great property, up to usual Marriott standard - Marriott are consistent as ever. Great facilities with nice pool and beach but there is a real problem with beach/pool chairs and shade. There are a limited number that can be reserved at no extra cost to the point that people waste a vast amount of there holiday queuing. This reservation system is compounding the issue and needs to resolved quickly.
Good restaurant options in the hotel and offsite.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Wescosville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Full disclosure: I stayed at this hotel for free.
It was paid for using Marriott traveler points, so there was no other option for us of where to stay in Aruba. Overall, the property was very nice. The building, the rooms, the pool, the beach, the landscaping, everything was very nice. The biggest gripe I have was with the public restrooms, i.e. by the pool/beach area. They could have been nicer and tended to a bit more carefully. I have been to other resorts and have never had this complaint before.
The beach area is nice, and there are an abundance of chairs to be had for lounging on the beach. The water is calm and the sand is clean. Once in the water, the sand gets a bit mushy and at points emits an unpleasing odor at times.
We purchased liquor at the duty free shop before we got to the hotel as to ease the burden on the wallet at the hotel/pool bars. We bought mixers and canned beers at the gift shop in the hotel. The hotel had a cafe that we would grab a sandwich or a bagel in the morning and would head out on the town for lunch/ or dinner.The lobby cafe was reasonable in price and you could grab a nice sized sandwich for about $9-$10.
The Casino was smokey and I had no luck! If you are expecting a Las Vegas or Atlantic City sized casino at any of the resorts, think again. They are small, but have all the games you would be interested in. It was fun to go in after a late night of drinking and watch people gamble and see what was going on. They usually had a late night band playing so you could listen, have a night cap and people watch.
The island itself was pretty fun. Everything we needed was in walking distance. There was plenty of nightlife and places to dine. My favorite place to dine of the 5 day trip being Salt and Pepper. Salt and Pepper specializes in tapas and was great. The after hours "secret" is the Windmill. Check it out! It is literally a windmill and they get really busy after the other bars shut down. The base of the mill is the bar and they just blast club music and sling drinks. I don't know how late they stay open because I never made it that late! Definitely a cool place to check out. A very young crowd.
We took the bus into the capital, Oranjestad, for an afternoon. It was nice. It is a port for the huge cruise ships that come in. It was cool to get away from our area for a few hours. We did no other trips or sightseeing. This was strictly a relaxation trip. We were on the beach at 11am, drinks by noon, naps by the water, watch the sunset and go out to eat and drink afterwards. We accomplished everything we wanted, which was absolutely nothing!
Overall, it was an awesome trip. I would definitely go back to Aruba. I think the hotel was beautiful, but we walked around the others and think that there were a few I would try before I would go back to this one, if for no other reason than that I would want to try something else.

Room Tip: We had a nice room on the 3rd floor overlooking the pool area. The balcony was spacious and we coul...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank nickmike432
Salem, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Our family has stayed here twice. It really is a very tranquil relaxing resort. We have time share at the Surf club and use this place sometimes for a few days before check in. The pool is nice and quit... the tranquil area is gorgeous. As always with Marriott properties be prepared to pay thru the nose for your drinks and food here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 2theT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,678 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,810 reviews
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,311 reviews
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,148 reviews
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!