“Good for a low key night out.”
Review of Iguana Cantina

Iguana Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
New Jersey
“Good for a low key night out.”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Kind of like Fridays with a Mexican flair,
Food was okay nothing to write home about.
Location was convenient to the hotels on Palm Beach. Good for a light or quick bite after a long day in the sun and you don't want the hassle of walking too far or cabbing it to a further restaurant. Good for families with children

Centereach, New York
“Very good mexican food”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Love this little sister property to Smokey Joe's. It is located upstairs at The Palm Beach Mall. You can sit by the railing and watch all the people & little shows going on down in the courtyard. They also have a periodic water/light show set to music which is kind of cool. The food here is very good and plentiful....chips & salsa and guacamole yummy & fresh fresh. My company very much enjoyed the pitchers of sangria they had. The prices are good & the waitress was a doll..... Yes we will go back on next years visit.

Massachusetts
“Quite possibly the worst meal i have experienced in years!”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My husband, four kids and I came here for dinner after just arriving to Aruba. We had been traveling all day, hadn't had lunch and we were all pretty hungry. It was about 6:30 and the place was pretty empty. We asked our waitress Jenny for a pitcher of margaritas, no salt, for my husband and i and bottles of water for everyone. Our children that were traveling with us are 12, 15, 15 and 21. Jenny brought out chips and salsa, my husband asked for guacamole. The chips and salsa were great! The guacamole was really good too! I have to say, I don't know what was different about the salsa but it was very unique and had a peppery taste to it and it was great. Anyway, Jenny comes back with the drinks and she has 6 margarita glasses and starts putting them down in front of the children. The kids of course had no idea what she was doing. The glasses just contained ice, had salt on the rim and a lime on the rim as well. When she got to the third child i told her "no, the margaritas are just for my husband and I, they are just having water. They are not old enough to drink" At this point she just said "ok". We must have been sitting at the table for a good 25 minutes (and eating chips and salsa) before we were given any napkins and utensils. When the food arrived she tried to serve me a chicken chimichanga after i had ordered chicken chilaquiles. I said "no, i did not order a chimichanga, i ordered the chilaquiles". Jenny then said, "well it's going to take another ten minutes if that's what you want". It was almost as if she was coming across like i had changed my mind and it was my fault. Never an apology for getting it wrong. I just said, "no problem, i don't mind". I then thought in my mind, well they both kind of sound the same, it could be an innocent mistake. My food definitely arrived faster than ten minutes. I didn't time it but it was faster. It was then i was thinking oh no, i should have just stuck with the chimichanga! It was the worst chilaquiles i have ever had. I have to admit i haven't had a ton of plates of chilaquiles but i have had enough to know that these were really bad. My husband had ordered the El Favorito under the Combos Mexicanos menu. He claimed he wasn't that happy with it but he sure polished most of it off. He did however leave the enchilada behind (again chicken). One of my daughters got a vegetarian burrito and she was happy with it. My other daughter chicken enchilada and she was quite disappointed with that. She kept saying "mom, its old"... I just wasn't getting it so i tried it myself. She was right, the tortilla was stale! Very disappointing. One of my sons had shrimp fajitas and was pleased with that and the other got steak fajitas in which he said he did not like at all. The kids got desert and were happy with those. Two had the fried ice cream. I actually tried a couple bites and found it to be quite good and the other got the chocolate lava cake which he said was really good. The setting is really nice. We sat out on the balcony, there were dancers down below and a fountain show with music. The atmosphere couldn't be any better. However, that does not make up for the slow service of the terrible food! We almost always tip at least 20 % but tonight Jenny received a 15 % tip due to her poor performance. As a former waitress I totally understand what it is to work for tips but i find her performance completely unacceptable in many different ways. I would never tip a waitress based on the food being terrible because i feel that has nothing to do with waitstaff. I feel this is just one of those "tourist traps". We have visited Aruba before and know there are amazing restaurants in the area and i will never come back to this one nor will i recommend it to anyone.

• Visited February 2014
West Bloomfield, Michigan
“Cantina of My Dreams”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Awesome sizzling fajitas with the perfect combination of spices and a hint of lime. Excellent fresh salsa. A hot sauce for the daring that with searing flavor. Great combos. Excellent drinks -amazing mango daquiris. Friendly and attentive wait staff (thank you again Celine!). Perfect setting overlooking town courtyard with entertainmnet at night. This place is really a jewel .Between the atmosphere, delicious food and drinks, service, setting and reasonable prices, it is not to be missed if you are in Aruba.

• Visited February 2014
Boca Raton, Florida
“Mexican food in Aruba?”
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

I love Mexican food so we decided to give it a try.... It was definitely authentic but just average. It's like anything...you get what you pay for!! It was Very inexpensive compared to the other restaurants.My husbands fajitas were much better than my chili relleno (they used cheddar instead of queso). The salsa was sweeter than we are used to but the waiter brought us hot sauce! He was very pleasant and very attentive. It was definitely a great location to watch the fountain show. I had the patron margaritas which were also very good... Sometimes you just have to judge for yourself.. Go with no expectations for Mexican food in Aruba!

2 Thank Weddingwoman