“Not what I was expecting”
Review of Sole Mare

Sole Mare
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Not good. Do not order the chicken parm. It was 3 chicken tenders with sauce and cheese and it didn't taste that good. The waitress was very nice but disappeared after the entrees were served. The restrooms have no air condition...ugh! The decor needs updating. Also, if you are seated near the window the view is low end housing...I advise you to pass on this restaurant.

1  Thank MissTravelsalot
There are newer reviews for Sole Mare

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Not sure why people suggest this place. The food was SO bad that I couldn't even eat it and we left. Italian cuisine does not seem to be well prepared in Aruba (La Trattoria Lighthouse was also terrible Italian food) but Sole Mare was totally inedible. NOT recommended, sorry.

1  Thank DrGuts
Reviewed June 19, 2014

not the best italian i've ever had but it really hit the spot when you are in the mood for italian. the lasanga with meat was very tasty and penne punesta - fresh tomatoes, olives and great sauce were our menu selections. we were offered sparkling water - which turned out surprisingly to be $10 per bottle. we split a terra misu which was outstanding..... nice atmosphere and server lending to an overall nice meal.

1  Thank Bill M
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We were told by our concierge to try this place as we love italian food back here in the US. The entire staff are so into making sure you are pleased with everything. Drinks were ordered promptly and they also came with garlic bread and fried corn meal. They look like a large french fry which you can dip into a marinara sauce which was very good. I ordered chicken parm which came with 3 smaller chicken parm breasts along with I chose fetticinni with red sauce. My husband ordered spagetti and meatballs which came with 6 the size of a silver dollar. Omg they were darn good and he loved them. We didnt eat the entire portions as we saw the desert on the way in. Creme' Brulee is a favorite for me and I order desert maybe twice a yr no kidding and yes I ordered one. Mouth watering and it was great. He ordered tarimasu and he loved it. Prices are reasonable and typical for the island but the one thing we really liked was that they didnt have a service charge included which is the tip already added to your bill like most resturants on the island do. We of course always leave 20% for good service and we got it here, Highly recommended if you like italian and are in aruba.

1  Thank CherylK752
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I returned to the beloved Sole Mare and was saddened by the changes that have been made. The speciality entree previously was served with perfection. You had 3 defined circles of pasta. I received a plop of food. Making a reservation proved to be an arduous task. Multiple emails and calls. Once I inquired about our former waitress and the fact she had been terminated by new management....I realized upon looking around just how bad it had gotten. I would not recommend Sole Mare to anyone looking for a great meal in Aruba. Go to Wacky Wahoo instead.