“Great beach location with good seafood. Pretty expensive.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Atardi

Atardi
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: L.G. Smith Boulevard
Transit: Public bus stop in front of Aruba Marriott Resort.
Description: Listed as one of Trip Advisor's Top 10 Must Dine At Restaurants in Aruba, Aruba Marriott's beachfront restaurant, Atardi, is the best kept secret on the island. The perfect setting for a romantic dinner, delighted by sunsets and the warmth feeling of the sand between your toes. Sit back and connect with all your senses.
Summerfield, North Carolina, United States
“Great beach location with good seafood. Pretty expensive.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Sitting on the beach in front of the Marriott was wonderful. The service was very good and the seafood was also good, but not great. The scallops which were supposed to be blackened, just had a blackened seasoning on them and were somewhat undercooked. The Mahi Mahi was very good and the sides of potatoes, creamed spinach and asparagus were also very good.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Roanoke, Virginia
“Simply Fish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

Simply Fish is very expensive for what you get. i thought the food was just ok But the atmosphere was great and wait staff was good.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Larry D
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Mediocrity defined... With a lovely view.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner at Simply Fish tonight. We were staying at the Marriott Ocean Club and we'd heard good things. I have to be honest. My husband and I are both baffled by the positive reviews on and off Trip Advisor.

I will start by saying that I did not have huge expectations. I knew we were eating at a Marriott. I expected basic food for a fairly high price. We were willing to take a small hit to enjoy the sunset on the beach for our last night in Aruba.

I would say the whole meal felt like a pretty bad impression of fine dining. The beach is lovely but was not cleaned up after the day. Accordingly, there were plastic cups and napkins littering the ground. When we arrived for the first seating if the night, only some of the tables were set up.

The staff were basically pleasant, if not polished. (My husband asked how the red beans side was and was told, "boiled."). The service was slow at times but then hurried at other points. (For example, sorbet was served about 15 minutes after we finished our appetizers but our entrees were served before we finished our sorbet. The sorbet's a nice touch but we didn't get to eat it.). After we finished eating, it took ages to get our check.

Service and location aside, the food is really pretty disappointing. My husband had the mahi mahi and I had the surf and turf. My entree was $56, I believe. Even with the view, it was not worth anywhere near that. The steak was tender but tiny. The seafood was somewhat fishy. It came with a tiny ramekin of "coconut" rice and luke warm plantains. My husband's mashed potatoes and creamed spinach, both of which were recommended by our waiter, were equally uninspiring. Everything kind of seemed like it was premade and defrosted in a microwave. We skipped desert because, quite frankly, it felt like we'd be adding insult to injury by paying $10 a plate for defrosted cake. I would compare the overall food quality to an Applebees on the beach.

All in all, I would have been happy with the experience if we paid roughly half our bill. However, our bill was nearly $200 without wine.

There are a number of good places in Aruba. Many have great environments AND great food. Skip this one.

Visited February 2014
Centereach, New York
“Lovely Setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

This is where in the evening , the lovely white sand beach turns into a fabulous restauran, toes literally in the sand. The fish was very good, and the service was fine. I'd say this one was a bit on the pricey side, especially if you are drinking. Great for a romantic dinner. Located behind The Marriott Hotel.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Northern New Jersey
“What Barefoot Could Be!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

This is another restaurant on the beach, toes in the sand concept similar to barefoot, but better in every regard but one. The restaurant is part of the Marriott Stellaris property located in Palm Beach and cooking is comes out of the same beach side patio restaurant as you would order your cheeseburgers and fries at during your fun in the sun, but do not be deterred.
At night the area is distinguished by tiki torches and a soft guitar playing with the wind. Unfortunately the area is also lit by a few floodlights no doubt the product of Marriott's legal department. Just a bit too bright.
We shared the salt-and-pepper calamari which was right on point.
My wife had panfried Berrimundi with coconut rice & Yucca Frita.
I had Grouper with coconut rice & tostones. The fish was perfectly done and the rice was among the best flavored rice we've sampled.
Don't miss the Coconut Cake for dessert.

1 Thank ckojac