“Simply a Great Restaurant”
Review of Atardi

Atardi
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: L.G. Smith Boulevard
Transit: Public bus stop in front of Aruba Marriott Resort.
Description: Listed as one of Trip Advisor's Top 10 Must Dine At Restaurants in Aruba, Aruba Marriott's beachfront restaurant, Atardi, is the best kept secret on the island. The perfect setting for a romantic dinner, delighted by sunsets and the warmth feeling of the sand between your toes. Sit back and connect with all your senses.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply a Great Restaurant”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My wife and I ended up eating there twice on our vacation. The restaurant is located right on the beach and lit by tiki torches. They had live music both times we went. The setting is very peaceful, and the ocean is only a few feet from the front row of tables. You can take your shoes off and kick back with your feet in the sand. We went during the slow season in Aruba, so some of these results may not be the same during the busy season as far as seating. The first night we went to try the restaurant, we were able to get seated right away. We are not sure if we got preferential treatment with my wife being pregnant, but who are we to complain. The second time we decided we would call for a reservation, because we wanted to be sure we would get a table. The wait staff is very friendly. We had the same server both nights, Mauricio (we were very happy when we realized he was our waiter the second time). He was genuine, had good input on what we would like based off our questions, and made us feel very welcome, especially the second time when he recognized us and treated us like long time customers. Everything we had both nights was very good. Both nights we received a complimentary sorbet before our main course. The fish portion size was good. The portion size of the sides was small; however, it was enough to not leave us disappointed. I'm not sure if being used to many of the portion sizes in America have made me assume that this size is small compared to other areas of the world. My wife and I would/will go back there if we go to Aruba again.

Hawley, Pennsylvania, United States
“Beautiful!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Got off to a slow start with hostess having difficulty finding our reservation & it being made for the wrong time by our hotel concierge here at the Marriott.. Appetizer of crab claw salad was small..& not so great, borderline terrible.. but dinner was extremely good. I enjoyed the blackened Mahi Mahi which was much better than my husband's blackened Striped Bass.. They treated us extra special because we were on our honeymoon.. With a nice hand crafted gift & personalized menus which were made out to Mr & Mrs my maiden name.. We got quite a kick out of that.. Overall highly recommend this dining experience.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“MUST DO FOR COUPLES”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

There is nothing to dislike about this amazing Sunset Dinner, if you go to Aruba please do this, your experience will be a once in a lifetime experience

Visited September 2013
San Francisco, California
“Most incredible location I've ever eaten in”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

If you only have money for one nice dinner while in Aruba, go here. You sit right on the beach, with your feet in the sand (they have you take your shoes off before you go to your table). Try and be there for sunset. That's what we did and I can't put into words how beautiful it was to sit there right next to the water and have a nice seafood dinner served to me. It was also very romantic. The waiters were friendly and more than willing to take your picture. This was one of my very favorite things in Aruba.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jennifer-of-SF
Queens, New York
“Romance in Paradise!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

I went to simply fish last night since it was our last evening in Aruba. The setting is absolutely beautiful beyond words and so romantic. They had an amazing guitarist/singer that really sets the mood. I'm not a fish person so I originally booked to eat at a different restaurant on the beach. After talking with some locals, they stated simply fish was way better so I changed my reservation. My boyfriend and I had a table right in front of the ocean and it was lit up by a torch. We both had the filet mignon which was excellent and I paired it with a nice glass of wine. Alfredo our waiter was amazing and even gave us a goodbye gift! Such a romantic place! I highly recommend eating here while in Aruba. I can't wait to go back to Aruba to dine here. Maybe my boyfriend will propose to me there next time as it's the perfect most romantic setting to do a proposal :)