“Great food and nice outside dining area”
Review of Madame Janette

Madame Janette
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The service was amazing along with the mojitos! I highly recommend the Almond and coconut encrusted shrimp meal! Cute setting and live music!

Write a ReviewReviews (6,082)

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The three of us eat at Madame Janette's every time we visit Aruba. I usually get the almind grouper but this time I wanted to try the surf and turf: filet mignon, a lobster tail, and three shrimp.
I specifically told the waiter, Max, that if the meat was not rare and/or if the lobster and shrimp were rubbery, I would send them back. The filet was rare and the edges seared the way I prefer. The lobster and shrimp were succulent. Other places around the world have not done better.
The ambience is always lovely as all sit outdoors. We asked if they had mosquito repellent, and in a few seconds Jade delivered " tropical Off" to our table. It worked. My husband and friend had fish and enjoyed it. By 7:30 the place was packed with a long queue outside the bar. Our service was superb until it came time to pay the bill. My friend timed it at twenty minutes to get to the cashier and a few more minutes to execute payment via credit card. That was the only element that lowered the rating by a star. It is understandable. This is a popular place with ambience and good food. It is a bit pricey but most surf and turf entrees run 45-55 USD in my experience.
Max and Jade, our wait staff, are attentive and kind. Their small talk appeared sincere and not superficial or pushey. I think if you go early 6:30 or so, your service differs than having a latero
seating as it becomes too overwhelming for staff. Do try this place because the food is delicious.
Oh yes, Max brought us complimentary creamed spinach. I always HATED it as a child. Now I know what it should taste like: yummy!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

If you want a meal that really hits the spot then this is the place for you. Did we have to wait, yes even with a reservation, did the food take a long time to get to the table, yes it did. Was the wait worthwhile, oh yes it was. The best meal we had on the island. The coconut shrimp were large and great tasting, the fish my wife ordered was large and very tasty. We should have gone back for another meal, but will next year.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

food always consistent and great atmosphere
Staff very friendly and always making suggestions
A con stent when we are in Aruba

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Celebrated my 20th wedding anniversary with dinner at Madame Janette. The hostess, waiter, and the entire staff made it a perfect meal. There was a live singer in the gorgeous outoor seating area, and the food was excellent! The prices are very fair for food of this quality. If you go to Aruba and do not eat a meal here you are really missing out!