“Great Place”
Review of Madame Janette

Madame Janette
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Very popular from other reviews we had read & I can see why after eating here.

It was very busy tonight, showing it's popularity, but that did not prevent the service being first class. Attentive, friendly, smiles & informative from the 2 waitresses that served us. Dispite it being almost full there were no long delays between drink orders & service or food orders and service.

The atmosphere inside is special. Great lighting & one man & his guitar providing the perfect ambience.

The food was very good. I had Sea Bass & my wife had rack of lamb followed by a chocolate brownie. I caught glimpse of other guests food & all looked great with really good sized portions.

When we return to Aruba we will be back here without a doubt. A really special place

Write a ReviewReviews (5,957)

Reviewed May 14, 2013

MJ is very popular with visitors to Aruba, but it felt very "touristy" to us. It's certainly much larger than any of the other restaurants we frequented, and in my mind, large venues just do not deliver the kind of quality and special ambiance that my husband and I look for in Aruba. Yes, I like the little fairy lights throughout the garden, but I don't like the crowded, frenetic atmosphere or being asked by a roving photographer if we wanted a special memento of our evening (as if we're on a cheap cruise). Large numbers of staff were also ranging back and forth among the tables, doing what I'm not sure, and the canned music was awful - they do have a musician who started his set before we left, but the acoustics were bad. Of course, most importantly, the food was very disappointing - overdone and heavy on the sauces, just drowning out any flavor. The waiter did seem knowledge of gluten allergy issues when I asked him about a couple of dishes, but didn't make any suggestions and didn't offer any sort of GF alternative to the large basket of bread they put on the table. We won't go back - there are too many truly great restaurants on Aruba to waste another evening on a restaurant that we didn't enjoy.

3  Thank GF-Wife
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Great food, service, and unique outdoor setting with live/soft music. Easily among top places on the island.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We are on our second visit to Aruba and have eaten out every night. This is by far the best service and food we have had. The entertainment was fantastic and took all of our requests.

The beef carpaccio was amazing....best I have EVER had. Our waiter, Nathan, and his helper were very attentive, and went above and beyond for the birthday celebration in our party.

Everyone at our table of 7 was raving that their dish was the best...how to choose!?! Have to go back again!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

From the atmosphere to the service to the food this place was great. The Chilean sea bass was phenomenal.