We just arrived back from the Radisson yesterday and we have to say it was a great trip. The grounds are kept clean along with our room. Everyone in the organization was friendly and helpful. The beach is great and Happy Hour was wet! The Radisson seemed to have ample entertainment. Usually some singing at Happy Hour, at the wine and martini bar at night, and in the casino. Yes, our room was facing the Riu parking lot but it did not bother us since we do not hibernate in our room. Also, the rooms are quiet and you do not usually hear your neighbor. Again people this is not a five star hotel room. It is a hotel with a five star beach!
We did sample some of the food from Gilligan's and it was good quality food for a beach eatery. The location was wonderful with restaurants and shops across the street. Last year we stayed down the beach and we preferred this hotel location to meet our needs. One other note is to attend the Managers Party. The Radisson had a nice party and gave away some very nice prizes. Really above and beyond what we expected.
Please bring bug spray or buy some when you arrive because currently the mosquitoes are biting on a regular basis. My wife has nine bites to prove the point and we usually sprayed. The only things we did not like about the Radisson were that in the casino the dealers change about every 10 minutes or less. Playing some table games it just seemed you never got a feel for the dealer. The other item was our final bill. We had $150 in drinks credits to use. When we got the bill it only had about $92 in credits. Luckily we kept receipts since other reviews mentioned this problem. There was no problem getting it corrected but when we went to the front desk the one worker said " Oh you kept your receipts"? It was just a obstacle that was not necessary since we were down at the desk getting it corrected at 12:30 a.m. the night before flying home. The way the charges are listed on the bill are deceiving and need to be addressed to make it easier for their night accountant and for the customer.
Again, great resort and if you stop to think about all the scheduling for the entire Radisson team of employees it is amazing how smooth things run. We tip our hats to the people behind the scenes and in the spotlight!!
We will have restaurant reviews for Passions, Madame Janette,s and others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated on the largest stretch of Aruba’s picturesque white sand Palm Beach, the iconic oceanfront Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino, known as the “Grande Dame of Aruba,” is a casually elegant, 15-acre tropical haven catering to the most discerning travelers. More than 350 guest rooms and suites, each featuring their own private balcony or patio, welcome with a tropical, serene ambiance and feature modern amenities such as Wi-Fi access and LCD TV. Guests can indulge in five extraordinary dining options, including the award-winning Sunset Grille, Gilligan’s Beach Grill Restaurant, romantic La Playa torchlight dinners and more. Acclaimed for its Vegas-style play, the resort’s casino features table games, slot machines and tournaments. A sanctuary of relaxation, the beachfront eforea spa entices with a Japanese-inspired bamboo relaxation area, outdoor cabana and exclusive treatments. The resort boasts activities including watersports such as diving, snorkeling, sailing and windsurfing; two zero-entry pools, bicycle rentals, Kids Club, Discover Program and more, perfect for the entire family. With distinctive Aruban flair, the resort is renowned for its friendly and professional service, and is ideally situated near countless island activities, including shopping and nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Aruba Resort, Casino And Spa
- Radisson Aruba Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Radisson Palm/Eagle Beach
- Aruba Radisson
- Raddison Aruba
- Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino Palm - Eagle Beach