“Loved everything!”
Review of Madame Janette

Madame Janette
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 20, 2013

One of our favorite restaurant's in the world! Casual but yet romantic atmosphere, friendly and impeccable service, food was lovely presentation and tasted awsome! Oh yes the portions were so large that we always shared a meal ( for small extra charge) ! We are going back to Aruba and it will be the first place we will go and I am sure we will go more then once !

There are newer reviews for Madame Janette

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We visit this restaurant each time we vacation in Aruba. Once again we experienced excellent meals and service. My wife and I had almond crusted grouper and my sister had salmon. Reservations are recommended. We'll see you next time we visit Aruba Madame J.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

My wife and I are on our honeymoon so we expected dine out for dinner almost every evening. We knew we wanted to go all out for a few nights, and unanimously friends and family who have been to Aruba before recommended MJ's. I will thank them all personally.

We were greeted immediately and enthusiastically by the hostess who seated us immediately although we were a bit early for our reservation. Leni was our waitress who was a delight and very helpful immediately, and we were assisted by Yannah (I hope I spelled their names correctly because they deserve accolades) who were both charming, funny, efficient, and assisted us with our choices and made excellent recommendations. Even the bar staff who helped running drinks were fun and helpful.

The negatives (not for us) were the outside setting can get you rained on (it spritzed on us four times, we didn't care as we know its going to be short-lived but other patrons were visibly upset-noobs lol) and there could be a cat nearby as there is a local cat who can pop in via tree and mingle. I have a rescue cat so I am sensitive to animals but non animal people, since you are heartless and empty inside, should probably consider going elsewhere. It gives it a real island homey Hemingwayesque touch that my wife and I loved. Minute but we dug it.

The food - a spectacular experience in presentation, portion size, diversity, and flavor. Wow.
I had the carpaccio which I have been craving for weeks and it was divine. The Lady had the chorizo, a favorite of ours, which wasn't her dream app but it was tasty.
Entrees for my lady was the Gianna Versace , filet with spinach lobster and hollandaise I believe. I had the sea bass which kicked butt, wasabi mashed and soy with veggies. Amazing and beautifully prepared and presented. Drank two flavored mojitos banana and mango both delicious, along with some Dutch biers to match our varies tastes for the evening. Dessert also was coconut cake for my lady and fresh brownie with Cracker Jack ice cream a la mode. Brownie was Excellent also, cake must have been good I could only get a forkful lol.

Great selection of beverages also worth noting. We are younger but still worldly and have experienced culinary highs and lows in Aruba , abroad, and in the states and this was a delight. Recommended with the caveats mentioned about outdoor seating and cats. We again loved the staff and the cat!!! Pricing was still with two apps, two entrees, two mojitos two desserts and three beers below some of the other places we have been!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We went here for dinner last night and enjoyed the steaks. The meal was very pricey, similar to expensive steakhouse in US but not the same quality. Children's menu items are very expensive. Appetizers were delicious but small portions for the $19 price tag. We have been twice now and will try something different next time we come.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This place was great. The food was awesome with huge portions. They greeted us with a special cocktail for our anniversary which I loved so much, I ordered it all night. The ambience is nice with a guitar player taking requests. Special place to go to in Aruba- would not miss it