“Average at Best”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I don't consider myself to be a picky eater at all but was extremely disappointed with Iguana Cantina. First off, literally five staff members walked back and forth in front of us before we were ever even greeted. The salsa was the worst I have ever had. It tasted like straight tomato sauce from a can. Fajitas had no flavor and tasted like Tyson Chicken Strips. The rice was bland and the beans weren't even warm. I would never go back. The location and open-air seating is the only plus for this restaurant.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Was hoping for a quick, reasonably priced dinner. Service was horrible - waiter was not attentive, never checked on us and we ended up going to the bar to get our own drink refills. The table next to us waited 30 min without placing an order. Food was cold when it finally arrived. Nice location but nothing great beyond that.

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

I smelled mexican food from a mile away so I insisted to go there. I liked the decoration, the seatings and sort of few attentive guys making sure everything was great. Our waitress wasn't so nice or attentive, yes took a little to get our food, the chips were not bad, I order a coke, and my husband a mix drink, when we finished our drinks, she came back and asked my husband if he wanted a refill, (she didn't even look at me and ask) so she left and got his drink and nothing for me. I had a chimichanga with stake, and funny part full of cold rice, and little meat, in a big tortilla with little bit of chesse and bland flavors, still i don't have a refill, when i couldn't wait, because i was thirsty, I asked my husband to get me water, and yes, she got the water when we were ready to pay.

The service and the food needs to improve. We stayed 8 days in Aruba, ate out every night and this was the worst restaurant we visit. My honest opinion.

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Our first time and night in Aruba we had the cab drop us off at Iguana Cantina and had a great time. The price was average and the food and portions were great. The service was awesome very outgoing waiter. The chicken and also fish fajitas were awesome and the fried icecream was truly the best I've had. The ambiance is neat it is situated in an outside strip mall with music water fountains and a carasoul. There is a movie theater. Gift stores and high end shops a little if everything. A must if you like Mexican.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Very good food. They were very friendly and fast with service. Very attentive. This is upstairs in shopping area but is open to the outside. Very good experience. If you want big portions of Great Mexican this is your place.