“Good Food, Slow Service”

Hostaria da' Vittorio
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria a Forno legna ( Wood oven Pizza ) By Master Chef Vittorio. The restaurant has more then 15 years of existence. Vittorio is known for his art and passion sins Valentinos and la trattoria el Faro Blanco. We bring you a peace of Italy to Aruba. With traditional, authentic recipes from all over Italy. Hostaria Da Vittorio is ceritfied by the Goverment of Italy (Ospitalita Italiana) as a truly authentic Italian restaurant in Aruba and the Caribbean. From home made pasta's, to imported Italian products such as Prosciutto San Daniele, Prosciutto di Parma, Rocca Reggiano, San Marzano Tomatoes, Vongole Veraci (baby clams) baby artichokes and much more, all over from Italy. Together with amazing Italian wines. Enjoy a wonderful dining experience as our professional kitchen staff cook in front of you, at our inside dining with an Open Kitchen, for more casual or pizza enjoy our lovely Garden outside dining. Open daily from 12 pm - 3 pm Lunch and Dinner 6 pm - 11 pm
Reviewed March 24, 2013

On our last night in Aruba we decided to do Italian. Our hotel recommended Hostaria da Vittorio, so we decided to give it a try. We were able to get a 7:15 reservation. Glad we did because later in the evening the place got packed. First, many have commented on the lack of service. I am going to have to agree. The hostess/greeter can only be described as aloof. Never smiled once, but was efficient in checking our name off the reservation list and getting us seated. He didn't look very happy.

We decided on the enclosed patio, which was very nice. Our waiter took a little while to get to us. We had to ask for the wine list twice. Waited and finally a different waiter came to take our order. We did make some changes to the menu items and he seemed fine with that. Delivered the salad and then we had to wait for the dressing. We had to ask for pepper and cheese for our entree. We had to ask about dessert. After the waiter listed the options for dessert, we asked for a minute to think about it. After repeatedly walking by us, we had to wave him down to let him know we were ready to order dessert. He was too busy setting up tables for a large group. I would describe the service as scattered and inattentive. Most of the waiters seemed like they were not having a good time either. A suggestion, might be to hire some people to bus the tables and pour water. Seems like the waiters did everything and that impacted service.

Now for the food. It was very, very good. Salad was fresh, the bread was warm and delicious. Both our pasta main dishes were very good. The pasta was cooked perfectly for me. We ordered home made ice cream for dessert and again it was very yummy and served with fresh berries. The portions were also a very good size. Overall, the food was excellent. What was lacking for us was the service and warmth. And if the waiters would smile more that would make a big difference too. I think if the place got a better manager and they could improve and be rated excellent in my book.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I had been to this restaurant in November 2012 and just visited it again in March 2013. In only a few months, the restaurant went down hill. Jesus, our waiter was very nice and attentive and offered us suggestions for food. I am a huge fan of Chicken Parm and have it almost everywhere I go. I had this same dish in November and what a difference. The portion was so small and came with a little spot of dice potatoes. I could have made a better chicken parm. I kept eating breat to fill myself up. Friends ordered the seafood risotto and both said that it was undercooked and the rice was hard. I won't be going back there again. I even told the waiter about my friend's undercooked risotto and all he said was that he was sorry. He didn't offer to take anyting off the receipt or give her a free dessert or anything. I wasn't happy and I won't go back there again. Try Gianni's if you want a good Italian meal.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Their pasta sauce was great! Very nice favor, good service, liked the atmosphere, when we return to Aruba we will return!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We had eaten at Trattoria Da Vittorio our second evening in Aruba. It was outstanding with perfect pasta and appetizers. We went back a week later and the pasta was undercooked and the salads wilted. We thought we were in a different place.We will try again next year and hope we are there on the right day.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

The service was really good. We got a bottle of wine and I really didn't care for it so I asked if we could switch and they were very accommodating. We got a different bottle and throughly enjoyed it. (I may have enjoyed a little too much!) I had the eggplant app. and it was very tasty. My grouper we so delicious and the sauce was awesome, best piece of fish I had the whole trip. It came out with several different types of veggies prepared perfectly. I just wish we had gone back there and skipped Simply fish.