“A must!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Madame Janette

Madame Janette
Cuisines: French, American, Steakhouse, Caribbean, Dutch, Seafood, European, Central European
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Los Angeles, California
“A must!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

One of the most acclaimed restaurants on the island. Ideal for all. Very romantic environment. The food is good and I return year after year. This a gem of a restaurant.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank DianainAruba

Midwest
“Great Food, Service and Good Island Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

. the a month before. I'm glad we didn't. The Mojito cocktails we had were perfectly mixed with just the right amount of sweetness. We then had the Bang Bang Shrimp appetizers which were outanding on a small bed of lettuce. We had the almond encrusted grouper and the Arnold Schwarzenneger special which was wonderful but I could not finish it, and I'm a big guy. The service by Zuzana and Edwin was attentive, and our food arrived quickly and hot. What ever happened on the 26th must have been an aberation. Even though this was our first visit and our first trip to Aruba, this is a definite return.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank William Randolp... W
New Jersey
“Wonderful dinning experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Every time we go to Aruba, Madame Janette's is a most on our list.
The Rack of Lamb, cremed spinish, Potatoe's gratin is a dinning pleasure.
The steaks never disappoint. Save room for desserts.
Outdoor dinning and music with good service.
A little of the beaten path but worth the trip.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank MARY P
East Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

What can you say this is one of the best places to eat. Just wish the bugs would not be out so bring some bug spray or they will have some. The outside eating really makes up for this. The service is top shelf and the food is really good. 5* the bang bang shrimp is something to order really is great tasting.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Robert A
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Appalled by our server”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

I normally don't take the time to write reviews, but I am so taken back by what happened tonight, I had to take the time to write something. My husband and I, on our last night in Aruba as honeymooners, decided to try Madame Janettes. We made reservations earlier in the day, but when we arrived there were no reservations down for us. So we agreed to wait 15-20 minutes for our table. I order the tenderloin burger.. Medium well. When our dinners came out, I cut into my steak and it was extremely pink. I stopped the closest waitress to ask if this was medium well, she answered "oh no, I'm sorr..." And before she could finish another waiter jumped in and was pretty much yelling to the entire resturant that I was wrong and it was the lighting. Then he whips out his iPhone with a flashlight app, and has me double check.. Shoving the food in my face while my husband is asking him to please take it back its far too pink for her. Most of the resturant at this point had all eyes on me. I have never been so embarrassed! He finally agres to fix it and by the time my food came out my husbands food was cold since he refused to eat our last honeymoon dinner without me. After all that, the waiter comes out with my food and says "I put medium rare instead of medium well, here you go." Never an apology or anything from him! Needless to say.. My husband and I will not be back anytime soon or ever for that matter. I'm still in shock at how we were treated!

• 2 of 5 bubbles