“Reliable Food”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Legendary Steak House, serving the finest U.S. Prime steaks, fresh seafood and classic desserts with Caribbean charm and elegance.
Chicago
“Reliable Food”
Reviewed May 1, 2010

After a few disappointing and expensive meals in Aruba we decided to dine at Ruth's Chris....twice. Of course we have one in Chicago but if we were going to have a dinner tab of $150 for 2, we wanted to know it would at least be good. The service is not good. They bascially seat you and hand you the menu, the waiter asks for drink orders if you're ready to order your dinner; no mention of specials or explanation of menu. My husband's filet was medium rare as requested. I ordered medium and thought it was closer to medium well both times. The 4 stars is for the food, sadly an American chain was the best meal we had in Aruba.

Southampton, Massachusetts
“Best Restaurant in Aruba!”
Reviewed April 26, 2010

My wife and I are owners at the Marriott Aruba Surf Club. After coming here for a couple of years, we decided to try Ruth's Chris Steakhouse this evening. We just left twenty minutes ago and I could not wait to come back and counter some of the reviews I had read and, in my opinion, are curiously critical. Those of you that come to trip advisor often know what I'm talking about...those people who never seem to be happy. Our meal was beyond excellent. Our servers, Amedo and Marc were attentive, informative, and very responsive. My wife got the 22oz Lobster tail. The price of $79.00 is a lot of money to us (we are not rich people) but it was wonderful and very well worth it. The kids and I each ordered filets and they were done perfectly. When you read the reviews and see people writing about the sides, remember...it is family style. We ordered three delicious and hot sides (Potatoes au gratin, Asparagus with a hollandaise sauce and some spaghetti-like fries) and none of us could finish our meal, the bread and sides. My wife and oldest son ordered Mojitos and I had a Gibson. Drinks were excellent, ice cold, and reasonably priced considering the quality. Lastly, I know you're all waiting...the price. Family of five with boys aged 18, 16, and 13 with more food than we could eat was $373.00 not including tip (But remember, my wife ordered the most expensive item on the menu by far). We ate at El Gaucho's, and Le Petit Cafe earlier in the week and both were worth it; but if you're looking for more than a meal...an experience with excellent service, piping hot, well-prepared food, and a great atmosphere, Ruth's Chris at the Marriott is your place. Ask for Amedo and Marc's section. They won't let you down.

NJ
“Awful and Overpriced”
Reviewed April 3, 2010

Ruth Chris took over the Italian restaurant Tuscany at the Marriott Stellaris. It's awful. Not one of the 4 of us enjoyed our dinner. We recently dined at Bobby Flay's and WolfGang Puck here in the U.S. and had excellent meals. This restaurant was of no comparison. Over rated and Over priced. My steak was dry and had no flavor. Everyone else's was swimming in butter, digusting. Service was good, food awful---worst Steak House we've ever been too!

1 Thank evcm1
Burlington, Massachusetts
“Sad and Disappointing for us. Maybe next year.”
Reviewed February 11, 2010

Ruth's Chris Steakhouse--

January 2010 Week two- Mid week-evening..

Overall, I would have to say this was a sad disappointment for a very popular restaurant in America. I Expected much better, having visited other restaurants within this chain of restaurants in Boston and Washington D. C. This restaurant has a very nice interior, very conducive to business dining or a special family event and a pleasing atmosphere, that is not overly noisy. I went with my wife and two family friends, who highly recommended the restaurant to us. We had resevations, and we were seated fairly promply. After taking our drink order, we were greeted by a manager, but we wish we saw her after our meal.

Unfortunately, 2 orders out of 4 from our table had to be sent back, one overcooked, [ Portabello Mushroom entree] one undercooked, {Fillet Mignon-medium well]. No compensation, no apology or offer to fix the mistake from our server was made to us.

On this night, the staff seemed to rest on its past laurels and press releases. The "Take it or leave it" oblivious attitude of staff was equally discouraging. Our friends who recommended this restaurant felt embarassed and apologetic, but we will give them a try next year, maybe.

1 Thank Burlingtontownie
Phila, PA
“EXCELLENT, FOOD, SERVICE AND THE MANAGER SAT AT OUR TABLE....”
Reviewed January 12, 2010

We stayed in Aruba over the Christmas holidays and ventured out to all kinds of resturants. The final night we finally got it right and enjoyed our waiter Luis and the manger's company Eduard Renuard at our table. Everything was excellent and tasty.

1 Thank nopd1957