Tripadvisor

“The service ruined it!”
Review of Madame Janette

Madame Janette
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Rekindle your love for dining "Al Fresco" and daily live music at a unique restaurant that deliciously embraces Caribbean excitement with a European touch.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I am very careful about writing reviews as I own a food establishment. I am also aware of the damage one review can cause. There are two parts to this review. We have been traveling to Aruba for the last 5 yrs and we had never been to Madam Janet’s. Well last week our grown children had flown in and we had made a reservation several days in advance. We had heard nothing but good things and we were super excited to dine here. They did not fail us. From the moment we were seated to ordering, to service and dessert. Absolutely flawless, and the encrusted grouper is amazing as well as the steak Mafia. We even had a discussion within the group how this was one of the best dining experiences ever, and I’m not 20.
Now here comes part 2
Kids have gone home a week later and I make reservations again to dine with my husband. From the moment we arrived to paying 185.00 bill it was disappointing to say the least. When you come from a very cold climate is seems magical to sit outside, and at madame Janetts you get the feel of a secret garden.charming, low lighting but flies beyond flies. On every bit of food. We even asked for a citronella candle or extra cloth napkins to cover the food. It was quite a turnoff. The first 20 min know one came over, and finally a male server looking like the world was coming to an end, did. We were made to feel like we were just a number and we were really putting him out. So when I say service can make or break your dining experience, I’m not kidding. Yes the food is good but there should be more to just good food and for that we will never return. Management stepped in to take over service and we felt very humored. Maybe madame janette should do service training classes for the staff.

1  Thank Lovehatham
Write a reviewReviews (7,219)

Reviewed January 20, 2020

Highly recommend Madame Janettes. Food is delicious and ambience and is beautiful. Service is great. I will be back!

Reviewed January 20, 2020 via mobile

This was our second visit to Madame Jeanettes and again it was delicious. We sat outside and there was live entertainment so that made the visit perfect.
Staff is always very attentive, although this time we were not given any bread and we actually had to ask a different server from ours waiter for some. He was so apologetic and embarrassed that our server had not given us bread.
The atmosphere is wonderful, the food was delicious and we enjoy coming here, it’s just we did not often see our server so getting drinks and bread was a bit difficult.
The food was delicious, we had beef, fish, scallops and a veggie option and they were all delicious.
Will I come back?? Yes, but if I encounter the same kind of service I may rethink that.

Reviewed January 20, 2020

We have been going to Madame Janett's for the past 12 years. The food and service has been consistenly good and we continue to enjoy this restaurant. I had a filet for the first time and the steak was excellent. Normally we eat fish in Aruba but it was a nice change of pace. The almond crusted grouper and coconut shrimp is always good. Portions are very healthy. The bang - bang shrimp appetizer was excellent. It is a very popular place, so be prepared to be patient at times. The atmosphere and live music is great in case they are super busy.

Reviewed January 18, 2020

Had dinner on a Saturday night in early January.
Very, very nosey. Sat in an area that reminded me of a parking lot.
Food was more quantity over quality. Though it was overpriced.
Service was ok.