“VERY Nice”

Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
New York
“VERY Nice”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This hotel has many great features. Rooms are very clean, modern and spacious. The views of the sea are beautiful if you stay on the inside sections rooms overlooking the gorgeous ocean and make sure U get on the patios to view the breathtaking sunsets. The pools and jacuzzi are very nice. Restaurants for breakfast have a great variety. try to eat one night by the restaurant on the beach. Great food views and atmosphere, try to reserve if possible. The Casino is fun if you don't get carried away as it has a mix of all types of games and ample tables. The hotel bar has some great drinks from its menu try the Orange Citron Mojito its out of this world. The turn down staff has great chocolates the kids LOVED and will give U more if you ask. Its a very fun place to stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank RYBA1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,680)
Chicago
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Hello! Beautiful hotel, but we were given a room right above the lounge and near the casino. Didn't sleep because it was so noisy all night. We moved to a different room on the same floor, that was directly over the restaurant. Horrible because they shuffled chairs snd tables under us cleaning all night!! I was so sleep deprived, I could have cried .Finally I begged for a room on a higher floor. Even though we paid for an upgraded view, we ended up with an ugly view, but at least I got to sleep the last 2 nights of my trip. If you stay here, ask for a higher floor to prevent this from happening to you. Everything else was awesome!! Friendly people and good food!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Greeneyed
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I just got back from my trip today, I was there last week; let me say that I was very pleased with the appearance of the resort check in was quick, our luggage was sent up to our room VERY quickly. The room was very nice, it also had a small refrigerator.

The pool was very nice equipped with a "swim up" bar, the beach was great I was able to reserve a palapa everyday ( just reserve it at 4pm for the next day) if you don't want to do that you can pay a small fee.

The food, the food was very good, but VERY EXPENSIVE, there is a "store" in the lobby a bottle of aquafina water (regular size) was $2.54, and a almond joy candy bar was $1.40, the "deli" that was in the middle of the lobby has fruit salad for $11.00, the marriott burger (from the room service menu & beach side service) was $15.00, I will however tell you all to get the "gorilla milk" that drink was the best you can get it from the bar on the beach. I will admit on my last night I went to Ruth Chris (Yum), La Vista has a buffet that is around $39.00 and half priced for kids under 12.

You can also get some good reasonably priced food from Champions, it is a sports bar located on the marriott ocean club, (right next to the spa). This is a kid friendly sports bar, tuesday and friday is karaoke night and they have some really good specials (ie: 2 burgers + fries for $15.00) If you want you can go out to the front of the hotel and ask for a shuttle to take you to the surf club (another marriott resort, 2 buildings over) & shop at their "grocery" store they offer a lot more, like milk, cereal, bread, cold-cuts, etc.. as the surf club has "kitchenette" type rooms.

The gym is 24 hours, you use your card-key for entry they have a lot of things, weights, treadmills, etc..

After the pool and swimming at beach if you don't want to do a lot you can always sit in the lobby, which was great (theres Wi-Fi in the lobby) and there is a cabaret (?) singer that was there on Wednesday and Friday, he sang a variety of songs, that all ages and backgrounds sung along to, there is also a bar in the middle of the lobby, the lobby was a favorite hang out for a lot of the guest before and after dinner, some people purchased food from the 24 hr "deli" and ate in the lobby, and yes it is a big lobby.

There is also a game room for the kids, they will enjoy it.

The staff was very friendly, and helpful the housekeeper kept the room spotless. The only thing that I will say is a draw back was the fact that there was not a laundry room for guest to use to wash there own clothes,

I will be back, if your looking for a place to stay in Aruba, this is the best choice

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean side room so you don't have to look at the construction
7 Thank PLBG
Atlanta
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Third time in the last 5 years staying at the Marriott. It's still the best value for the money in Aruba (my opinion of course). The Hyatt down the street is very nice but is usually a bit more pricey if you're not using your points.
I'll focus on the other stuff since most reviews focus on the food and restaurants:
The para sailing is fantastic once you get up the nerves to do it. The water tube ride is also thrilling, if you don't like being in the air. If you prefer being on the ground, try 3 or 5 hr tour of the island. This was a nice way to get to know the island and venture off of the Marriott's grounds. The tour goes by a butterfly farm, California lighthouse, church, the place where the natural bridge used to be and a few more spots. Nice way to spend the day. The submarine tour is interesting. You're only 5 feet beneath the surface and you may not see that many fish, but it's different.
One word of caution...there is construction on both sides of the Marriott Stellaris. One side, they are building an adult only pool, which is due to be complete by mid fall. On the other side they are building the Ritz Carlton. The construction never bothered us though.
Hope this was helpful to someone. Enjoy!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank bogie27
Billerica, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 24, 2011

The best hotel on the island. Great staff everywhere. Our room was cleaned impeccably every day by Yokasta. She also took time to leave several surprises for our two young daughters. Viviana, at the DePalm desk, was wonderful to speak to and gave us several good dinner tips. On the beach, Henel worked tirelessly, hour after hour, and always with a smile on his face and pleasant words for the guests. Hermina is also a pleasure to speak to an she's great with the guests, especially kids.

This was our 3rd stay. We'll definitely be back.

2 Thank Markef5
Independence, Kentucky
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Well, my family and I just returned from a week in Aruba, our first trip to the Island. Having explored nearly every other Island in the Caribbean, Aruba was a real surprise! I performed my ususal "due diligence" when researching hotels, etc for our trip and found that the Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino had consistently received high marks. I rely greatly on reviews like this one, so you will excuse me if I get a little long winded in my reveiew. Upon our arrival at the hotel the exterior appearance is OK. Don't get me wrong here, the property is covered in lush tropical vegitation and palm trees, but the facade of the hotel is a bit blah. No worries though, once you pass through the entrance corridor into the lobby area you will be certain that you have made a good choice. the lobby is very nice and spacious with several food/beverage options. We especially enjoyed the lobby cafe for morning coffee and pastries (very high quality I might add). Prices were reasonable and no more than you would expect to pay at your corner coffee shop. Within the lobby you will also find shopping, bar, concierge, etc. We booked our trip as a package online with air and ended up with a room on the 7th floor (764). Each floor of the hotel is painted in bright caribbean colors with dark wood slat doors. Our room faced the north side of the property, so partially looking at the construction site next door. The construction begins at around 0630 each morning and while there was a bit of noise, it did not affect us to any degree. Our view was fine, we could easily see the beach and caribbean sea from our balcony. The rooms were very clean by caribbean standards, thats not to say the caribbean is dirty, but the hotel sits on the beach, right? The beds were firm, a bit much so for my wife, but I slept just fine. The bathroom was spacious with double bowl sinks, also very clean. On a scale of 1-10 I would rate our room an 8.5. The pool area is beautiful. The service at the pool bar was a bit sluggish at times, but adequate. The pool area chairs and tables are in very good condition. The pool area transitions to the beach by way of several sidewalks, this area is spectacular. There are palapas/palm huts on the beach, some are first-come and others are by reservation only. The process to reserve these is explained at check-in, but we found the space available was adequate for the number of guests on the property during our stay. The beach is very nice and the water is shallow and calm, great for families or those that are a bit overwhelmed by swimming in the sea. While we didn't eat at the hotel much, we did have lunch at La Vista (patio) one afternoon and it was fantastic. Prices are what you would expect from a hotel restaurant, but the food quality was very good. Our family loved the Marriott and we will not hesitate to return here on our next trip to Aruba. Now, Aruba is a small island, but I would HIGHLY recommend renting a vehicle BEFORE you arrive. Expect to pay 2-3 times the $ if you wait until you arrive. Driving is easy and traffic is limited to the downtown areas. I would hardly consider it to be traffic at all by US standards. Don't be afraid to drive here, while the roads could be marked a bit better, there a few options to get you lost. A good map of the island will get you anywhere you want to go. I would suggest a car for your entire visit, but at a minimum half of the time. Hotel parking at the Marriott is FREE and there is plenty of space. Cab fare from/to the airport will cost you $28.00 plus gratuity each way, add a few tours and you have exceeded the cost of a rental car for the week. With your car you can make your own "tours" daily. Among the must see places are: Baby beach, Arashi Beach, Malmock beach, Eagle beach ( The best on Aruba, in the Low-rise area just 5 mins south of the Marriott) California lighthouse, Casabari rock formations and Arikok natural park and of course downtown Oranjestad. If you stay at the hotel you will miss most of what makes Aruba special. The Arubian people are very friendly and the island is safe, just take normal precautions you would take in any major US city and you will be just fine. get out and explore the island, you will not be disappointed! Overall we rate Aruba a 9.5. We loved it and we can't wait to go back!

9 Thank bfjmed
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Everyone very friendly and courteous. Seek out Augustin, very knowledgeable about local restaurants and things to do. He also makes a great spicy sauce for breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Charlie J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!