“Nice Steaks!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ruth's Chris Steak House

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Legendary Steak House, serving the finest U.S. Prime steaks, fresh seafood and classic desserts with Caribbean charm and elegance.
Montreal
“Nice Steaks!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

I went there with a friend. We both had the filet with a side of asparagus and French fries. The steaks were cooked to perfection! The asparagus were nice and semi-crunchy. The fries were soggy and not very good. The wait staff was friendly and very professional but a little too robotic - too corporate. I understand that Ruth's Chris has procedures on how the wait staff need to introduce themselves ('hello my name is .... and I will be your server ...). I guess they have to repeat this so often that they eventually race through their introduction making it sound somewhat ridiculous and impersonal. Jus slow it down and be yourselves! Overall, though, it was a good experience. I give the steak a perfect 5 stars. Very tasty .

Kent, Ohio, United States
“Wonderful place and great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Went here on our last night and was not disappointed . Our food was lovely and prepared wonderfully. They have the absolute best mashed potatoes I have ever had in my life. I had filet and lobster tail and were cooked to perfection. So romantic and great atmosphere. I'm accustomed to fine dining and this more than met my expectations. Highly recommended worth every penny. This is fine dining so if your looking for a cheap meal this place isn't for you but for fine dining great price.

dallas, texas
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

After being rejected from our reservation at La Trattoria el Faro Blanco at the lighthouse, (go read that review) we ended up here. The meal was fabulous as usual. The service was outstanding and it completed and otherwise disappointing evening to a wonderful night full of fun and great food. The steak was cooked to perfection, the waiter took all the men at our table to the back so they could see how the chef prepares the steak. This was a highlight to the meal since all the men like to grill steaks.. Thanks for a great evening Ruth Chris.

Visited June 2013
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
“Made to feel like a criminal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I just got back from my dining experience at the Ruth Chris in Aruba were we went to celebrate out 42th wedding anniversary. The meal started off well until we got our entrées. My wife did not appreciate the way the beef was prepared. She stated her displeasure and the server brought another portion which my wife stated the meat was over cooked. When she told the server that the meat was not prepared correctly the server stated he had to tell the manager since my wife’s complaint dealt with the “quality of his table”. The manager came over and after a brief discussion the manager offered to remove my wife’s meal. Since the manager made this offer we felt the night would be salvaged and we would come back again for another attempt to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
When the bill came for the dining charges to be paid, to my surprise the bill was broken out not into 2 separate special meals but a detail listing of all the items included in the meals with a small charge deducted. This issue could have been handled professionally explaining how a complaint is handled at Ruth Chris when a customer states a meal was not prepared to the customer’s expectations.
I paid the bill as presented feeling this is the protocol Ruth Chris uses when they feel a customer is trying to cheat them. To reinforce this brief the server stood guard by the bill waiting for me to sign the charge and the manager was at the front desk ready to dispute any comments I might raise. This was not the feeling you would want leaving a Ruth Chris.
Since I had a prepaid card, it did not matter the cost was and we were looking forward to a great evening for our 42 wedding anniversary.

This are my briefs concerning this evening were I was made to feel like a criminal.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank davbargold
Farmington Hills, Michigan
“Great as usual!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I celebrated our tenth wedding anniversary here. The service was very good. Our waitress was very attentive and offered suggestions and wine pairings. The manager also came by to say hello and see how our dinner was going. The food was excellent, as usual for Ruth's Chris. We both had filets, broccoli, and au gratin potatoes. We also shared the chocolate explosion desert, which was very good. The desert came out decorated for our anniversary and the waitress also sent out a gift bag with a souvenir from Aruba. The experience was very nice.

• Visited May 2013