“Worth It”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: L.G. Smith Boulevard
Transit: Public bus stop in front of Aruba Marriott Resort.
Description: Listed as one of Trip Advisor's Top 10 Must Dine At Restaurants in Aruba, Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino presents Atardi, a beachfront restaurant and the best kept secret on the island. The perfect setting for a romantic dinner, delighted by sunsets and the warmth feeling of the sand between your toes, sit back and connect with all your senses at our restaurant in Palm Beach.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was a very enjoyable night. We had an 8:15 reservation. It was well after sunset and the torches were lit. We sat right down by the water. It couldn't have been prettier. There were a few people who walked by but all were quiet. Certainly less traffic than in any sidewalk cafes. I agree that the hostesses seemed a little out of sync and disorganized about the reservation,but we walked over to the bar and got a drink while we waited. The thing about this restaurant is the setting. You are right out on the sand at the water side and it could not be prettier. The service was very friendly and attentive. I ordered a second drink and it was not what I ordered. The waiter took care of it immediately. In a vacation mood, I had ordered a Hurricane ( which my husband pointed out " grown ups don't order" ) So don't get too adventurous at the bar. My husband had an Oyster stew ( not the East Coast type) and it was very good. I had the Shrimp appetizer grilled on lemon grass skewers and it was amazing. It was done just right and the seasoning was excellent. They fell down a little on the entrees. My husbands fish was very good, a bass variety, but I ordered the Wahoo and it was overcooked. Perhaps I should have sent it back but I was so distracted by the beauty of the surroundings that they could have served shoe leather and I might not have noticed. The beauty is the reason you go here. It was very dark and starry by the time we ate. As I said, the few passers by did not detract from our enjoyment, but I can see that at busier times of the day it could be an issue. It is right on the beach and there are people walking. Do go here! Get a reservation a couple of days in advance if you can, so you get a good table. Even for us, married 40 years, it was a romantic setting. I just wanted to sit there forever. There was music, just at the right decible level, so you were aware of it but it did not interfere with conversation. I would not really consider this a place to take business clients or little kids. It is not a casual beach hot dog stand, and it is expensive. However, the breath taking beauty of the torches, the stars and the white tables on the sand is like stepping into a painting.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,038)

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Beware after 8:30 the staff will begin to break down tables around you and the musical entertainment will leave. They will run out of fish and appetizers. If you have more than 2, you will sit under spotlights with no candlelit illumination. Personally, the fish at Fishes and More in town was better prepared and half the price. SKIP this experience. . .

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Hotel food at best - even the tables on the sand aren't really enjoyable when you have people walking by - dogs walking by - my pan-sauteed grouper was overcooked - the variety of sauces they tout tasted bottled - canned - or just tasteless - service was fair - hostesses couldn't seem to deal with our reservation to save their souls - the major disappointment of our dinners all week.. go to Barefoot instead!

1  Thank LvsChagall
Reviewed July 10, 2013

While digging one's toes in the sand while eating is nice, keep in mind that this is right next to the main beach in front of the Marriott - so depending on when you are eating, people are still boozing/suntanning potentially right next to you.

That being said, the view while eating in early evening is romantic and relaxing.

A five star meal this is not - the food is average at best. So keep that in mind when you're booking as it's still on the expensive side.

The areas at the Hyatt for a similar outdoor dinner are nicer looking, can't comment on the food.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have been here about 5 times before but this was the best by far. The food was great and you cannot beat the atmosphere on the beach. Really glad we went.