“Very Romantic Dinner on the Beach”

Passions on the Beach
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: From the sea to your table, the freshest reef cuisine served right at the island's shore. The island's incomparable dining experience on Eagle Beach, one of the world's award-winning beaches.
New Windsor, New York
“Very Romantic Dinner on the Beach”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Not being a seafood person, the Coconut Grouper with banana dip was amazing! The atmosphere is romantic. Make sure to get an early reservation so you can watch the sunset. The only thing I did not enjoy (that is not the fault of Passions) was that there was a large group with small children that were running around on the beach and causing a ruckus. This disrupted our evening, but still enjoyed it very much! A must on any couples list of places to eat in Aruba!!

Visited November 2013

Kennewick, Washington
“Incredible Setting”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Timing is everything. We got to the beach (yes, this place is right on the beach) a little early for our 1830 reservations, but still missed the sunset by about 10 minutes. Such is life. Our reserved table along a line closest to the water was waiting. GREAT location. Now the BIG but - the table next to us has a couple - the woman was a chain smoker unlike I have seen in years. When she didn't have a cigarette going it was only when she was eating. It as non-smokers who detest the smell it took a great deal away from a special evening. That said, the service by Morella was quite good. We started with a bottle of Unduuraga Brut bubbly from Chile. It was new to both of us - and quite enjoyable. Dinner started with the crab salad which was good, but not great and the seafood soup, again good but not great. One of us had the chef's preferred sea bass. It was excellent! Cooked perfectly and just tasted great. The other had the lamb - which was quite good, but not excellent. So all-in-all I gave this 4 stars for the atmosphere and service, food sort of a 4 (but without the sea bass would have been 3) and I'd have given it a 1 do to the smoker next to us.

• Visited November 2013
Maryland
“Wonderful dining experience”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This was one of the best meals, and the best experiences, we had on Aruba. Definitely not to be missed. Reservations are a must.

Visited November 2013
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina, United States
“Wonderful beach side dinner”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here in late October and it was the best dinner we had on the island. The lamps on the table, the warm breeze and a fantastic sunset were the perfect finishing touches for a great meal.

Our waitress was great, the food was great (my wife had the pork, I had the fish special) both were excellent, but the pork was a little better.

Dessert was also great.

• Visited October 2013
Holmdel, New Jersey
“Does not live up to reputation”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We were very anxious to dine at Passions after reading so many favorable reviews. Very disappointing dining experience. The Watermelon Salad, a speciality of the house, was over ripened and just OK. The Fish Terrine, another speciality, was too salty as was the grouper special entree.

Service was very poor for a restaurant of their supposed status. Appetizer dishes remained on the table way after we were finished and the wine we ordered when the main course was served didn't arrive until we were nearly finished with our entree. When I complained to the waiter, I got a story instead of a simple apology. When asked if we wanted desert or coffee, I ordered a decaf coffee only to be told, "No decaf"; how can a restaurant not serve decaf coffee?

The best part of Passions On The Beach is the beach; the sand on Eagle Beach is unbelievable and running my feet through the sand kept me calm through dinner.

There a plenty of good restaurants in Aruba and Passions will have to up its game to compete with them.

• Visited November 2013