“Excellent Authentic Thai food on the island of Aruba.”
Review of Sawasdee Thai Restaurant - CLOSED

Sawasdee Thai Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Sawasdee is located in front of Bavaria Restaurant in Palm Beach area next to Wendy's. Since established in 2005 we serve a wide variety of vegetarian dishes as well as seafood, chicken, beef and pork.
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Authentic Thai food on the island of Aruba.”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

As I have visited Thialand on many occassions I should know what authentic Thia food is and I can honestly say that this is the place to go when staying on the island of Auba. It is just 2 mins away from the main street and well worth the short walk.

• Visited September 2012

• Polish first
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Great food, nice ambiance!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This place is the best!! Food was delicious and the owner and staff were charming and very attentive to us and the rest of the customers.

The restaurant is nicely decorated with all these cute little elephants and traditional ornaments.

We were in Aruba on our Honeymoon and really enjoyed our dinner at Sawasdee (We're Thai food lovers!!) Thank you very much guys ;)

• Visited August 2012
ARLINGTON
“Worst Thai Food I've Ever Had - Awful Service”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I came here with my wife while we visited during our honeymoon. It was a nice evening so I requested outdoor seating, even though the ambiance inside seemed nice. I believe the restaurant is owned by a German couple who are also affiliated or perhaps own the German restaurant next door. I ordered chicken pad thai while my wife ordered green curry. The restaurant was practically empty, yet it took 40 minutes for our food to be prepared. Both dishes were awful, lacked flavor and were nothing close to authentic Thai food. After our food was served nobody came out to check on us again, so we didn't get any refills and couldn't order any more food (not that I'd want to from this place). I'm not sure what the couple was doing inside because the place was practically emply. I had to go inside to request our check. Avoid this place at all cost.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Irf7
Washington D.C.
“Extremely disappointing”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My husband and I came here last year for dinner and had a good meal, so we looked forward to returning during our most recent trip to Aruba. This restaurant has gone downhill. First, there is a terrible smell when you enter the restaurant - not sure if it is cleaning solution or what, but it was nauseating and we decided to sit outside instead. Second, there were only about 5 people in the restaurant but nevertheless, it took FOREVER to get us our food. We ordered vegetarian tom yum soup, but were instead served soup with chicken in it. We are both vegetarians so this was very upsetting to get our food with chicken in it. The server apologized, but it then took another 30 minutes to get our correct soup! By then I had almost lost my hunger but we had waited so long that I figured we might as well stick around. The vegetarian soup we received ultimately was fine, nothing special but it was fine. The real disappointment was our red curry entree. The red curry was very bland, had not been cooked enough, and tasted pretty awful. We left half of our dish and left the restaurant still hungry.

What bothered me is that the owner did not take the soup off the bill, which he should have done considering we waited over one hour for the soup to arrive. We will not return to this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
Paramaribo, Suriname
“Delicious”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband ordered a take out salad with beef, which tasted great! But it was a bit steep in my opinion, something like $18. And like another reviewer already mentioned, the restaurant does smell a bit ... unpleasant upon entering, the smell really hits you. I don't know if it's incense or what, but not pleasant, and made me want to leave immediately. If you want to get your greens in, so to speak, go to Wendy's in the same block for some yummy salads, for less than the price of one at Sawasdee's.

• Visited September 2012