“Excellent Italian food and ambiance”

Hostaria da' Vittorio
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Authentic Ristorante Italiano & Pizzeria Napoletana By Master Chef Vittorio. The restaurant has more then 15 years of existence. Vittorio is known for his art and passion sins Valentinos and la trattoria el Faro Blanco. We bring you a peace of Italy to Aruba. With traditional, authentic recipes from all over Italy. Hostaria Da Vittorio is ceritfied by the Goverment of Italy (Ospitalita Italiana) as a truly authentic Italian restaurant in Aruba and the Caribbean. From home made pasta's, to imported Italian products such as Prosciutto San Daniele, Prosciutto di Parma, Rocca Reggiano, San Marzano Tomatoes, Vongole Veraci(baby clams) baby artichokes and much more, all over from Italy. Together with amazing Italian wines. Enjoy a wonderful dining experience as our professional kitchen staff cook in front of you, at our inside dining with an Open Kitchen and for a more casual feeling or pizza enjoy our lovely Garden.(outside dining) Open daily for Lunch 12 pm - 3 pm & Dinner 6 pm - 11 pm
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We had a large group and were received with open arms, charm and grace by the owner who spent about 15 minutes chatting with us. Food is very good, large portions. Recommend this restaurant over other Italian places in the area.

PS They also have brick oven pizza but we did not try it.

1  Thank ronin6050

Reviewed August 31, 2011

Aruba is packed with crummy Italian restaurants serving up canned meals. But Hostaria da'Vittorio is the real thing. Everything I ate here tasted great and was made fresh in the restaurant. The staff are friendly and quick. Make sure to ask for the cannoli stuffed with gelato!

1  Thank James P
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Ate there tonight with family, the service, the food, the waitstaff were exceptional! we had veal, steak, pasta and an antipasta with foccaccia bread that was delicious! The restaurant was lovely. Do not hesitate to go! We were 5 people and had 2 appetizers nd added sides of pasta, very reasonably priced

1  Thank beachgranny_10
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We have been going to Aruba annually since 1989 and have enjoyed Hostaria da' Vittorio for at least the last 5 or 7 years. We have always eaten here once or twice each trip with large parties of 10 to 20 (or sometimes more) and the food and service has always been excellent. Something changed this year and it was extremely disappointing. We had a party of 12 - 6 children at one table and 6 adults at another. We had our usual tables outside on the patio, which we always enjoy. Our waiter was the same waiter we had in previous years. He was great and provided us a flashlight and a pair of reading glasses so we could read the menu on the dark patio. The meal started out promising with very good appetizers served with our wine 10-15 minutes after ordering. However things went downhill from there. The kids meals were served with our appetizers when we specifically asked that they be served when our entrees were served and it turned out to be a good thing as our entrees were served 90 minutes after our appetizers. I asked our server to have the manager come over after we waited an hour. The manager did not come over so I had to go into the dining room a seek him out. I told him we were outside and waiting to long for our meals (that it had been an hour since our appetizers). He did not seem apologetic or accommodating and said he would come out to us when he had a chance. We waited another 15 minutes and I had to go back in again to seek out the manager. He again was not very accommodating. Our meal finally arrive 4 were very good and 2 were not up to the typical high standards we've become accustomed to. One dish (a grouper dish) was burnt on the underside and the other (a mushroom rice dish) was undercooked. We asked the servers what the problem was tonight and were informed "that the cook had recently quit and the the owner was in the kitchen" . Again I had to go into the dining room and ask the manager to come out to speak with us. He finally did come out and we told him about our experience and that we were very disappointed. He told us "everyone has a bad night" and offered us free after dinner drinks and dessert. We told him while we appreciated the offer we were not interested since we just wanted to leave and that this did not make up for the long wait and burnt meal. The manager again said "I don't know what you all do but everyone has a bad day just like I am sure you have bad days in what you do." He was very rude and really needs a lesson in customer service. He never apologized but then offered a 20% discount and to remove the one entree from the bill, which we appreciated and thought was reasonable. The manager then brought us our bill which adjusted came to $204, which we could not read in the dark outside on the patio. We added a $40 tip because we knew the issues were not the servers fault, they were same servers we had in previous trips and they were friendly and did work very hard. The next day in the afternoon I received a call from our server who said there was an error in the bill the manager provided, apparently the manager incorrectly rang up the bill and excluded the kids meals. I said I would be happy to pay but I just needed to see copies of the itemized bill we paid and the new itemized bill, which he said he was unable to provide. I asked to speak with the manager, who again was not available until 7pm that day. I called back at 7pm and the manager was still not available but the assistant director of the restaurant said she could help me out. I explained why I was calling and she said she was aware of the situation, she apologized and said the server should never had called and that they were taking care of the error themselves. Overall an unpleasant experience, I appreciate the apology from the assistant director, I just hope they did not make the server pay for the manager's billing error. Since we've enjoyed this restaurant for many years next year we will give them another chance. Hopefully it will get better.

2  Thank 3familytravels3
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Having so many good italian options on the island I've never visited this restaurant. Now I see why people dont recommend it.
We had a terrible waiter, very rude.
The food was not bad, I would say less than average.
Definitely not a place I would recommend to nobody.

2  Thank andyalba