Stayed here October 2013 for our honeymoon.
Pros: As recommended by other TA reviewers, we mentioned we were HMers and received a bottle of complimentary Champagne sent to our room (after a couple of friendly reminders to the front desk during the week). It's also worth mentioning we received two $50 credits to use at local restaurants near the hotel. We used ours at Ruinas Del Mar (at the Hyatt) the first night, which was well worth it. It appeared the credits were issued by the Aruba Tourism department, so it might be worth asking if any restaurant credits are available when you visit.
Other Pros: Adequate, clean room; gorgeous beach/water as well as pool; mostly friendly staff; relatively easy check-in process; close to other hotels/restaurants/activities within walking or short cab distance; able to get a palapa all five days we stayed without paying to reserve one (after 4 pm each day, people line up to reserve palapas for the following day--we just waited out the crowd and went at like 4:30 and there were plenty left); we enjoyed massages at the spa with their $89/50 min weekday deal; other clientele staying there (mostly) were respectful of others at the beach, save for a large, loud group on Thu-Fri there for a wedding (we moved over to another palapa that day, as the beach is basically self-policing with no rules against noise or smoking cigarettes/cigars).
Cons: While drinks were reasonably priced and tasty ($9 for cocktails and $6 for beers, with a 2-for-1 happy hour from 4-6 every day), the restaurants at the hotel itself didn't impress us. We did a $22 breakfast buffet (decent meal but too pricey for breakfast--who can eat $22 worth of breakfast foods?) and then sit-down meals at Castaways for breakfast ($11-12) each day after that. (We did lunch once at Castaways, which was adequate for our first meal after landing in Aruba on Day 1.) We didn't have dinner at the Radisson during our five-night stay (they do have a restaurant, but we didn't think the seating was near enough to the beach to make it worth trying).
Also: when you review your bill at the end of your stay, check it twice. We found that each day we were charged $3 for "Environmental Levy" and $1 for a children's charity we'd never heard of. The front desk waived both fees after we asked them to (we would have wanted to vet any charity we donated to, and didn't like the way Radisson snuck it in there).
All in all we felt Radisson was a good value if you're more concerned with lounging and drinking at the beach than eating your meals at the hotel. We would consider staying at Radisson again, but may also consider some of the runners up we passed on the first time in the Palm-Eagle Beach area.
P.S. There's an awesome orange cat that hangs out by Castaways, particularly in the mornings. If you see him, say hi for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated on the largest stretch of Aruba’s picturesque white sand Palm Beach, the iconic oceanfront Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino, known as the “Grande Dame of Aruba,” is a casually elegant, 15-acre tropical haven catering to the most discerning travelers. More than 350 guest rooms and suites, each featuring their own private balcony or patio, welcome with a tropical, serene ambiance and feature modern amenities such as Wi-Fi access and LCD TV. Guests can indulge in five extraordinary dining options, including the award-winning Sunset Grille, Gilligan’s Beach Grill Restaurant, romantic La Playa torchlight dinners and more. Acclaimed for its Vegas-style play, the resort’s casino features table games, slot machines and tournaments. A sanctuary of relaxation, the beachfront eforea spa entices with a Japanese-inspired bamboo relaxation area, outdoor cabana and exclusive treatments. The resort boasts activities including watersports such as diving, snorkeling, sailing and windsurfing; two zero-entry pools, bicycle rentals, Kids Club, Discover Program and more, perfect for the entire family. With distinctive Aruban flair, the resort is renowned for its friendly and professional service, and is ideally situated near countless island activities, including shopping and nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino And Spa
- Radisson Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Radisson Palm/Eagle Beach
- Aruba Radisson
- Raddison Aruba
- Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino Palm - Eagle Beach