“ALWAYS A GREAT MEAL”
Review of Madame Janette

Madame Janette
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Belleville, New Jersey
“ALWAYS A GREAT MEAL”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Over the last 10 plus years that I've been going to Aruba, I always visit Madame Janette's at least twice during my 7-10 day stay. The food and service is always above and beyond. The mosquitos can be annoying at times, so bring repellent for your legs.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank MrAruba

Schenectady, New York
“Favorite restaurant in Aruba!”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

Madam Janette's was hands-down our favorite restaurant from our honeymoon in Aruba! The decor is fabulous... loved the open air seating... even though it was a little warm since we were in the "more indoor" part of the restaurant. We loved the food enough to look past the warmth! Our server was very helpful and knowledgeable... We had a delicious appetizer that I believe was a special... it was some sort of tortellini with pears and cheese. The spicy pickled onion stuff they brought with the bread was sooooo good too. For entrees, I had the Coco di Rasta shrimp... honestly, I have dreams about eating this shrimp again, it was just that good. HUGE jumbo shrimp, delicious coconut-y crispiness, and the Thai curry sauce was fabulous. My husband had a steak... wish I could remember which one but he LOVED it! It was pretty big so go hungry. And the creamed spinach they brought out was delicious as well... Lastly, MJ's has a fantastically large wine list!!! Do not miss Madam Janette's on your trip to Aruba!

2 Thank jetien
“Enjoyable, great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed July 22, 2011

I would highly recommend this restaurant for and intimate or family dining. We absolutely love it. The atmosphere is outdoor, casual or dressy. Service is excellent as well as the food. The presentation is like what you would find in an expensive Manhattan restaurant. They usually have music which is very enjoyable, while dining. The best thing yet is your not rushed, you can really enjoy your meal and the atmosphere.

• Visited August 2010
1 Thank Donna713
Leawood, Kansas
“If you are going to Aruba, make sure you eat here!”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

This was a reccomendation from both staff at our hortel and locals that we asked while out shopping. When we arrived, we fell in love with the decor. All the seating is out side, and the atmosphere is very laid back. Its very quaint and inviting with very knowledgable and friendly staff. The best part of the experience is food...as it should be. I had the almond crused grouper, my wife had a steak. The food and presentation was amazing. So amazing that we had to visit again during our trip. The price is comparable to the other restaurants we visited, but the food was well worth the price paid.

1 Thank JasonK1974
Hackettstown, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous food and great service. Went back serveral times!”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

The service was friendly and attentive. Atmosphere was a true Aruban feeling of relaxation with a guitarist and low outdoor lighting. Very romantic. At the bar, I met the owner whom is someone I now call a friend. I cant wait to go back! Loved it!

1 Thank Melissawright73