“Good food for a hot day”
Review of Smokey Joe's

Smokey Joe's
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Bowie, MD
“Good food for a hot day”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Stopped by on the way from town for some ribs, chicken, and steak. The combos had plenty of food and the meats had great taste.

Visited June 2014

• Korean first
  • Slovak first
New York City, New York
“Good food and casual atmosphere”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Great place to relax and people watch. Burgers and jerk chicken - both excellent and reasonably priced. Been to Smokey Joe's each year since they opened and would definitely recommend.

• Visited May 2014
“Average BBQ place”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

This place is right in the middle of all the action. I was disappointed to find out all the ribs were pork and there were no beef options on the menu. I ordered the chicken. The sides are all the same the only difference is beans on the side or over the rice. Variations of hot sauce were good to try. Very hot.

Visited May 2014
Thank D. M
Noord, Aruba
“Casual, good food”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We come at least once whenever we are in Aruba. Outdoor but covered. Casual picnic tables. My husband loves the ribs and I love that you can share the with a grilled chicken and then order some sides. Portions are very big.

Visited May 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Second time was better.”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

The first time, I thought it was just okay, but that could've been because I wasn't eating meat at the time...

We walked by at around 6 and asked the manager when they usually got busy. She said around 7:30 so we told we'd be back before then and went to gamble a bit. Time got away from us and we arrived at 7:40, right in the middle of their dinner rush. My husband put our name in and we were told the wait was 20 minutes. We walked back to our hotel to grab a cardigan for me and when we got back, my husband checked in again. She had already called our name, but was super, super sweet about it, and told us the next two-top would be ours.

We were seated at the bench near the sidewalk and just an fyi for those who care, tables are very close together. We ended up chatting with couples at both tables on either side of us just because we were that close to them.

We got a full slab to split ($6 upcharge for sharing, but you got to add 2 more sides) and we got fries, slaw, and rice and beans for our sides. After we put our order in, the table next to us got served and I saw the woman receive a small portion of baked mac and cheese and fries. I, being 11 weeks pregnant, immediately had to have that mac and cheese. We asked our waitress if we could order a side and she explained it was actually a kid's meal. It was $6 and we added it to our meal, thinking it would cancel out the plate sharing fee since it, technically, it a second meal.

The food took around 10-15 minutes and the ribs were pretty good! Meaty and saucy. The rice and beans were amazing, but the slaw and fries were just okay. The mac and cheese. Oh, the mac and cheese. It was so, so delicious and we were glad we ordered it. I'm going to hunt the recipe down.

Our bill, one full slab, two cokes, mac and cheese kid's meal, and the $6 sharing charge (kid's meals don't count as a second meal...boo) came out to around $30, no automatic gratuity.

Very easy, cheap, filling meal. Will def visit again.

• Visited May 2014