“A good option for Italian”

Hostaria da' Vittorio
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Authentic Ristorante Italiano & Pizzeria Napoletana By Master Chef Vittorio. The restaurant has more then 15 years of existence. Vittorio is known for his art and passion sins Valentinos and la trattoria el Faro Blanco. We bring you a peace of Italy to Aruba. With traditional, authentic recipes from all over Italy. Hostaria Da Vittorio is ceritfied by the Goverment of Italy (Ospitalita Italiana) as a truly authentic Italian restaurant in Aruba and the Caribbean. From home made pasta's, to imported Italian products such as Prosciutto San Daniele, Prosciutto di Parma, Rocca Reggiano, San Marzano Tomatoes, Vongole Veraci(baby clams) baby artichokes and much more, all over from Italy. Together with amazing Italian wines. Enjoy a wonderful dining experience as our professional kitchen staff cook in front of you, at our inside dining with an Open Kitchen and for a more casual feeling or pizza enjoy our lovely Garden.(outside dining) Open daily for Lunch 12 pm - 3 pm & Dinner 6 pm - 11 pm
Reviewed April 28, 2014

A good choice for any family looking for a full spectrum of options...nice pasta and pizza for the kids as well as upscale choices for adults. My one complaint is that though served excellent in taste and presentation, the portions on some of our dishes where small and I walked away feeling a bit under-valued.

Full disclosure, pizza and past options were a very good deal and perfectly sized.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We had a party of 12, including 4 children. The main entree took for ever. When we complained to the manager, he said that the chef burned his hand and they would get the food out as soon as possible. When the food came, 2 Chicken Parm meals were very overcome and not edible. A steak meal was under cooked and sent back and arrived after everyone else was done. Got all those meals for free and a discount, but overall the food was not good. Worst meal in Aruba. Will not go back.

1  Thank Kim S
Reviewed April 20, 2014

This review is on the service & attitude of the staff, not the food. Bottom line, the food here is very good- water attitude/service however not so palatable...needs improvement. We had some dinner vouchers that we wanted to redeem and this restaurant participated with the Marriot so we took advantage of the opportunity...3 times. Note -the bill automatically INCLUDES a flat 15% service/gratuity charge regardless of the number of people in your party. Two of the three visits my husband and I had the same waiter. Both times he appeared to be "uninterested/irritated" with our order (or lack of as we were trying to keep costs down). The first time we shared the baked eggplant appetizer (delicious flavor could've been heated more thoroughly though) followed by two thin crust brick oven pizzas. No alcohol just water. After we received our food, that was the end of Jour waiter until WE asked for the check and the remaining pizza to be boxed to go. We didn't feel compelled to tip beyond the 15% that was already included -the service did not warrant that. When he noticed that, he made a noticeable irritating sound with a look of disapproval.

We returned a few days later after a sunset cruise for a late meal. We got the same waiter again. He appeared "bothered" this time that is was "us" (at least that's what we interpreted by the look we received). None the less, the food was good before and this experience shouldn't be anything different except it was...worse! Again, we did not order alcohol, simply water. I had a wonderful insalata salad made with mixed greens (large, yummy and unexpectantly FILLING). I ordered a pizza and my husband ordered a seafood/mussel pasta dish. We WAITED roughly 45-50 minutes for it to come out AFTER my salad was finished. In the meantime, nobody acknowledge us (for more water, bread, wait time of our meals). Our meals were brought by another person with no apologies mind you (nor did we say anything, we sat and waited patiently). My husband ate half of his meal, I ate none (I was full from the salad) - again never were we asked how things were especially given that the meals were untouched/unfinished. We finally called over our waiter after sitting with our dishes pushed to the side for the bill and the leftovers to be boxed to go. When Jorge returned our food, the WHOLE pizza was dropped into a styrofoam container with the slices folded onto one another! Immediately, I brought this to a nearby waiter and requested a pizza box so my pizza wouldn't get soggy. She told me that they ran out of boxes which I replied UNACCEPTABLE. She returned with the pizza in a flat pizza box. We paid the bill and left.

While on the plane going home, I encountered two separate couples who had also dined at this restaurant unfortunately echoing the same sentiments as my experience. In hindsight, I'm not sure if this is a restaurant issue or a much bigger problem. You see, when the tip is already built in, what's the incentive to provide "good" service and less attitude.

renzosm, Guest Relations Manager at Hostaria da' Vittorio, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear Sir/Madame. I am sorry to hear that you have experience a bad service with us. we always looking to improve and we are grateful for you review. We will address this manner in the proper way and hope that his experience will not keep you from coming back to our Restaurant.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

We have been to Aruba many times and have been coming here for years. The food is authentic Italian and I am sure you won't be disappointed here. Try the tiramisu for dessert. Nits homemade and delicious.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Reviews were pretty good and also saw this restaurant on our local Boston TV show called Chronical so thought we would try it. We started out with the calamari, I don't think it was fried but it had a fishy taste to it and we didn't care for it. My husband had a veal scallopini dish which he said was very good. I had the chicken parm which was overcooked and my ziti wasn't cooked enough as it was stuck together. I should have send the dish back but they were all so nice I didn't have the heart to do it. We sat out on the patio which was nice. I would give this restaurant another try though if I was to go back to Aruba. Everybody deserves a second chance.